• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I kicked my Razr back to stock and the speakers are now working. I would love to hear some other people chime in hear that are using the dock. I really don't wanna be stuck with the stock rom. Matt, you said you were going to use Arctic with this. Have you tried it without ubuntu?

#62 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

The lapdock does seem much snappier with the stock rom though

#63 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Your phone, your call. That just means you can't use any docks with your phone

Yeah but I have no use for any other docks but the lapdock. I still have a week to decide so I don't know yet if I will just keep it or not.

But yes, I agree the lapdock works much better on stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#64 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

I kicked my Razr back to stock and the speakers are now working. I would love to hear some other people chime in hear that are using the dock. I really don't wanna be stuck with the stock rom. Matt, you said you were going to use Arctic with this. Have you tried it without ubuntu?

I've been running eclipse with my dock... works really well only have 2 complaints:

1. Why the hell can't I delete the apps 4 webtop shortcut on the app tray? I opened it once just to see what it was, and I will NEVER open it again. You can delete any other shortcut (with the exception of Firefox and mobile view for obvious reasons).. ugh moto you are a thorn in my side sometimes!

2. Netflix runs absolutely beautifully on the lapdock, but when you exit the app the phone WILL reboot... after much Googling, found a Motorola support forum that many other users complain about the same thing. Others have verified that using any other compatible phone with the lapdock doesn't cause this to happen, only with the RAZR... I'm just hoping that our next update will address this issue...

Other than those 2 minor things, the lapdock works beautifully for me. I haven't tried running stock on it yet, mainly because I really love how well eclipse is running (not to mention I use the pull down toggles very regularly, so I would miss them way too much to go back to stock) I am definitely very happy to own this BA piece of hardware. :D

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#65 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've been running eclipse with my dock... works really well only have 2 complaints:

1. Why the hell can't I delete the apps 4 webtop shortcut on the app tray? I opened it once just to see what it was, and I will NEVER open it again. You can delete any other shortcut (with the exception of Firefox and mobile view for obvious reasons).. ugh moto you are a thorn in my side sometimes!

2. Netflix runs absolutely beautifully on the lapdock, but when you exit the app the phone WILL reboot... after much Googling, found a Motorola support forum that many other users complain about the same thing. Others have verified that using any other compatible phone with the lapdock doesn't cause this to happen, only with the RAZR... I'm just hoping that our next update will address this issue...

Other than those 2 minor things, the lapdock works beautifully for me. I haven't tried running stock on it yet, mainly because I really love how well eclipse is running (not to mention I use the pull down toggles very regularly, so I would miss them way too much to go back to stock) I am definitely very happy to own this BA piece of hardware.

Negative. Saying Netflix "will" cause a reboot is not accurate. I have used Netflix more than once and it has NEVER caused any issues or reboots. I understand there are a handful of those that do, but remember for every person who reports an issue, there are probably 10 others that do not have that issue and you will never hear about those users because there is nothing to say.

#66 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Negative. Saying Netflix "will" cause a reboot is not accurate. I have used Netflix more than once and it has NEVER caused any issues or reboots. I understand there are a handful of those that do, but remember for every person who reports an issue, there are probably 10 others that do not have that issue and you will never hear about those users because there is nothing to say.

Damn you are lucky then :P I wonder why it causes my phone to reboot on exit? I've tried it several times and every time is a reboot to my phone... how do you exit netflix... just curious maybe I'm going about it all wrong... do you hit the back button until exit or do you close the "tab"? I've tried both and either one causes a phone reboot for me.

#67 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

All you need to do is go into settings - applications and turn off the dock.

#68 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Damn you are lucky then I wonder why it causes my phone to reboot on exit? I've tried it several times and every time is a reboot to my phone... how do you exit netflix... just curious maybe I'm going about it all wrong... do you hit the back button until exit or do you close the "tab"? I've tried both and either one causes a phone reboot for me.

I wouldn't call my situation lucky. Netfkix works but my phone doesn't recognize that I disconnect from the dock so it keeps running in the background. :-( I think I would rather have it reboot.

