#41 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Added Note: Note: as of 3-8-2013 so far for JB ROMS you can use this method (complements of Matt)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mattlgroff and mikebarr99 like this

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#42 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

I had similar issues, I had to use Matts 1.82 tool to go back to Christmas JB leak, then after I finished that I went thru with the Matts newest tool 1.9, and also used the re-root in the 9.1 tool and everything worked. You need to make sure you do not have anything from safestrap still on the phone even the folders need to go. I also removed my Titanium Folder too.

Do You mean Matt's JBUnbrick tool???

Posted Image

#43 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Notes: Added

Installation aborted."??

Try

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

for (JB Xmas OTA Only)
Then Try and apply Update (6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US) & Or use Matt's 1.9 tool option 1
Credits Renegade & aktrazer for testing this

Posted Image

#44 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Do You mean Matt's JBUnbrick tool???

Yes I did use that too, and I think I ended up doing/using it twice. I just kept at it. I still think a good part of it working is you have to get ride of all of the Safe Strap, and any Backup stuff too. Don't worry about loosing Root, Matts tool in 1.9 will take care of that.
  • satman80 likes this

#45 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yes I did use that too, and I think I ended up doing/using it twice. I just kept at it. I still think a good part of it working is you have to get ride of all of the Safe Strap, and any Backup stuff too. Don't worry about loosing Root, Matts tool in 1.9 will take care of that.

Right, that's WHY I put in BOLD that safe-strap must be unloaded/uninstalled etc.. otherwise oops :)

Posted Image

#46 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Well that or, they debloated way toooo much with that evil Program Titanium Backup.. If that happens, you need to fastboot because the update looks for missing stuff..

Posted Image

#47 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well after wiping everything clean and down loading/installing yet again, everything finally went through! Thanks everyone for your help. Now I need to get back to being rooted (unfortunately my current Razr is a second refab. Just sent the previous back to Asurion due to the CPU going all screwy, And my original suffered a shattering experience on the freeway). Posted Image
  • satman80 likes this
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#48 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well after wiping everything clean and down loading/installing yet again, everything finally went through! Thanks everyone for your help. Now I need to get back to being rooted (unfortunately my current Razr is a second refab. Just sent the previous back to Asurion due to the CPU going all screwy, And my original suffered a shattering experience on the freeway). Posted Image

You can re-root with Matts 1.9 tool if you haven't already done it.

#49 sporttster

sporttster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my Razr Maxx and attempting to update to JB from stock ICS. Using the stock ICS update file, I attempted to boot into recovery, load update which was in the root on the SD ext card. It gets to 'checking system' and then pops up with 'assert failed: apply_patch_check ("system/bin/logwrapper", " string of numbers/letters,etc'
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Here is what I've done so far..... did a complete factory reset, wiped data/cache twice,maybe three times now. Took everything off of ext SD card, wiped that and reset it from the phone, reloaded ONLY the update zip on it, and THEN went to recovery, load zip from sd, it gets to the very same spot and does the same crap above. There's nothing on the fricking internal OR external now, what gives? WHY is this thing still showing this error when I've gone all the way to factory reset???? Help!

#50 droid4life

droid4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID Razr XT912, Samsung Nexus 10, ASUS Nexus 7 all with CM 10.1

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Im downloading this file now, can't wait to have the newest update and run cm10.1 with a working camera. Thanks a lot Matt, your work is truly appreciated here.

Edit: Man thanks a miilion brother, this thing is a beast. I succesfully installed the update and I kept my root and I am installing a custom rom right now. Thanks for making my phone bad rear end.

Edited by droid4life, 09 March 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#51 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Quick question guys. I was on the Christmas leak and was getting the assert error when trying to install the leak to OTA. I ran Matt's unbrick utility and then tried to install the leak to OTA again and got another error. Now when I try to boot into fastboot it shows the Motorola logo but then goes black and I can get nowhere. I tried to run Matt's 1.90 and to try option 1 but it just says "waiting for device". ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated -

#52 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my Razr Maxx and attempting to update to JB from stock ICS. Using the stock ICS update file, I attempted to boot into recovery, load update which was in the root on the SD ext card. It gets to 'checking system' and then pops up with 'assert failed: apply_patch_check ("system/bin/logwrapper", " string of numbers/letters,etc'
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Here is what I've done so far..... did a complete factory reset, wiped data/cache twice,maybe three times now. Took everything off of ext SD card, wiped that and reset it from the phone, reloaded ONLY the update zip on it, and THEN went to recovery, load zip from sd, it gets to the very same spot and does the same crap above. There's nothing on the fricking internal OR external now, what gives? WHY is this thing still showing this error when I've gone all the way to factory reset???? Help!

