Photo

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

• Please log in to reply
585 replies to this topic

#81 deejay1111

deejay1111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am getting an error when trying to use option 3 to root. (error: more than one device and emulator) I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this but have been unsuccessful. This being something I have not seen anyone else mention I am sure I have something on my end messed up on my computer or my phone. Option 1 worked perfect. Went through setup, deleted data to smart actions, put phone in usb debugging and mtp mode, keep getting the same error before and after setting up smart actions. Tried restarting computer, reran option 1, factory resets, and tried ptp and mass storage modes. Hoping someone can spark an idea for me to figure this out. Thanks

Edit: Figured it out finally ha. At one time I had installed Bluestacks on my computer out of curiosity. When I deleted it from my computer there was apparently another part of it remaining that associated all apk files to bluestacks program. Once I found and deleted the other part of bluestacks the associations went away and the utility worked as good as it has in the past. Instead of deleting this, figured I would leave here in case anyone else might have the same issue. Thanks Matt for always keeping the Razr significant.
  • nibaldojr likes this

#82 zoxxo

zoxxo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I just ran Matt's DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin utility on my XT912 choosing option 2 (no data wipe). I followed up with RAZR Blade and I still can't get root. It still fails in phase 3, and now I get an error in phase 4 saying it can't copy supersu. Will it make a difference if I choose option 1 and wipe data? At this point I'm almost ready to give up and accept the fact I can't get get root on my phone...

#83 kaylasnider

kaylasnider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

followup to previous! sorry guys, Is it best to use the motorola programming cable adapter for anytype of flashing when in bootloop and no way to check actually batter percentage? Thanks so much!

Kayla

#84 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

I just ran Matt's DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin utility on my XT912 choosing option 2 (no data wipe). I followed up with RAZR Blade and I still can't get root. It still fails in phase 3, and now I get an error in phase 4 saying it can't copy supersu. Will it make a difference if I choose option 1 and wipe data? At this point I'm almost ready to give up and accept the fact I can't get get root on my phone...

Uh YES it makes a difference if you wipe it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#85 zoxxo

zoxxo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Matt, I was confused with the option for data wipe thinking that it was going to wipe the contents of my internal memory and my sdcard. I've just finished running your utility and now I understand that by data, you mean the internal system data that the OS uses for phone configuration. As soon as the Play store restores all 192 of my apps, then I'll be attempting to restore root to my phone...

Thanks!

#86 jayryan84

jayryan84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCentral NJ

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Thank you very much! This package is very nice and I finally was able to get on the latest/newest build for my Droid. For anyone that does not know what Fastboot AP mode is, just shut your phone off, then hold POWER+VOLUME UP+VOLUME DOWN=Select Fastboot AP mode. I completely forgot about shutting the phone off to get into this boot screen. Thanks a lot again, this OS seems incredibly smooth and I am liking it!

#87 wallratt

wallratt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Once again another fine release, Thank you. Came from holiday leak, I had no problems, perfect install, flashing a rom now, thanks again.

#88 RHChan84

RHChan84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter:rchan84
  • LocationMedford, Ma

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks Matt for this.
For anyone with trouble with this here is what I did
-Download the utility
-Install Moto drivers
-Reboot PC
-Turn on USB debugging and plug in my phone and choose MTP mode
-Option 1 and let it install

For Root
-Unplug USB and reboot PC and PHone
-I didn't have to do this but unstall updates on Smart Actions. SA on mine was the older version 4.2.2.4.2 but you might have to if you are not on this
-Cleared Data and force stop
-Option 3
-FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
-Profit!!!
  • ninetf9 likes this
Droid RAZR MAXX (JB/Rooted)

#89 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thank you Matt. Worked great fast booting, rooting, and installing safe strap. Phone is better now and smoother. Kudos my friend.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#90 zacw4328

zacw4328

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

I am on rooted ICS 4.0.4. If I download this to my computer and do selection 2, will my apps and such remain on my phone? Sorry I am noob at this.. I haven't experimented with my phone very much.
I just don't want to lose my apps, contacts, etc.

#91 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am on rooted ICS 4.0.4. If I download this to my computer and do selection 2, will my apps and such remain on my phone? Sorry I am noob at this.. I haven't experimented with my phone very much.
I just don't want to lose my apps, contacts, etc.

Not sure if that's been tested yet. I know you can do option 1 with the data wipe and it will work. I would say back up your apps and try option 2. Worst case is it won't work and you will need to do option 1. If you have success please report back so we know.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#92 zacw4328

zacw4328

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Not sure if that's been tested yet. I know you can do option 1 with the data wipe and it will work. I would say back up your apps and try option 2. Worst case is it won't work and you will need to do option 1. If you have success please report back so we know.

Alright I will test it out when I get home(in about 2 hrs) and post my results.

#93 Thwip

Thwip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Can anyone tell me how long option 1 typically takes to complete? I've had it sitting at "writing 'system'" for ~1 hour.

#94 spazmeister

spazmeister

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

From my experience 1 hour is too long. I've had it take 5-15 minutes depending on the mood my phone is in.

#95 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yeah. 1 hour is way too long.

#96 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

The whole process should take a few minutes. Break out and run the utility again.

#97 Thwip

Thwip

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Wow, thanks for the rapid replies! I rebooted Windows and retried but Fastboot is now showing low battery. I'll charge and retry later...

#98 xCorps

xCorps

Team RAGE Dark Apprentice (Developer Apprentice)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:Dev_Team_Rage
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Charge, Motorola Photon, HTC Incredible, Motorola Xoom, Galaxy Tab 7"

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thank you, Sir! I greatly appreciate your Development, and I have successfully Fastboot'ed Official JellyBean using Option 1, I have successfully Root'ed using Option 3, and I have successfully installed SafeStrap using Option 4. I completed each option in the order listed.

Thanks!

teamragesigsxcorps.png

#99 zacw4328

zacw4328

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

I just installed the files, applied selection 2 to my phone, everything went good! When it was updating to JB, there was only thing that FAILED, that was clearing cache. It said, in parenthesis, "such a file does not exist". But everything else went great, rebooted and installed just fine. All of my apps are still on my phone also! Including titaniom backup, voodoo, rom manager, cpu sleeper, super user, and cachemate. So this is great that i don't have to re-install everything! Now to re-root!

#100 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I just installed the files, applied selection 2 to my phone, everything went good! When it was updating to JB, there was only thing that FAILED, that was clearing cache. It said, in parenthesis, "such a file does not exist". But everything else went great, rebooted and installed just fine. All of my apps are still on my phone also! Including titaniom backup, voodoo, rom manager, cpu sleeper, super user, and cachemate. So this is great that i don't have to re-install everything! Now to re-root!

Good to know. Thanks for info. Glad you got it going.
  • zacw4328 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users