#121 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was on Eclipse ICS.

Ok, let me rephrase just so I'm clear. You never flashed the JB Chistmas leak right? You have been on ICS (6.16.211, 6.16.214 or 6.16.215) all along correct? Because had the Christmas leak been flashed, then that explains your problem.

So you're saying you CAN NOT get into stock recovery or AP Fastboot mode at this time at ALL?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#122 misterbeauds

misterbeauds

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Ok, let me rephrase just so I'm clear. You never flashed the JB Chistmas leak right? You have been on ICS (6.16.211, 6.16.214 or 6.16.215) all along correct? Because had the Christmas leak been flashed, then that explains your problem.

So you're saying you CAN NOT get into stock recovery or AP Fastboot mode at this time at ALL?

I got it sorted out, I charged my phone to 100%, then it let me into recovery. Thanks for the help.

#123 DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Twitter:AngryManMLS
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 2

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Soak test now the officially OTA starting this evening according to Moto.

#124 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Can't wait :)

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#125 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

cherryr......its probably a waste of time since all the devs here kiss each others rear end. Its sad because R3ds makes stuff thats flawless and everyone else has bugs and setup issues all over the place. Plus he gets his done before others even have a deodexed base to build on and he is still accused of stealing it. I think they are all just jealous. There are a few good people on here developing but the upper staff just hates him. He probably just didnt do what they wanted and they decided he was not good enough to be here. They could easily do the same to me just for posting this. Sometimes the power people get goes to there heads and they just cant handle thinking and acting fairly. They have to play a God complex cause they can. just sad.
  • longhornsguy07 likes this

#126 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

cherryr......its probably a waste of time since all the devs here kiss each others ass. Its sad because R3ds makes stuff thats flawless and everyone else has bugs and setup issues all over the place. Plus he gets his done before others even have a deodexed base to build on and he is still accused of stealing it. I think they are all just jealous. There are a few good people on here developing but the upper staff just hates him. He probably just didnt do what they wanted and they decided he was not good enough to be here. They could easily do the same to me just for posting this. Sometimes the power people get goes to there heads and they just cant handle thinking and acting fairly. They have to play a God complex cause they can. just sad.

For someone who is 100% ignorant to what happened with R3Ds here, you certainly have a strong opinion. You have no idea what he got caught doing. He was caught red handed man. I get it, your a fan boy. But that doesn't mean you're in the position to call everyone liars just because you don't believe what R3ds did. It happened. It was obvious. His rom had several jar files that were compiled by another developer, the MD5's matched. They had matching build dates. And HE ADMITTED IT. All he had to do was post in his OP "Thank you to xzy for my android.policy.jar and services.jar". He wouldn't do that. Refused. Felt he was entitled to use those guys work without credit because it is "open source", even though they had made the edits and compiled the jars themselves. There is a difference between stock AOSP and AOSP files that are modified and recompiled. We are talking to a guy who refers to himself as "Kang Kong". And he says he will continue this practice "borrowing open source" until Google themselves make their sources closed. People put TIME into their modifications and edits. They do it for themselves and they share it with us because they like it. It's not fair to ANYONE who plays fair because he feels entitled to use other peoples work based on a misconceived notion about what "open source" is.

And for the record, he was not banned from here. He asked for his account to be deleted. He's is not welcome back because this community does not welcome thieves.

Anyway, BACK on topic
  • satman80 and jayrod like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#127 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

It's not flaming if the story is true. I stand by the hard working developers we have on this site and anybody who knowingly steals their work and calls it their own is not welcome. These weren't rumors. The staff here and several other developers were involved in the r3ds situation when it happened. R3ds chose to be excommunicated rather than just ask permission for the apks he took and give due credit. To me, that's even more of a weasel than just stealing in the first place. And that was the Second time r3ds got caught. Let's not forget about his first vacation 8 or so months ago when he was called on the carpet thr first time and got caught.

The dudes bad news, and he has no respect for our devs, our community and the people who care for it.

Just brining his name up should be against the rules, but that would be me just greatly exaggerating.

I'm sure he could have posted a rom based on the new ota. Guys have already posted deodexed versions of it,

Whatever, I'm done talking about him and this whole deal. I've already invested way too much energy on that guy to begin with. Hell I'm sure he's reading this now, he already got caught once making fake accounts to pedal his kangs I wouldn't be shocked if he had a new one.

