• Please log in to reply
2107 replies to this topic

#2021 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

ok i download the rom then i wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition, then i did a format /system, then i Wiped Dalvik Cache, then installent the rom. when i goto reboot and it shows the screen to where you can go into safestrap then it goes blank and does nothing. whats going on?

^^^^^^ this is exactly whats happning to me

#2022 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:slyone4ya
  • Google+:slyonefoya

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

^^^^^^ this is exactly whats happning to me

maybe it's the safestrap version you are on. all i did was boot into recovery and install the zip. it wipes for you.

#2023 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

maybe it's the safestrap version you are on. all i did was boot into recovery and install the zip. it wipes for you.

did you go into safemode before you did it? somthing like this

1. boot into safestrap
2. go into safemode
3. flash rom off od Ext-sd
4. reboot

?

#2024 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

no, i dont't use safestrap. most of the people who have, however, and were using safestrap and had issues were using something older than version 1.08.

#2025 s.cooper

s.cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:unionshane@gmail.com
  • Locationsioux city ia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

I have safestrap 1.09 and gettn the same issue.....boot logo then nothing but a black screen after the install which went well....this has happened to me many times for me.....ive flased like 4 different roms and same thing everytime!!!!!!!!!

#2026 s.cooper

s.cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Google+:unionshane@gmail.com
  • Locationsioux city ia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Help help help

#2027 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have safestrap 1.09 and gettn the same issue.....boot logo then nothing but a black screen after the install which went well....this has happened to me many times for me.....ive flased like 4 different roms and same thing everytime!!!!!!!!!

I with this guy

#2028 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

I had this issue with a theme or two as well as roms that I figured MY issue was if I'm flashing from my stock rooted safe system and then switch and flash I have no issues ( normally lol) and if I flash say eclipse on safe system or another base rom without going back to non safe system I get this same issue. Now I'm not saying this is everyone else's issue but if your using SS try this and if you do let me know and we can use this as an example for troubleshooting and or possible fix...? Hope this may help..and this is how or what I do when this occurs and like I said it worked for me...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#2029 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

I had this issue with a theme or two as well as roms that I figured MY issue was if I'm flashing from my stock rooted safe system and then switch and flash I have no issues ( normally lol) and if I flash say eclipse on safe system or another base rom without going back to non safe system I get this same issue. Now I'm not saying this is everyone else's issue but if your using SS try this and if you do let me know and we can use this as an example for troubleshooting and or possible fix...? Hope this may help..and this is how or what I do when this occurs and like I said it worked for me...

Well that is the issue, the problem is i want to install a rom and SS will not boot up while in safe mode and it will also not let you install a rom unless you are in safe mode. So basically you cannot flash a ROM..any ROM with SS cause it will only let your phone boot in non-safe mode. I want to flash a ROM, SS only boots to blank screen ain safe mode what gives?

#2030 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Well that is the issue, the problem is i want to install a rom and SS will not boot up while in safe mode and it will also not let you install a rom unless you are in safe mode. So basically you cannot flash a ROM..any ROM with SS cause it will only let your phone boot in non-safe mode. I want to flash a ROM, SS only boots to blank screen ain safe mode what gives?

Okay so here is a solution to all of your problems:

Step by step guide to get it working. If you want this rom to work then follow these exact instructions. DO NOT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT BEFORE COMPLETING THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

1. Fast boot back to .173 using RSD ONLY.
2. Root using motofail. (Just Google it.)
3. Update binaries in superuser and install latest busybox via busybox app in play.
4. Install latest safe strap v1.09 and choose install recovery.
5. Power off phone and power back on.
6. Press menu button at splash screen to go into recovery.
7. Enable safe mode.
8. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, format /system.
9. Install .zip from sdcard.
10. Navigate to where you put it and select with power button.
11. Choose yes and let it flash.
12. Once finished, choose reboot.
13. If you do not reboot there is something wrong with your phone or you didn't follow these EXACT INSTRUCTIONS.
  • rami98 likes this
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#2031 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Oh I see.. I have a working SS... I can access it on either mode. Sorry bro... maybe you should update? Or reinstall and follow all the steps just in case... My issue is just on some roms if it doesn't install and stays on black screen after ss screen I just toggle back to my stock in disabled ss mode and then back to safe mode then it will work for me.. the rom or theme I had issue with..

#2032 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I think I'm gonna give this a shot. Data good for anyone or does it require a toggle too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2033 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Im just going to drop this right here.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2034 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

Im just going to drop this right here.....

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Maxx and light usage doesn't help me.

#2035 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

Maxx and light usage doesn't help me.

Wasn't putting that there for you..and yes all of these GN based ICS roms needs data toggles from time to time....

#2036 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think I'm gonna give this a shot. Data good for anyone or does it require a toggle too?once I did have to toggle

#2037 nie

nie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

does this work with gsm patch? my razr is gsm

#2038 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

does this work with gsm patch? my razr is gsm

No there are GSM ROMs, if you want to use them.

#2039 swomack

swomack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

I think I'm gonna give this a shot. Data good for anyone or does it require a toggle too?

Still have to toggle.

#2040 jcmeyer26

jcmeyer26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

I just said f**k it stock ICS leak is good enough for me, im tried of having to RDS my phone back to life for this rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users