#122 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Having trouble with utility 1.82 I was able to get the phone into AP Fastboot and I ran option 1 following the instructions given. When I power down and try to reboot it gives me a boot failure:

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data

Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0x0056)

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Am I going to have to do a sbf flash on this?
I can boot into the boot mode menu, but Normal powerup, recovery give me the boot failure

#123 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Having trouble with utility 1.82 I was able to get the phone into AP Fastboot and I ran option 1 following the instructions given. When I power down and try to reboot it gives me a boot failure:

I can boot into the boot mode menu, but Normal powerup, recovery give me the boot failure

Are you sure youre using the right utility? What phone do you have? This is for Razr and MAXX xt912 cdma running ICS

#124 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

I would use this page to help you, and it sounds like you may need to use the Un-Brick tool.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#125 zerosouls

zerosouls

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Just wanted to chime in that this worked like a charm. Just follow the instructions as stated and bam.

#126 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

One other tip, Clear Your Cache when ever you can and every time you are able to do so during the process.

#127 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I would use this page to help you, and it sounds like you may need to use the Un-Brick tool.

I was running ICS 4.0.4 with Simplex Rom. I have the RAZR (original) from VZW. I think I was using the wrong file to try to flash. I believe I have the right one now, but my battery is dead. How do I get it charged back up so I can flash??

0a.74
I'm using RSD lite v5.7 with file VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_CFC.xml.zip
I had a different file that I tried, think it was for GB. Now I think I just need to refresh my battery and this flash should work.

#128 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I was running ICS 4.0.4 with Simplex Rom. I have the RAZR (original) from VZW. I think I was using the wrong file to try to flash. I believe I have the right one now, but my battery is dead. How do I get it charged back up so I can flash??

0a.74
I'm using RSD lite v5.7 with file VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_CFC.xml.zip
I had a different file that I tried, think it was for GB. Now I think I just need to refresh my battery and this flash should work.

I got the battery charged up and flashed with rsd lite. failed in step 17/21 cdrom. what else can I try??

#129 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

I got the battery charged up and flashed with rsd lite. failed in step 17/21 cdrom. what else can I try??

Utility 1.90 gave me recovery, but my razr wouldnt boot up. gave me the moto logo and then a black screen. It was on but nothing was happening.

#130 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Utility 1.90 gave me recovery, but my razr wouldnt boot up. gave me the moto logo and then a black screen. It was on but nothing was happening.

You have Soft Bricked your Phone. Use the Unbrick tool.
As you said you can tell the phone is still on Right???
Well Hold the Power Button and the +volume button to have it turn off.
Watch for the screen to flicker just a little
then very quickly hold both volume keys and then hold the power Button. (all 3 buttons)
This will get you back into Fast Boot.

This works, I know because I have had the same issue.
If it does not work the first time you try it then do it again, you just have not hit the buttons at the right time.

Edit - One thing I have heard some people have just gone into Fast Boot and cleared the Cache and the phone booted.

#131 sq4myvw

sq4myvw

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

You have Soft Bricked your Phone. Use the Unbrick tool.
As you said you can tell the phone is still on Right???
Well Hold the Power Button and the +volume button to have it turn off.
Watch for the screen to flicker just a little
then very quickly hold both volume keys and then hold the power Button. (all 3 buttons)
This will get you back into Fast Boot.

This works, I know because I have had the same issue.
If it does not work the first time you try it then do it again, you just have not hit the buttons at the right time.

Edit - One thing I have heard some people have just gone into Fast Boot and cleared the Cache and the phone booted.

Renegade,
Thanks for the help. I got it to boot up early this morning and was jumping for joy. The only thing that seemed to work for me was Utility 1.90. Since it gave me the recovery back I used it again, but instead of flashing with the ICS leak that came with it I used Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and got my phone up and running with JB. The ICS leak put me in a boot loop but this worked.
  • Renegade likes this

#132 rml596

rml596

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

So if I want to update from the xmax leak it will not factory reset my phone?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#133 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

So if I want to update from the xmax leak it will not factory reset my phone?

You can use the Utility

. You can use option 2 and not wipe data. This has be shown to work however no guarantees so if you run into issue you will need to wipe.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#134 kimmperkins

kimmperkins

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I was updating from the Xmas leak to the JB OTA. I followed the instructions in the 1.90 utility, I booted into recovery, chose "apply update from external storage" chose the update (Blur_Version.98.72.8.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip), and got this:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.build.fingerprint") ==motorola/xt912_verizon/cdma_spyder:4.1.2/9.8.20-72_VZW-
8/26:user/release=keys"11 file-getprop("/system/build.prop".ro.build.fingerprint")=="motorola/XT912_verizon/cdma_spyder:4.1.2/
installation aborted.

I started rooting my phone when I got my Droid X, but I have never seen a message like this one. What did I do wrong?

#135 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

GSM carrier can be used on ICS , how about on JB..?

Please stop posting the same thing all over the place.....

#136 MrJohnnySpot

MrJohnnySpot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Quick Q (Hopefully): I'm currently on 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US (4.04) but I'm running Arctic Beta ROM on top of it.  Do I need to flash back to a true stock state or can I flash over the top since i'm already on 4.04?

#137 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Quick Q (Hopefully): I'm currently on 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US (4.04) but I'm running Arctic Beta ROM on top of it.  Do I need to flash back to a true stock state or can I flash over the top since i'm already on 4.04?

If your question is can you flash JB over the top of what you have now, then yes as long as you do it using Matts JB Utility since it appears you have a Razr or Maxx.

See this link:

• possnfiffer likes this

#138 rml596

rml596

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

He is asking if he has to revert to his stock ROM before updating or if he can stay on his custom and use the utility.

#139 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

He is asking if he has to revert to his stock ROM before updating or if he can stay on his custom and use the utility.

uh, thanks for your translation, but my response is still the answer. He just needs Matts utility and he can flash away.

#140 lorilucille9

lorilucille9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

You are correct the Utility will wipe it all for you,

Was curious about something and would like to know if you guys know... If I format the internal/external (SD Card) storage of my XT912 and then run option #1 of Matt's utility will that mean that the whole phone got formatted and reinstalled with the JB operating system? Would it be like I never touched it out of the factory box or does the utility just install certain files over the exisiting files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users