Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#121 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Deleted

#122 cliffnelson

cliffnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Matt made this simple hook up your phone to your PC , make sure you back up your SD card, choose option 1 reboot, then root then safestrap. Reboot find a ROM compatible that'll work with it profit not all roms work with it yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I understand that I have to extract the zip file first and installed all the required drivers and then open and hit option one and go into AP Fastboot and run that but as for re rooting and reinstalling Safestrap is where im a little stuck I think i still have the safestrap app on my sd card so do i just reflash that?As for rooting again is that included in this Utility or do i have to go back to the Root utility and do that.

#123 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I understand that I have to extract the zip file first and installed all the required drivers and then open and hit option one and go into AP Fastboot and run that but as for re rooting and reinstalling Safestrap is where im a little stuck I think i still have the safestrap app on my sd card so do i just reflash that?As for rooting again is that included in this Utility or do i have to go back to the Root utility and do that.

Option 1 or 2 will flash the JB Fastboot files, Option 3 will root you, Option 4 installs SS. So run Option 1, then 3 to root, then you can install SS thru the utility or from your SD if you prefer.

#124 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Option 1 or 2 will flash the JB Fastboot files, Option 3 will root you, Option 4 installs SS. So run Option 1, then 3 to root, then you can install SS thru the utility or from your SD if you prefer.

But I think option 3 rooting needs to run with phone booted normal so he can change the settings in Smart Actions

#125 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

But I think option 3 rooting needs to run with phone booted normal so he can change the settings in Smart Actions

Yes in order to root, phone is in normal mode. I didnt have to do anything with smartactions using Matts tool. Just do everything in order.

#126 cliffnelson

cliffnelson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Ok so from what im trying to understand, I can plug my phone in and run option 1 ( Phone Off ), after that is completed i can run option 3 with phone ON in normal mode??? After that, I can run option 4 to install SS? DO i need to uninstall the SS3.11 that is on my sd card now?

#127 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Option 1 is phone in fastboot. Option 3 is phone normal, usb debugging enabled and phone NOT in Mass Storage mode so select MTP.

You can use the utility to install SS or just install the one from your sdcard.

#128 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yes in order to root, phone is in normal mode. I didnt have to do anything with smartactions using Matts tool. Just do everything in order.

Really, when I ran option 3 it rebooted my phone a few times then it asked me to run smart actions then click get started then hit battery saver then save then it said hit any key on the keyboard when ready then rebooted my phone a few times then I was rooted.

#129 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Really, when I ran option 3 it rebooted my phone a few times then it asked me to run smart actions then click get started then hit battery saver then save then it said hit any key on the keyboard when ready then rebooted my phone a few times then I was rooted.

I misunderstood your earlier post.....I thought you meant that the Smartactions update would need to be removed....Yes youre correct on enabling Battery Saver.

Sorry for any confusion.

#130 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

I misunderstood your earlier post.....I thought you meant that the Smartactions update would need to be removed....Yes youre correct on enabling Battery Saver.

Sorry for any confusion.

That's cool I just thought maybe I didn't have to run that. Just for curiosity are you running stock or are you running stock with a custom ROM if so which custom ROM are you running that is compatible with this stock.

#131 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

That's cool I just thought maybe I didn't have to run that. Just for curiosity are you running stock or are you running stock with a custom ROM if so which custom ROM are you running that is compatible with this stock.

I normally have been using Aviator, trying Flying Jelly as well. Also Rage, Cyclone, and a couple of others have been updated already.

#132 ksenter

ksenter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

So a few days after upgrading I've noticed I no longer get 4g. It keeps switching back to 3g. Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind, I think it's ok now... I'd tried rebooting, airplane off/on, popping the sim card out and wiping it off and popping it back, running a restore connectivity app (from LG since the one from motorola wouldn't install) and nothing had worked, for some of them it would sometimes get on 4g for a minute and then switch back to 3g. But one of the things I did must have worked because I powered it off and waited a minute and powered it backup after doing some of those things and it's been on 4g for a couple of hours now. So I guess it's fixed.