Sent from my Droid DNA

I was here and followed what happened in the past. While I do agree that he should give credit where credit is due, it is hard to deny the work he does. In the end, his roms are some of the best out there. I have tried most all the roms on here and in the end, I stayed on his roms because they worked the best for me. I personalize them for my own liking's but his is the base that I choose to build from since they work the best. The problem with you comment was your statement "we should probably find out WHERE he even got the ROM he's posting." He put his .16 version out back on the night of the 7th, or the early morning of the 8th. It had some bugs and he keep updating it and had the current stable version done by that night!

I know he isn't on this site and people can go find him if they want to. I am not condoning his actions of using peoples work without giving credit but as I said, you can't deny how good his roms are. It is also obvious that he knows what he is doing by being the first one to put out a .16 rom and as I said, put out several versions through out the day and have the stable working version by that night. Some of the roms here are buggy for a long time and sometimes never get all the bugs worked out of them. That isn't being said to put down those devs, just to point out the fact that he isn't just coping other peoples work and putting his name on it. He knows what he is doing and puts things in his roms that I haven't seen anywhere else.

I will end it by saying that if a comment isn't going to include a dev from another site, then I would suggest that it just be phrased something like "Non of the roms on this site are compatible with the soak JB version instead of just saying there are NO roms that are compatible. I have seen it said here a few times that there wasn't a .16 rom out yet and I have mentioned that R3DS had his out. I am not a fan boy and don't even have a login on his message board, I just search for and use the best rom I can find. It happens to be his since I jumped to JB back in December.

#128 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

I was here and followed what happened in the past. While I do agree that he should give credit where credit is due, it is hard to deny the work he does. In the end, his roms are some of the best out there. I have tried most all the roms on here and in the end, I stayed on his roms because they worked the best for me. I personalize them for my own liking's but his is the base that I choose to build from since they work the best. The problem with you comment was your .......

While I do respect your opinion and see where you are coming from with this, I think you're missing the point. Chiahead52 is entitled to his opinions, also, but, as so often happens in life, it wasn't his message, it was his delivery. There are ways of expressing your opinions and there are ways to simply egg people on (see: troll). How you expressed your opinions was awesome, clear, concise and respectful. His was not. "I think they're just jealous" is a prime example of that. If you can't express your opinions in a manner that isn't belittling and condescending, then keep them to yourself. If you can present a concise, reasonable and dignified post expressing your opinion, then we welcome it.

This site is a community and family, we don't belittle or berate people because we think differently, in fact it's what makes this site so diverse and strong. We respect people's opinions but will jump in if we feel someone is being hostile or shortsighted towards another.

Again, your opinion was wonderful and I really respect how you phrased things and supported it with examples.
  • Memnoch73, usmcamgrimm and cmh714 like this

Posted Image

#129 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

OH man, the plot thickens...

On, March th (4:00pm), a member (mhous33), posted (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) a link to his thread of his deodexed system/app and system/framework that he had created. He later pulled his files out of frustration of members not flashing it and not knowing what it was for. I still have the thread in our trash can if anyone needs proof of it's existance. Anyway, before he pulled the files. I downloaded his deodexed base.

R3Ds posted his "rom" a few hours later. But ONCE again, he didnt give credit for using his deodexer. I know this because they have the classes.dex files in both R3ds ROM and mhous33's deodex base were created at the same day, date, hour, minute and second. I suppose there is a CRAZY chance that R3ds and mhous33 started and completed deodexing the ota at the EXACT SAME SECOND. But I find that highly unlikely. Now, considering this would now be the 3rd time (that I know of) that r3ds used someone elses base (and without credit). I think I'm comfortable saying now that the reason he had his rom out so quickly was because he stole mhous33's base (and didnt credit him).

Feel free to download it and r3ds rom "W.K.Y.A", use 7zip, pick ANY system app or framework jar and look at the build time for the classes.dex files. They BOTH say March 7th between 14:41-14:45 for Framework and 11:03pm-11:04pm fpr Apps

Case closed. Dudes still a scam.
  • vtwinbmx, usmcamgrimm, Maxxaholic and 2 others like this

#130 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

OH man, the plot thickens...

On, March th (4:00pm), a member (mhous33), posted (

) a link to his thread of his deodexed system/app and system/framework that he had created. He later pulled his files out of frustration of members not flashing it and not knowing what it was for. I still have the thread in our trash can if anyone needs proof of it's existance. Anyway, before he pulled the files. I downloaded his deodexed base.