First off I am no expert on these things in any way, with that said this is what I did because I had similar problems with mine:
Stop using the factory restore
Make sure you do not have anything left on the phone with Safe Strap that would include the folders on the phone too
Use Matt's 1.82 to flash back to the Christmas Leak ICS to JB (read the screens and follow what it says to do)
When ever possible clear you Cache, you can even do it twice just to make sure it is done.
Once you have the Christmas Leak loaded, and you have reset up your Gmail account on the phone, and only do the minimum to get the phone to a working state.
After it is working, reboot the phone at least twice, and Clear the Cache again too.
Now use Matt's 1.9 tool, and do what you have to, to load/flash the leak from Christmas to the latest JB to get you to the end.
If you can not find the tools that I have said, then PM me and I will point you where to find them.
Make sure you have the latest Windows Drivers, they are also inside Matt's 1.9 tool

Please come back and let me know if this works

Edit - Dont worry about Root, the 1.9 tool works 100% to give you root back, just follow what its says to do.

#53 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

Quick question guys. I was on the Christmas leak and was getting the assert error when trying to install the leak to OTA. I ran Matt's unbrick utility and then tried to install the leak to OTA again and got another error. Now when I try to boot into fastboot it shows the Motorola logo but then goes black and I can get nowhere. I tried to run Matt's 1.90 and to try option 1 but it just says "waiting for device". ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated -

OK, I did have this same problem yesterday and I fixed mine. Again, I state I am no expert and there are a lot of people on here that know a lot more then i do.
Make sure you have a full charged phone
With the state your phone is in right now, it is on, walk into a dark room or cover the phone up, and you will see that the screen is still on, but can only bee seen in the dark.
So do this --
Hold the power button, within maybe 15 seconds or less the phone will flicker just a little, watch for it.
Once it does this, quickly hold the Power, Volume up and down buttons, (all 3 of them together)
This should get you to the menu where you can get into FastBoot.
Get the unbrick Tool and use it, I had to use the tool twice on mine
Now read my post above this one, and you should be good to go
Take your time have patients with it, if you fail, start over cuz you might have missed something.

If this or the above is not clear, ask. I will be around for a little while.

Edit - Dont worry about Root, the 1.9 tool works 100% to give you root back, just follow what its says to do.

#54 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

OK, I did have this same problem yesterday and I fixed mine. Again, I state I am no expert and there are a lot of people on here that know a lot more then i do.
Make sure you have a full charged phone
With the state your phone is in right now, it is on, walk into a dark room or cover the phone up, and you will see that the screen is still on, but can only bee seen in the dark.
So do this --
Hold the power button, within maybe 15 seconds or less the phone will flicker just a little, watch for it.
Once it does this, quickly hold the Power, Volume up and down buttons, (all 3 of them together)
This should get you to the menu where you can get into FastBoot.
Get the unbrick Tool and use it, I had to use the tool twice on mine
Now read my post above this one, and you should be good to go
Take your time have patients with it, if you fail, start over cuz you might have missed something.

If this or the above is not clear, ask. I will be around for a little while.

Thank you Renegade. I have it charging now so I'm going to give it a little bit and go through your steps
  • Renegade likes this

#55 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Also, I am not sure if this helps or not, but I did not have the USB cable plugged into the phone if I didn't need it, and when I went to Fast Boot, I didn't plug the USB cable in until I was into Fast Boot.

Again, make sure you do not have anything from Safe Strap on the phone, I think this one reason it fails. I also had files from Titanium backup on my phone, I removed those too. I also did not have anything with VooDoo Root keeper on the phone either. Matt's Tool will install VooDoo Root keeper and the new Super User too

#56 ksu1971

ksu1971

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Also, I am not sure if this helps or not, but I did not have the USB cable plugged into the phone if I didn't need it, and when I went to Fast Boot, I didn't plug the USB cable in until I was into Fast Boot.

I am no expert but from my experience yesterday when it would not install I had the phone plugged in to a USB cable to my computer. Once I unplugged the phone from the cable it went through just fine. I don't understand it but its what worked for me

#57 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Again, make sure you do not have anything from Safe Strap on the phone, I think this one reason it fails. I also had files from Titanium backup on my phone, I removed those too. I also did not have anything with VooDoo Root keeper on the phone either. Matt's Tool will install VooDoo Root keeper and the new Super User too

It's still not installing. After running the unbrick utility, should the phone boot into JB?

#58 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

It's still not installing. After running the unbrick utility, should the phone boot into JB?

Which one of Matts tools are you using, 1.82 or 1.9??? And this is after you run the un brick tool too?

#59 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

I am no expert but from my experience yesterday when it would not install I had the phone plugged in to a USB cable to my computer. Once I unplugged the phone from the cable it went through just fine. I don't understand it but its what worked for me

This might be worth mentioning to more people having issues too then??

#60 bjoestanley

bjoestanley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Which one of Matts tools are you using, 1.82 or 1.9??? And this is after you run the un brick tool too?

I ran the unbrick tool an then ran 1.9

But I see that I need to run 1.82 before 1.9...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users