#133 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I normally have been using Aviator, trying Flying Jelly as well. Also Rage, Cyclone, and a couple of others have been updated already.

May I ask which one you find stable never heard of Rage and Cyclone. Thanks for your time

#134 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I havent used Rage, and havent been on Cyclone since it was the .8 kernel.

Both Aviator and Flying Jelly are stable overall for me. All of the ROM's this first week or so will be working out the bugs so they will get better.

#135 Globulinus

Globulinus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Read full topic, still couple quick Q for gurus:

Have: Stock 4.0.4 Maxx, rooted, no SS, OTA Vodoo installed.
OTA install via phone failing for unknown reason..
Was forwarded to this topic to try update via Matt U.

Q:
What to do with Vodoo prior to applying Utility?
1. Leave Vodoo, temp unroot phone.
2. Leave Vodoo, keep phone rooted.
3. Uninstall Vodoo completely.

Q2:
Superuser 3.1.3 app?
1. Uninstall.
2. Leave as it is.

Q3:
Smart actions 3.1.5.2 appl? I never use it, have no rules set up.
1. Uninstall it.
2. Do nothing, just leave it as is.
3. Uninstall updates.

As far as I understood I need to: option 1-->reboot--->option 3--->option 4(in case I will decide to install custom ROM later)--> celebrate and donate couple beers :)
BTW: AP Fastboot mode - how to get into it?

Thanks A Lot!!
Just trying to be as safe as possible since don't have another phone handy and job depends on phone calls.. ;)

#136 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Don't worry about any of the questions. The Utility will wipe all that and start you fresh...

To get to fastboot mode:

Turn off your phone.

Press and hold the following buttons at the same time until the screen turns on
1) volume down
2) volume up
3) power

Press Volume down until you reach the AP fastboot in the list
Press Volume up to select
  • Globulinus and cmh714 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#137 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Read full topic, still couple quick Q for gurus:

Have: Stock 4.0.4 Maxx, rooted, no SS, OTA Vodoo installed.
OTA install via phone failing for unknown reason..
Was forwarded to this topic to try update via Matt U.

Q:
What to do with Vodoo prior to applying Utility?
1. Leave Vodoo, temp unroot phone.
2. Leave Vodoo, keep phone rooted.
3. Uninstall Vodoo completely.

Q2:
Superuser 3.1.3 app?
1. Uninstall.
2. Leave as it is.

Q3:
Smart actions 3.1.5.2 appl? I never use it, have no rules set up.
1. Uninstall it.
2. Do nothing, just leave it as is.
3. Uninstall updates.

As far as I understood I need to: option 1-->reboot--->option 3--->option 4(in case I will decide to install custom ROM later)--> celebrate and donate couple beers :)
BTW: AP Fastboot mode - how to get into it?

Thanks A Lot!!
Just trying to be as safe as possible since don't have another phone handy and job depends on phone calls.. ;)

So, all of the questions are irrelevant as Option 1 will pretty much wipe your phone clean and flash it up to JB. So just do Option 1 for that and the do Option 3 for root and 4 if you want SS for Custom ROM's as you stated.

Fastboot: power off, then hold both vol buttons and press power should get the white menu. From there, the vol down button scrolls, and the vol up button Selects. Choose Fastboot, and go....
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#138 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

So, all of the questions are irrelevant as Option 1 will pretty much wipe your phone clean and flash it up to JB. So just do Option 1 for that and the do Option 3 for root and 4 if you want SS for Custom ROM's as you stated.

Fastboot: power off, then hold both vol buttons and press power should get the white menu. From there, the vol down button scrolls, and the vol up button Selects. Choose Fastboot, and go....

Haha... ninja'd :ph34r:
  • Globulinus and cmh714 like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#139 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Haha... ninja'd :ph34r:

You are faster! :)
  • Globulinus and Memnoch73 like this

#140 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

You are faster! :)

We need a pop-up that says: "A Mod is already typing in this thread. Are you sure you want to continue saying the same thing?"
  • cmh714 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users