• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 jonhern

jonhern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

has anyone tried this hack at xda? It says all gingerbread roms, wondering if anyone has tried on stock .173.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Over a the hive someone posted a zip for that, they said it worked for them. And someone tried it on ICS without any problems.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#3 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'll test it right now ;)

Flashed in Bootstrap, waiting on first boot

Booted fine, testing with some Chevelle

Sounds good over the speaker. Seems cleaner but could always just be preconditioning. Off to find my headphones I normally listen through.

General sound is a bit better, but the bass seems to be vastly improved. I give it a thumbs up!

#4 jonhern

jonhern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'll test it right now ;)

Flashed in Bootstrap, waiting on first boot

Booted fine, testing with some Chevelle

Sounds good over the speaker. Seems cleaner but could always just be preconditioning. Off to find my headphones I normally listen through.

General sound is a bit better, but the bass seems to be vastly improved. I give it a thumbs up!

Thanks, found the original thread and he had already tested it on a razr, he will be releasing an update today he says, will give it a try too at that time.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

This is awesome. Cant wait to flash

#6 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

not too good comments coming from supercurio on this one and he is a badass when it comes to sound-at least on Samsung stuff

#7 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well if you guys have tried it and can confirm it works..here goes everything....
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#8 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Next time i'm in a Verizon store...I'd like to see what the rep will say when he sees my insanely awesome apple slicing razr with ICS AND beats audio.... boooyaaa
  • ogrekane313 likes this

#9 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I wish I would have done some sound sampling to compare the before and after, because I can't help but have this nagging feeling that the placebo effect is doing half the enhancing for me. If nothing else, it has introduce no issues that I have noticed however.

#10 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Are you guys wiping anything on install?

#11 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Next time i'm in a Verizon store...I'd like to see what the rep will say when he sees my insanely awesome apple slicing razr with ICS AND beats audio.... boooyaaa

He'll say, "there goes your warranty" :P

I'll do some before and after sampling tonight, and I'll run it through my studio to see if there's any difference in the spectrum.

No one cares where this was sent from

:-D :-D

#12 Ballbagus

Ballbagus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

The fact that supercurio was skeptical leads me to think its more of a placebo, having used his work in the past.

#13 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

I flashed yesterday on my Eclipse ROM and can notice a difference to a degree while streaming Pandora in my car. I wouldn't say it is anything earth shatter crazy of better sound but you can tell the Bass is much more crisp at least and has better depth to it.

#14 Th3H0ff

Th3H0ff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:th3H0ff
  • Google+:andrewlieser

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

I maybe completely wrong... but I thought the significance of the beats software was only realized when using the beats headphones??? The only thing I have to back that statement up is my experience with my touch pad which came with beats audio. When I listened to any music through my regular ear buds I really noticed no difference at all but after buying some beats headphone the sound really came to life! Though that could have just been because the headphones were that much better than my buds....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#15 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have noticed a slight change in my music output. I don't have to raise the volume as much as I used to. Sounds a little crisper and the sound seems to be more amplified. I guess it did something..cool cool

#16 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Ugh, I sampled before and afters but forgot to analyze them. What I'm going to do is post them up here (did it with a couple different music styles) blind and see if you guys can guess which is which.

As soon as I get home from work I'll throw them up.
  • jonhern likes this

:-D :-D

#17 honeydesean

honeydesean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

I flashed this last week and it definitely made a difference. Not a HUGE difference, but like other people said, bass seems tighter and vocals/mids sound clearer.

I flashed it immediately after flashing a ROM on safestrap so I can't speak to the need to wipe before flashing the .zip. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to wipe cache and dalvik though.
RAZR Maxx - Two steps forward (Maxx>>>Droid1) and one step back (My bootloader! What have they done to you!?!)

#18 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Can I get some step by step instructions for a noob? Lol

#19 POQbum

POQbum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NEIN
  • Google+:NEIN NEIN NEIN

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Guys what version of this did you flash? I tried to flash this 2 days ago and it just came up with an error..

#20 jonhern

jonhern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Guys what version of this did you flash? I tried to flash this 2 days ago and it just came up with an error..

i tired the newest one and it would not flash, kept getting status 0 error in CWM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users