• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Works great as I followed the instructions. BUT will a reinstalled safestrap work with JB?

#62 charletonsmith

charletonsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

thanks to all who have walked those of us less astute through the steps. I am having a problem I cannot seem to find an answer to.

XT912
Razr Maxx rooted with safestrap installed
no ROMS simply wanted root for TI Backup
Nothing frozen.

I go to settings -->about phone--> system updates --> and touch.

I get a message "System Updates is not available without a motorola service account. Would you like to set one up?

Color me confused. So I make sure nothing is frozen, uninstall safestrap, temp unroot with VooDoo OTA, soft reset phone and try again.

Same message so I think ok I'll set one up. Not so much. It times out at the server. I try a couple more times and same result. I thik I am becomeing the poster child for the "definition of insanity".

So I am completely confused.

Any advice is very welcome. I don't want to have to factory reset but will if I need to. Thanks in advance for any step by step help.

#63 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

thanks to all who have walked those of us less astute through the steps. I am having a problem I cannot seem to find an answer to.

XT912
Razr Maxx rooted with safestrap installed
no ROMS simply wanted root for TI Backup
Nothing frozen.

I go to settings -->about phone--> system updates --> and touch.

I get a message "System Updates is not available without a motorola service account. Would you like to set one up?

Color me confused. So I make sure nothing is frozen, uninstall safestrap, temp unroot with VooDoo OTA, soft reset phone and try again.

Same message so I think ok I'll set one up. Not so much. It times out at the server. I try a couple more times and same result. I thik I am becomeing the poster child for the "definition of insanity".

So I am completely confused.

Any advice is very welcome. I don't want to have to factory reset but will if I need to. Thanks in advance for any step by step help.

I have never seen that before. I'm thinking you are going to have to factory reset. Sorry. Uninstall safestrap from within the app first. If that doesn't work we'll get you a Utility to fastboot back to stock

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#64 jleming

jleming

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:jleming
  • Google+:jimmy leming
  • LocationMatthews, NC
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Updated this morning. All went well. JB is butter smooth and lightening fast! So far so good. I just need to get all the nuances down...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#65 charletonsmith

charletonsmith

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I have never seen that before. I'm thinking you are going to have to factory reset. Sorry. Uninstall safestrap from within the app first. If that doesn't work we'll get you a Utility to fastboot back to stock

thanks memnoch. Looks like I will have to do a data wipe. I did a little more searching and was able to find this issue. The only answer was a data wipe...*sigh*.

thanks again much appreciated.
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#66 smdrgrcr

smdrgrcr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Use Matt's utility 1.90:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

This will roll you back and allow you to flash the update, just follow the directions exactly. :D

NOTE: Make sure you have the JB file on your SD card BEFORE you run this.

Followed directions exactly and my phone is now completely unresponsive. Ran option 1 in AP Fastboot. Utility did its thing for a few minutes and then returned to the startup screen. Phone hasn't turned on since and is now registering as a CD drive with MotoCast files. Can't even boot into recovery. Help!

#67 smdrgrcr

smdrgrcr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Followed directions exactly and my phone is now completely unresponsive. Ran option 1 in AP Fastboot. Utility did its thing for a few minutes and then returned to the startup screen. Phone hasn't turned on since and is now registering as a CD drive with MotoCast files. Can't even boot into recovery. Help!

Was able to get into Recovery and restart the Utility. Seems to be working this time. Will try not to freak out again :)

#68 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Update again .....is only 38mb is this just a service update ....the number ends with .16

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

welcome to the conversation of this site the last two weeks......

#69 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I was a bit p*ssed at Moto..
Got a mail from them, telling me to apply - Answered all questions in the application positively - Got the message I would 'most likely' receive a JB test update
... and never heard of them again -..-

they wouldn't say you'll "most likely" get anything. You put your name in a hat that's all. This was my second soak test and neither time did I get told "most likely". It doesn't matter anyway the file was on here same morning.....

#70 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Works great as I followed the instructions. BUT will a reinstalled safestrap work with JB?

if you read any of the several threads going you'll see it works for most people.

#71 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Safestrap 3.11 would not start up won't run.

#72 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Safestrap 3.11 would not start up won't run.

What does it say? Is it a force close?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX Limited Edition using Xparent BlueTapatalk

Posted Image

#73 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I may have a wrong version I have Safestrap-RAZR-D4-BIO-3.11.apk but I have a razr that may be the problem.

#74 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I may have a wrong version I have Safestrap-RAZR-D4-BIO-3.11.apk but I have a razr that may be the problem.

That's the right one.

Posted Image

#75 tailland

tailland

German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

they wouldn't say you'll "most likely" get anything. You put your name in a hat that's all. This was my second soak test and neither time did I get told "most likely". It doesn't matter anyway the file was on here same morning.....

Mhm, actually they did... Ah wait, I got the original mail here

We are inviting owners of the Motorola RAZR and RAZR Maxx in Austria, Germany and Switzerland to participate in an early preview of the new Jelly Bean software release, and provide feedback...
Click this link (...) -- to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. Testing the software will include providing feedback in a private community and responding to a survey. The enrollment survey will provide additional details.

After filling out the questionaire, they did write in a way that I could expect my participation in the JB test to be a sure thing, instructed me on several details of the testing + feedback process, showed me around some areas of the feedback section in the moto forums etc.pp...

Therefor I think I had a reasonable expectation to hear from them again. Seems they thought otherwise.

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#76 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Mhm, actually they did... Ah wait, I got the original mail here

After filling out the questionaire, they did write in a way that I could expect my participation in the JB test to be a sure thing, instructed me on several details of the testing + feedback process, showed me around some areas of the feedback section in the moto forums etc.pp...

Therefor I think I had a reasonable expectation to hear from them again. Seems they thought otherwise.

Yeah, still you may or may not get picked. They had an incredibly high volume of people for this one. No doubt that some didn't get picked. Not like it mattered, we have the soak files up the morning they were pushed. :)

Posted Image

#77 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

My wife's unrooted stock maxx got the update :)

Sent from my Motorola Galaxy s3 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#78 mikepahl318

mikepahl318

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Can you OTA upgrade to this from the leaked JB, and keep root using Voodoo?

#79 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

Can you OTA upgrade to this from the leaked JB, and keep root using Voodoo?

Sure can. I'm not sure if the files going from ICS to the OTA and from the Xmas leak to the OTA are the same file name or not. But I went from the leak to the OTA and retained root with voodoo. Make sure you are stock, nothing froze with TB, and you should be good.
My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#80 mikepahl318

mikepahl318

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Sure can. I'm not sure if the files going from ICS to the OTA and from the Xmas leak to the OTA are the same file name or not. But I went from the leak to the OTA and retained root with voodoo. Make sure you are stock, nothing froze with TB, and you should be good.
My opinions/views provided free of charge courtesy of Tapatalk on my Nexus 7 or Moto RAZR.

anyone know if the xmas leak and the official OTA the exact same?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users