Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

If you are still on ICS: do a fresh install of ICS via Matt's 1.82 Utility. Root and protect. Then go to Matt's 1.90 Utility and do the ICS to Christmas update. Boot confirm root via VooDoo OTA root keeper. Then do the Christmas to OTA update. Restore root with VooDoo. One last step: SQLite editor to disable WiFi feather check.

Happy Happy Happy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What is "WiFi feather check"

#82 mydroidrazrmaxx

mydroidrazrmaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the help now the ??? is I am pretty sure I am on the stock JB now it is installed on the stock slot thanks to matt but now I cant get a custom rom to install on any other slot why that issue is happening I have no idea so I am out of luck putting a custom rom on any slot I have tried all of them not enless I am doing something wrong.

This is what I do

I go into safestrap make a rom slot at 2g
then install the rom from my SD card wait for it to finish then it says installed so I hit reboot then wait till it goes to the safestrap screen it then tries to boot after a few seconds kinda makes a screen flicker then bam back to bootlooping every slot has done this I dont remember having this issue before. any ideas anyone

Forget question I found out that custom Roms will not work with the new soak as of yet....

#83 reflex99

reflex99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have an interesting scenario.

I was/am on the JB xmas leak.

For some reason (don't remember why) I made Chrome/Google Music into non-system apps, and uninstalled them.

Now when the recovery tries to "verify current system" i get an error that says something along the lines of "assert failed: apply_patch_ckeck("/system/app/Music2.apk". "MD5 sum looking thing here", "another MD5 sum thing here")

(replace "music2.apk" with something like BrowserWithChrome.apk for the other error it gives)

and obviously from there the installation aborts.

I re-installed Music/Chrome, and turned them into system apps, but since they are not using the same funky apk names (and MD5 sums im guessing), the update still fails in the same manner.

I'm guessing that I need to completely wipe and reinstall the ROM fresh.

What would be the easiest way to fix this issue?

#84 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

I have an interesting scenario.

I was/am on the JB xmas leak.

For some reason (don't remember why) I made Chrome/Google Music into non-system apps, and uninstalled them.

Now when the recovery tries to "verify current system" i get an error that says something along the lines of "assert failed: apply_patch_ckeck("/system/app/Music2.apk". "MD5 sum looking thing here", "another MD5 sum thing here")

(replace "music2.apk" with something like BrowserWithChrome.apk for the other error it gives)

and obviously from there the installation aborts.

I re-installed Music/Chrome, and turned them into system apps, but since they are not using the same funky apk names (and MD5 sums im guessing), the update still fails in the same manner.

I'm guessing that I need to completely wipe and reinstall the ROM fresh.

What would be the easiest way to fix this issue?

Or just take the apks straight from the Xmas eve leak and put them back on your phone as system apps. Then you only have to mess with 2 files as opposed to messing with a ROM or fastbooting or anything like that.

#85 Emanm

Emanm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Does anyone know if the Wifi Tether app works on the update?

#86 Emanm

Emanm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Scratch that last question.... Wifi tether works on the JB update. I am using it right now

#87 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

fyi, was getting the above error 7, I don't remember what the detail was above it. Wiping cache in recovery, not ss worked for me

#88 reflex99

reflex99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Or just take the apks straight from the Xmas eve leak and put them back on your phone as system apps. Then you only have to mess with 2 files as opposed to messing with a ROM or fastbooting or anything like that.

tried taking the .apk's directly from the xmas leak and installing them, giving me the same error when trying to apply the new JB soak.

Any ideas here?

#89 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

tried taking the .apk's directly from the xmas leak and installing them, giving me the same error when trying to apply the new JB soak.

Any ideas here?

Reflashing the update is about the only thing you can do then unfortunately.
  • reflex99 likes this

#90 reflex99

reflex99

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Reflashing the update is about the only thing you can do then unfortunately.

ok, so do I just select the xmas leak in the stock recovery, or what is the best way to do this?

#91 riggsdaruler

riggsdaruler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:riggsdaruler
  • Google+:riggsdaruler
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

i have no idea whats going wrong. i downloaded the leak to ota official. i am on the x mas leak. i uninstalled recovery for ss3.11 im on stock rooted now. placed the zip (38.27mb) on sd card. went into stock recovery. applied update from external storage. it gets up to verifying and then aborts. are there any other links that i can try? or is there a step that im missing? factory reset? data wipe?

#92 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

i have no idea whats going wrong. i downloaded the leak to ota official. i am on the x mas leak. i uninstalled recovery for ss3.11 im on stock rooted now. placed the zip (38.27mb) on sd card. went into stock recovery. applied update from external storage. it gets up to verifying and then aborts. are there any other links that i can try? or is there a step that im missing? factory reset? data wipe?

Why does it abort? Giving as much detail as possible is they way to get the best assistance.

#93 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Right, that's WHY I put in BOLD that safe-strap must be unloaded/uninstalled etc.. otherwise oops :)

What can I do if I forgot to uninstall safestrap?
Thank you.

#94 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Thank you.

reboot install same version safe strap then uninstall safestrap, all depends what point your at right now.. can you boot, etc?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#95 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

Thank you.

Hi Satman,

Can I run the Unbrick Utility then Matt's 1.9? Will that work?
Please help.
Thank you.

#96 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Hi Satman,

Can I run the Unbrick Utility then Matt's 1.9? Will that work?
Please help.
Thank you.

What were you on before?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#97 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

reboot install same version safe strap then uninstall safestrap, all depends what point your at right now.. can you boot, etc?

Unfortunately, I already ran Matt's 1.9 Utiltity, option 1 and now I can't boot.
Thank you.

#98 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

What were you on before?

I was on the X'mas leak.

#99 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Unfortunately, I already ran Matt's 1.9 Utiltity, option 1 and now I can't boot.
Thank you.

Go into recovery and install the JB soak. If you get a cache error. Wipe cache and re-install soak

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#100 hd0120

hd0120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Go into recovery and install the JB soak. If you get a cache error. Wipe cache and re-install soak

Thanks a lot. It appears that after I wipe cache, it starts installing the update.
Thanks again.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users