#101 JohnF

JohnF

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr XT912 running 4.1.2

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Greeny, I had the Dec 24 JB leak and side loaded the update to the OTA. My phone is stock. Update took about 10 minutes and went very smoothly. I didn't do an FDR, but I did clear the cache partition after the update.

#102 mydroidrazrmaxx

mydroidrazrmaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just tried restoring Aviator. Did not work.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I tried to install Fusion with no luck just bootloops no matter what slot I use.

#103 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

I tried to install Fusion with no luck just bootloops no matter what slot I use.

None of the current ROM's (except CM10.1 I think) work on the Soak (or Official) OTA from the other night. The choice would be use Matts ROM Flasher utility to flash back the Xmas eve kernel (.8) temporarily so you can use the current ROM's. When they get fixed, my guess is within the week, you can switch back to the Soak kernel (.16)

hth
  • mydroidrazrmaxx likes this

#104 mydroidrazrmaxx

mydroidrazrmaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

None of the current ROM's (except CM10.1 I think) work on the Soak (or Official) OTA from the other night. The choice would be use Matts ROM Flasher utility to flash back the Xmas eve kernel (.8) temporarily so you can use the current ROM's. When they get fixed, my guess is within the week, you can switch back to the Soak kernel (.16)

hth

I can keep it like this for now, Thanks, I was really loving Fusion JB Rom but I can wait... Not a big deal

Will it be told in this thread when Roms are able to be flash again and working or does each Devs Rom need to be worked on for it to work guess we dont know yet either way.

#105 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

hth

Not true...r3ds has his working great on the ota....:-)

#106 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

R3Ds jumped ship form this forum because he was caught kanging others work RED handed and refused to make good on it. Before we advertise a guy who utilizes these types of practices, we should probably find out WHERE he even got the ROM he's posting.

Just sayin'...
  • cmh714 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#107 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Only gripe I got is the alarms don't have a 'volume increase' option anymore. It was nice being eased into consciousness by alarms that built up from a whisper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#108 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

trying to be politically correct here, I conveniently left that out as Tucs stated.

#109 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

so if no one else has a working ROM on the OTA and he does how can he possibly be stealing it again?

just sayin..........................

#110 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

so if others get there ROMS to work on the OTA are you going to accuse them of stealing R3ds work? Since he was first to get one do you think they took a look at his ROM to fix there own?

just sayin'...............

#111 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

so if others get there ROMS to work on the OTA are you going to accuse them of stealing R3ds work? Since he was first to get one do you think they took a look at his ROM to fix there own?

just sayin'...............

Not even close to how things are or were chiahead...somewhat uncalled for....

#112 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I think Tucstwo's post was uncalled and flaming and breaking forum rules. If he does it so can I. Not very admin of him IMO.

#113 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

I think Tucstwo's post was uncalled and flaming and breaking forum rules. If he does it so can I. Not very admin of him IMO.

Tucs posted the truth admin or not. As far back as I can remember you always the center of controversy whenever there seems to be some.

vtc.png

#114 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Tucs posted the truth admin or not. As far back as I can remember you always the center of controversy whenever there seems to be some.

He posted what he thinks is the truth...not the actual truth..very different...also I hardly ever post anything so how can I be at the center of anything? I just speak up when I feel something is being said thats untrue. It seems like if you mods or admins dont like something you either edit the post to say what you want or not say what you dont like or all tag team and beat up the person who is disagreeing. Either way I can see you are all "buddies" and no matter what happens good or bad you will have each others backs. Even if one of you breaks your own rules. The facts are the facts.......I was simply correcting another post made that was untrue. I thought thats why we are hear is to provide facts and help for those that need it? I guess your motives might be different than that then. I have a feeling like this and the other posts will be removed anyways, so whatever. These posts honestly shouldnt be clogging up this thread anyways because its not the place for them.

#115 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

It's not flaming if the story is true. I stand by the hard working developers we have on this site and anybody who knowingly steals their work and calls it their own is not welcome. These weren't rumors. The staff here and several other developers were involved in the r3ds situation when it happened. R3ds chose to be excommunicated rather than just ask permission for the apks he took and give due credit. To me, that's even more of a weasel than just stealing in the first place. And that was the Second time r3ds got caught. Let's not forget about his first vacation 8 or so months ago when he was called on the carpet thr first time and got caught.

The dudes bad news, and he has no respect for our devs, our community and the people who care for it.

Just brining his name up should be against the rules, but that would be me just greatly exaggerating.

I'm sure he could have posted a rom based on the new ota. Guys have already posted deodexed versions of it,

Whatever, I'm done talking about him and this whole deal. I've already invested way too much energy on that guy to begin with. Hell I'm sure he's reading this now, he already got caught once making fake accounts to pedal his kangs I wouldn't be shocked if he had a new one.

Sent from my Droid DNA
  • dtomlin, usmcamgrimm and cmh714 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#116 dtomlin

dtomlin

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

It's not flaming if the story is true. I stand by the hard working developers we have on this site and anybody who knowingly steals their work and calls it their own is not welcome. These weren't rumors. The staff here and several other developers were involved in the r3ds situation when it happened. R3ds chose to be excommunicated rather than just ask permission for the apks he took and give due credit. To me, that's even more of a weasel than just stealing in the first place. And that was the Second time r3ds got caught. Let's not forget about his first vacation 8 or so months ago when he was called on the carpet thr first time and got caught.

The dudes bad news, and he has no respect for our devs, our community and the people who care for it.

Just brining his name up should be against the rules, but that would be me just greatly exaggerating.

I'm sure he could have posted a rom based on the new ota. Guys have already posted deodexed versions of it,

Whatever, I'm done talking about him and this whole deal. I've already invested way too much energy on that guy to begin with. Hell I'm sure he's reading this now, he already got caught once making fake accounts to pedal his kangs I wouldn't be shocked if he had a new one.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Dude....I was sweating when I got done reading that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  • tucstwo likes this

#117 jimd1050

jimd1050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Greeny, I had the Dec 24 JB leak and side loaded the update to the OTA. My phone is stock. Update took about 10 minutes and went very smoothly. I didn't do an FDR, but I did clear the cache partition after the update.

Ditto... no problems and no FDR! "Later last night" was a story for another day though (Thank you again Matt!)
Regards, Jim D

#118 misterbeauds

misterbeauds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

I used Matt's 1.82 utility to go back to stock, then I tried to booth into recovery, but I am stuck on the "dual core" splash screen after I select recovery. Any thoughts?

#119 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I used Matt's 1.82 utility to go back to stock, then I tried to booth into recovery, but I am stuck on the "dual core" splash screen after I select recovery. Any thoughts?

What were you on before you ran the utility?

#120 misterbeauds

misterbeauds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

What were you on before you ran the utility?

I was on Eclipse ICS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users