While watching in full screen, of course, I hit esc to get out of that, then back button to get back to Netflix menu, then I close the tab.

#69 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I don't have any issues since going back to the stock from except for Netflix not connecting sometime when going to and from full screen. I just retry and it works

Sent from My CM9 Touchpad using Tapatalk

#70 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

I wouldn't call my situation lucky. Netfkix works but my phone doesn't recognize that I disconnect from the dock so it keeps running in the background. :-( I think I would rather have it reboot.

While watching in full screen, of course, I hit esc to get out of that, then back button to get back to Netflix menu, then I close the tab.

Damn... tried it your way, but no matter where in the netflix app I am, when I hit the back button I get a forced reset... even before I play a video if I hit the back button, it causes a reboot... I'm starting to get used to it now... I wonder what will happen if a call comes through in the middle of a movie? I will try that tomorrow and see what happens...Edit: I found a way to keep from a reboot :D if I pause the playback and close the lapdock lid it will not reboot, allowing me to exit the app on the phone itself, and open the lid back up to continue using the lapdock... seems a little more work than just hitting exit but it does work without rebooting every time for me :P

#71 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Damn... tried it your way, but no matter where in the netflix app I am, when I hit the back button I get a forced reset... even before I play a video if I hit the back button, it causes a reboot... I'm starting to get used to it now... I wonder what will happen if a call comes through in the middle of a movie? I will try that tomorrow and see what happens...Edit: I found a way to keep from a reboot :D if I pause the playback and close the lapdock lid it will not reboot, allowing me to exit the app on the phone itself, and open the lid back up to continue using the lapdock... seems a little more work than just hitting exit but it does work without rebooting every time for me :P

Interesting enough, I just got a call while using netflix on the lapdock, and the phone rebooted before I could answer. I'm still tweaking a bit with overclocking though, so that could be the cause of it. I was overclocked to 1325 at 62 vsel

#72 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

No word on mine yet....still waiting patiently .....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#73 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I hear a lot of people complain about the os system (or lack there of). Well your problem is solved with splashtop remote desktop. I have ran it on wifi and it runs great (after I did some rewiring and replacing of my modem and router to improve my connections on all devices). Works great! You are now on windows os or whatever you use. I love this thing. I just got done watching a baseball game on mlb.com with no problem.

#74 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

So guess what. The last three times I have tried to get out of netflix, my phone has rebooted.

#75 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I hear a lot of people complain about the os system (or lack there of). Well your problem is solved with splashtop remote desktop. I have ran it on wifi and it runs great (after I did some rewiring and replacing of my modem and router to improve my connections on all devices). Works great! You are now on windows os or whatever you use. I love this thing. I just got done watching a baseball game on mlb.com with no problem.

Holy crap! I never even thought about using splashtop! That's brilliant!

#76 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm typing this from splashtop and there are some issues with it as well. In landscape mode you cant access the address bar for crome. It doesn't look the best either.

#77 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I just tried watching a video with WMP in landcape at full screen and it was not very pleased with the results. The streaming was very choppy and I had to esc out of splashtop entirely to get out of it. That left the video playing on my PC afterwards.
It seems as though using splashtop in landscape doesn't allow you to see the entire screen. It cuts off much of the top portion of the screen. You can't use the one touch slide or multitouch gestures on the lapdock to scroll up like you can on the phone

#78 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

I just tried watching a video with WMP in landcape at full screen and it was not very pleased with the results. The streaming was very choppy and I had to esc out of splashtop entirely to get out of it. That left the video playing on my PC afterwards.
It seems as though using splashtop in landscape doesn't allow you to see the entire screen. It cuts off much of the top portion of the screen. You can't use the one touch slide or multitouch gestures on the lapdock to scroll up like you can on the phone

if u double tape the screen lightly then drag the second tap u can move the entire screen. i tried shutting down the lapdock then zooming out on phone but it would go back to not quite fitting the screen like u say.

#79 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

I am still waiting for my laptop last email from verizon said it will ship as soon as it arrives.... it's been over a week now...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#80 nsaechao

nsaechao

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

has anyone tried to use video chat? does it work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users