comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7pro, Pixelbook Go, Galaxy Watch 5pro

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:34 AM

I actually hope that Ren is held as the "bady".  Don over complicate the last movie of the saga.

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#222 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

It's IMO clearly been building to a Rey/Kylo final confrontation.  But I don't think it's going to end the way people think with Rey killing Kylo.  Ultimately Star Wars is about balance.  If you take the prequels it was about the Sith getting revenge against the Jedi.  The original trilogy was about the Jedi, um, well, returning.  Half assed returning, I'll grant you.  Thanks, Luke.  My theory has been that Kylo will ultimately be saved by Rey and they will both move closer to the center....that point just between the light and dark.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#223 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

So what you're saying is that you support Reylo

Pixel 7pro, Pixel 6pro, Pixel 6a, iPhone 13, Galaxy Tab A7lite, iPad pro 2020, Galaxy Watch 5pro

#224 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

No

• johnlgalt likes this

#225 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

So now that it's out on digital and UHD/blu-ray, has anyone been looking at the bonus material?  I went through some of it and I gotta say, I know why they cut it out, but, the funniest scene was Rey running to the village on Ach-to to save it form the marauders.  LMAO!  It was awesome.  I will say it looks stunning on blu-ray and I'm sure the UHD is even more amazing.  I bought the steel book collector's edition from Best Buy.  If you've not checked out the deleted scenes I recommend it!

• johnlgalt likes this

#226 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

Yeah that was pretty funny

• johnlgalt likes this

#227 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

Disney is really starting to piss me off.  I have the steel book Last Jedi 4K collector's edition, but, since I have a sweet 65" 3D plasma screen sitting here I wanted the 3D blu-ray, as well.  Yea, that has to be ordered from the UK because Disney screwed us on this release.  I'm getting very tired of this nonsense.

• johnlgalt likes this

#228 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

I seen TLJ this evening so now it is time to read up on the theories and where it might go from here.

I very much enjoyed watching it and look forward to the next few viewings as I read.

#229 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Given that it goes back to Abrams for this last one and the fact that Rian took it in a totally different direction than Abrams had envisioned, it's quite possible a lot of what was done in this one might be undone in the next one.  Couple that with the passing of Carrie, and we just don't know what's to come.  This thread is full of theories and possibilities but none of us really know for sure.  We know Rey has the books.  We know Rey has a broken lightsaber with what appears to be an in tact kyber crystal.  We now know where Kylo's PoS lightsaber came from.  (If you don't, look closer at his blue one that he used to defend/attack Luke.  Kylo corrupted that lightsaber's kyber crystal but because he sucks at just about everything he does, he cracked it in the process.  Therefore he had to modify the lightsaber heavily into what we now see which is highly unstable.)  We know that the most powerful "Jedi" in the galaxy at this point is in fact R2D2.  (It's one of my inside jokes....R2 has never had his memory erased, so, in the original trilogy of movies he really could have saved Luke a death star amount of time by telling him who his father was.  But noooooooooo, why bother doing that!)  Uhhh, anyway, where was I.  Oh yea, Supreme Moron Kylo.  Not a Sith.  Neither was Snoke.  The prevailing theory on Snoke is that he came from the Unknown Regions (where we believe Ezra and Thrawn were sent to at the end of Rebels...ok *I* believe that.  It's where Thrawn came from originally and would explain why the Emperor couldn't sense Ezra).  Again, it's a theory.  I still believe that the only way for it to end properly is for both Kylo and Rey to move to the center of the Force and strike balance.  Otherwise, Rey will have to kill Kylo and set up a whole new trilogy.  Ohhhhhh, right.  LMAO

• spainter likes this

#230 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:52 AM

What do y'all think about this?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

• SamuriHL likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#231 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:30 AM

What do y'all think about this?

Ummmmmm, woa.  Now I have to go rewatch that scene again.  That's nuts!  

#232 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

Let us know what you think. I haven't had a chance to watch it again yet

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• spainter likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#233 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

I haven't yet either but maybe this weekend.  I'm definitely curious.

• spainter likes this

#234 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Well son of a Rey!  I was just playing with some madvr settings and my UHD version of Last Jedi happened to be right at the scene where Snoke meets his end so I let it play through that whole scene.  It is a FACT that the second sword disappears from his hand mid-scene.  Like she's battling him and he's got both.  Just as he captures her arm it literally disappears from the screen like magic.  That's rather messed up!

• spainter likes this

#235 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

Yikes! That's no bueno

• spainter likes this

#236 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Yea it's whacked for sure!

• spainter likes this

#237 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

Ha
Posted Image

Sent from my Pixel XL

• LDubs and spainter like this

#238 comiskeybum

comiskeybum

Droid Oracle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,682 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend, IN

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Mara Jade is coming...........

• spainter likes this

#239 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

LMAO they are trolling the fans SO BAD with that "rumor".  It's not happening.

• spainter likes this

#240 sparky697

sparky697

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Twitter:sparky697

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Can't wait for this!