#21 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Ok I have gotten as far as installed the Leaked update. Now when I try to boot into recovery I get as far as the Droid Bot laying down but when I push the both the volume buttons it never goes beyond that to choose the update from Leak to soak. Any ideas?

It can be very touchy. I usually hold both down for about 5 seconds then release and press again rapidly. Sometimes it just doesnt want to go, in which case, I just keep pressing both buttons at different intervals until it takes. Keep an eye out on the screen because if you start spamming those buttons and the menu comes up and you keep pressing them it can take you back to just dead andy. :)
  • ksu1971 likes this

Posted Image

#22 ksu1971

ksu1971

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

It can be very touchy. I usually hold both down for about 5 seconds then release and press again rapidly. Sometimes it just doesnt want to go, in which case, I just keep pressing both buttons at different intervals until it takes. Keep an eye out on the screen because if you start spamming those buttons and the menu comes up and you keep pressing them it can take you back to just dead andy. :)

thanks. I finally got it to work.

#23 badjedi

badjedi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I protected root with Voodoo, I've installed the update from the sd card and it finished. When it rebooted, nothing happened after the Motorola symbol appears. What would cause this, a bad download of the OTA? I can get into recovery. (I am on the Xmas leak and did download the correct version)

#24 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

I've done all this, but still seem unable to to select the update. I highlight it.. press the power button to select it... and it transfers me to .../ if I press the power button again, it brings me back to the main menu with no change.
What am I missing here? I feel like such a n00b right now. Posted Image
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#25 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

You're sure its on your external sd and is NOT unzipped?

Posted Image

#26 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

You're sure its on your external sd and is NOT unzipped?

yup

#27 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

And you hit "Apply update from external storage" then select the file? Might be a bad download or you may have the wrong file. It also could be a bad sd card and youll need to reformat it. (That happened to me yesterday, couldnt for the life of me figure out what was wrong, turns out my sd card had to be reformatted)

Can you give me more information? What Version are you on now? Have you fully removed safestrap, etc? What is the filename of the file youre trying to flash?

Just need to know so i can point you in the right direction. :)

Posted Image

#28 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

And you hit "Apply update from external storage" then select the file? Might be a bad download or you may have the wrong file. It also could be a bad sd card and youll need to reformat it. (That happened to me yesterday, couldnt for the life of me figure out what was wrong, turns out my sd card had to be reformatted)

Can you give me more information? What Version are you on now? Have you fully removed safestrap, etc? What is the filename of the file youre trying to flash?

Just need to know so i can point you in the right direction. :)

Currently on stock 4.0.4 ICS. Unrooted. Downloaded from the link of the official OTA ICS (up top: Section 3, first link). Download is set on SD.
When in recovery (dead Andy pictured), I selected "apply update from external storage"...then select:"Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verison/ (which I'm guessing is the JB update)... I then get this : "../" the basic dos . When selected again, I get sent back to the menu list again.
Any idea as to what's the issue?

#29 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Currently on stock 4.0.4 ICS. Unrooted. Downloaded from the link of the official OTA ICS (up top: Section 3, first link). Download is set on SD.
When in recovery (dead Andy pictured), I selected "apply update from external storage"...then select:"Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verison/ (which I'm guessing is the JB update)... I then get this : "../" the basic dos . When selected again, I get sent back to the menu list again.

Check the

MD5 Sum:

0ecd6f6f907dd708ccd746910ce3e3ad
Also Check File Size,

Size:

338.83 MB (355286067 bytes)

Make sure the file is a .zip file do not expand file, if you downloaded from IE sometimes it changes the file name.. If you have to name it update.zip. right click on file and make sure it doesnt say something like.zip.txt or anything crazy

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#30 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Also when it boots are you positive you don't have SafeStrap installed? Do you have enough space? Wipe Cache etc, Factory reset if you have to in settings/security wipe cards also, then reboot 2 times, and double check if file is on the SD Card.. And try again

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#31 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Maybe a bad download. Id try it with a new one. If that doesnt work, I recommend using Matt's 1.90 utility. It can take care of all of that for you.

Posted Image

#32 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I am wondering if it is downloading to your internal SD and not your EXT-SD(removable). I believe trying to install from internal has caused issues in the past

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#33 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Doesnt recovery automatically default you to /sd-ext/ though? I did it yesterday and it definitely started me off on my external.

Posted Image

#34 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Check the

MD5 Sum:

0ecd6f6f907dd708ccd746910ce3e3ad
Also Check File Size,

Size:

338.83 MB (355286067 bytes)

Make sure the file is a .zip file do not expand file, if you downloaded from IE sometimes it changes the file name.. If you have to name it update.zip. right click on file and make sure it doesnt say something like.zip.txt or anything crazy

Everything is up to par. I'm going to rename the file and see if that helps.

#35 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Doesnt recovery automatically default you to /sd-ext/ though? I did it yesterday and it definitely started me off on my external.

As far as I know it does.

#36 cmorty72

cmorty72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Well renaming didn't work.
Going to format my sd and see how that goes.

#37 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

Ok, keep us posted.

Posted Image

#38 mikebarr99

mikebarr99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction... I am on the Xmas JellyBean Leak and when trying to apply the update Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip I get an error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop"....

Installation aborted.

Not sure what is wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks

#39 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I had similar issues, I had to use Matts 1.82 tool to go back to Christmas JB leak, then after I finished that I went thru with the Matts newest tool 1.9, and also used the re-root in the 9.1 tool and everything worked. You need to make sure you do not have anything from safestrap still on the phone even the folders need to go. I also removed my Titanium Folder too.
  • mikebarr99 likes this

#40 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction... I am on the Xmas JellyBean Leak and when trying to apply the update Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip I get an error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop"....

Installation aborted.

Not sure what is wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks

I had that same issue, read my post above.
  • mikebarr99 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users