83 replies to this topic

#41 DeeMat

DeeMat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

My order status was never updated online, but I just received my order this morning!

#42 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Damn! it took almost a full week for a 2 day shipment?

Well to be fair, it arrived Wednesday but the Fed ex delivery couldn't find my address..... not the first time that had happened... so I had to pick it up from them the next day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#43 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I posted this on two other forums and wanted to cover all forums I use in case others have the same issue.

Looks like I may be returning my lapdock. It is a nice accessory to have and for that price it was an easy purchase but when I disconnect from the dock, many phone doesn't seem to realize it and it keeps running in the background. My battery we lasting likes 4 hours. I tried killing it, rebooting, etc . No matter what my phone just doesn't play nice. I had to do a restore back to stock and start over in order to get rid of it. I will keep trying things out but if it keeps running in the background every time I disconnect and killing my battery, I will have to return it.

#44 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

My online order status never got updated either, but I just got it today. Tested it out, and there is no sound :(
Hopefully returns are quick and painless. Not even sure if I will get another one to replace it. I think I prefer my Touchpad. I thought a bigger screen would be better, but for my needs it's a bit of an overkill. I'll have to give it a little bit of time to see if it grows on me.

I posted this on two other forums and wanted to cover all forums I use in case others have the same issue.

Looks like I may be returning my lapdock. It is a nice accessory to have and for that price it was an easy purchase but when I disconnect from the dock, many phone doesn't seem to realize it and it keeps running in the background. My battery we lasting likes 4 hours. I tried killing it, rebooting, etc . No matter what my phone just doesn't play nice. I had to do a restore back to stock and start over in order to get rid of it. I will keep trying things out but if it keeps running in the background every time I disconnect and killing my battery, I will have to return it.

Hmmm. That's very strange. I get a notice of the saved session, but it doesn't continue to run. Maybe it has something to do with your ROM

#45 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Still waiting foe mine ...I've been using my phone on my 52" Samsung TV with HD dock with USB ports in webtop mode with no problems .I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that works great ...so I'm hoping the lap dock works OK...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#46 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

My online order status never got updated either, but I just got it today. Tested it out, and there is no sound
Hopefully returns are quick and painless. Not even sure if I will get another one to replace it. I think I prefer my Touchpad. I thought a bigger screen would be better, but for my needs it's a bit of an overkill. I'll have to give it a little bit of time to see if it grows on me.
Hmmm. That's very strange. I get a notice of the saved session, but it doesn't continue to run. Maybe it has something to do with your ROM

I was stock rooted. No special Rom. Now I am back to stock, no root so I will seed if that makes a difference. I never got that notice you mention about a save session.

#47 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

well my order got put on hold at first due to not enough stock to fill all the orders. I was assured over the phone that they would ship this out once they got more in stock. Today I got an email saying the order was cancelled. Apparently this item is not going to be sold anymore. Probably to make room for a newer model. Which sucks because I lost out on a deal I thought I had already got.

#48 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Have you still had issues with this? I just got my lapdock today and so far I haven't had any issues, save one: whenever I run the netflix app, upon exiting the app, the phone reboots... looked at the motorola forums and found others with the same issue... seems to only happen on the razr, not any other compatible phone for the lapdock.

#49 DeeMat

DeeMat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Been using my lapdock all day without any issues - battery is fine, sound is fine, no reboots whatsoever.

#50 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Anybody have any luck removing the apps 4 webtop from the app tray? Seems to be the only one that has no delete option when you right click it.

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#51 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Have you still had issues with this? I just got my lapdock today and so far I haven't had any issues, save one: whenever I run the netflix app, upon exiting the app, the phone reboots... looked at the motorola forums and found others with the same issue... seems to only happen on the razr, not any other compatible phone for the lapdock.

Now that my phone is back to clean stock and not rooted, all works great. I was on stock rom before but rooted and had a less than good experience. Now that I am not rooted and pure stock, no issues.

I am not saying that will be the same for others but for me it made a difference.

#52 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I am really regretting not jumping on this deal. Hopefully it happens again

My RAZR Bleeds Awesomeness!!!!

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#53 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Eclipse works with lapdocks, and so did arctic. None of the ICS ones do yet though.

do you happen to know of any common issues with any of the roms. I'm having issues with my audio with arctic and I wanna make sure it's not the rom before I send it back

#54 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

do you happen to know of any common issues with any of the roms. I'm having issues with my audio with arctic and I wanna make sure it's not the rom before I send it back

Honestly, if your phone it's anything but stock you should not just assume it is lapdock. If I were you, I would rate back to stock and see what happens. For me that fixed everything. Regardless of what others experience on custom roms, when we change our systems and mess with the phones to anything other than how they were designed to run, things like this will happen.

#55 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Now that my phone is back to clean stock and not rooted, all works great. I was on stock rom before but rooted and had a less than good experience. Now that I am not rooted and pure stock, no issues.

I am not saying that will be the same for others but for me it made a difference.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I noticed that my phone had been off the charger for less than two hours and I am down to like 40% battery. The weptop and dock have decided to run in the background again. I am pure stock, not rooted and I have not been on the lapdock since last night so they just decided to start running on their own. I never had this issue until I actually started using the lapdock so looks like it is a no-go for me. Going to be returning my lapdock.

#56 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Looks like I spoke too soon. I noticed that my phone had been off the charger for less than two hours and I am down to like 40% battery. The weptop and dock have decided to run in the background again. I am pure stock, not rooted and I have not been on the lapdock since last night so they just decided to start running on their own. I never had this issue until I actually started using the lapdock so looks like it is a no-go for me. Going to be returning my lapdock.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues with it running in the background... however I use taskxp for multitasking from the market (I know task killers are redundant, but I like the switcher it has built in) and after I undock when I open taskxp it shows web top, and I kill the process... just throwing that out there...

#57 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues with it running in the background... however I use taskxp for multitasking from the market (I know task killers are redundant, but I like the switcher it has built in) and after I undock when I open taskxp it shows web top, and I kill the process... just throwing that out there...

It is odd because last night after getting off the dock, I checked to make sure it stopped and it was not running in the background so I thought all was good. But apparently it decided to start up on its own after I went to sleep. Even when I did kill the process , it would just start back up again.

I am curious though, I have read others say that when they disconnect from the lapdock, they get a message that their session had ended and will be saved. But for me, I have never seen that message so my phone obviously is not recognizing it is disconnected.

#58 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Why return the lapdock when the problem is with the phone?

#59 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Why return the lapdock when the problem is with the phone?

That crossed my mind for a second but in the end I do not want to return a perfectly good phone with no other bugs our issues for a cln device that may have problems. Of the two devices, the phone is more important than the lapdock.

#60 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

That crossed my mind for a second but in the end I do not want to return a perfectly good phone with no other bugs our issues for a cln device that may have problems. Of the two devices, the phone is more important than the lapdock.

Your phone, your call. That just means you can't use any docks with your phone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users