R3Ds posted his "rom" a few hours later. But ONCE again, he didnt give credit for using his deodexer. I know this because they have the classes.dex files in both R3ds ROM and mhous33's deodex base were created at the same day, date, hour, minute and second. I suppose there is a CRAZY chance that R3ds and mhous33 started and completed deodexing the ota at the EXACT SAME SECOND. But I find that highly unlikely. Now, considering this would now be the 3rd time (that I know of) that r3ds used someone elses base (and without credit). I think I'm comfortable saying now that the reason he had his rom out so quickly was because he stole mhous33's base (and didnt credit him).

Feel free to download it and r3ds rom "W.K.Y.A", use 7zip, pick ANY system app or framework jar and look at the build time for the classes.dex files. They BOTH say March 7th between 14:41-14:45 for Framework and 11:03pm-11:04pm fpr Apps

Case closed. Dudes still a scam.

I will run MD5 sums on all this but I know there no need to KING KANG is back
  • tucstwo and cmh714 like this

vtc.png

#131 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

I will run MD5 sums on all this but I know there no need to KING KANG is back

I would think the build dates, and times are enough but why not?

#132 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Wow what a great read ! The thing is R3D takes things and dont give credit. He claims its open source, in a way everything is. This all depends on what your personal opinion is on the whole situation. I just know I was raised to always thank someone or ask before I use something as well. I guess he wasn't raised like that or maybe I'm the crazy one? O well, lets all agree to disagree and just laugh it off. In the end we know who was in the right.
  • Thach, vtwinbmx, satman80 and 1 other like this

#133 Rinkle McBally

Rinkle McBally

Perv McGert

• Developer
  • 860 posts
  • Twitter:Rinkle_McBally
  • Google+:RinkleMcBally22@gmail.com
  • LocationForest Lake MN
  • Current Device(s):S3 D2vzw, Galaxy Tab 2

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'll tell you who is right..... And it isn't my pal r3ds
  • vtwinbmx, satman80, zooyork0721 and 1 other like this

rink2_zps72b73afa.png

**** If you want a signature, wallpaper or avatar done feel free to hit me up send me a pm ****

#134 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Wow what a great read ! The thing is R3D takes things and dont give credit. He claims its open source, in a way everything is. This all depends on what your personal opinion is on the whole situation. I just know I was raised to always thank someone or ask before I use something as well. I guess he wasn't raised like that or maybe I'm the crazy one? O well, lets all agree to disagree and just laugh it off. In the end we know who was in the right.

You are correct in saying in the end we all know who was right........I was......the snausberries do taste like snausberries. I have been trying to tell you this all along.
  • tucstwo, satman80, rickw and 1 other like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#135 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Thanks rinkle you always get me to laugh :D :wub:

vtc.png

#136 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

You are correct in saying in the end we all know who was right........I was......the snausberries do taste like snausberries. I have been trying to tell you this all along.

Licking the wallpaper lately? Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#137 johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarianist

• Superuser
  • 7,296 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/JohnLGalt
  • Location3rd Rock
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 4 XL 128 GB

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Here's a good read.

Forget running MD5s on individual files. Here is a diff comparison of the two files mentioned above in tuctwo's post.

Summary: 38 different files and 191 identical files, and 1680 added files.

(File is a .ZIP of a .CSV file which shows the differences and similarities. The files only in the ROM are the rest of the system files necessary to make it a full ROM and theme-related stuff. )

Enjoy.

Attached Files

• Attached File  diff.zip   14.12KB   4 downloads

• vtwinbmx likes this

#138 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Well, there's your proof! :)

Posted Image

#139 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Here's a good read.

Forget running MD5s on individual files. Here is a diff comparison of the two files mentioned above in tuctwo's post.

Summary: 38 different files and 191 identical files, and 1680 added files.

(File is a .ZIP of a .CSV file which shows the differences and similarities. The files only in the ROM are the rest of the system files necessary to make it a full ROM and theme-related stuff. )

Enjoy.

Thanks for this,

Case closed time to move on If people use his theamed rom's from other developers that fine with us just don't post it here and say how amazing his work is

vtc.png

#140 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Now that this thread is INSANELY derailed AND we are no longer soaking, the OTA is being pushed in groups. Moving this puppy to the Lounge for those who still want to follow along.
  • Aixelsyd, vtwinbmx, satman80 and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users