• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#81 tdomonte

tdomonte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

tdomonte, possibly not in this thread but we have previously had a laugh about how the system will let us run at any claimed speeds we want, however exceeding a ceiling (I can't remember what it was) causes the system to functionally clock down to a reduced state. Even though it runs in a lower state, it continues to report the elevated rates. This points to it being a kernel or hardware limit rather than a software limit that can be circumvented easily. The GPU is similarly restricted, with only a few valid values, all others defaulting to running at the lowest state. So in essence, you are both correct in different ways. The system will REPORT any speed you give it, but it will not run at those levels. Even receiving a top quality chip will more than likely give no additional benefit due to it seeming to be a limit placed, not a limit found.

As to being a moderator... Moderator on a forum just means you are trusted to lock threads and delete spam. Making any assumption beyond that without knowing the individual is a bit risky at times.

all good points I guess (-_-) reluctance

#82 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

all good points I guess ( -_-) reluctance

Hah! I got you to make a second post.

#83 tdomonte

tdomonte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hah! I got you to make a second post.

haha well in my defense, I deleted my facebook the other day and needa get my fix somehow :unsure: i'v been lost

#84 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

heheh kind of a good analogy, but when Nascar engines use restrictor plates, it's restricting air flow thus definitely reducing power and LIMITING top speed. Seeing how the benchmark is more than half of stock's performance, I would use the analogy of "Limp mode" = Limp mode is when something goes wrong with a car's engine and the car's ECU will not allow the engine to REV above say 3000 rpm when it normally can go to 7000 rpm

Actually Limp Mode refers to transmission issues and the transmission cuts power so the transmission is usually stuck in 3rd gear and usually has reverse. Chrysler penned the term for their transmissions and it caught on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#85 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Actually Limp Mode refers to transmission issues and the transmission cuts power so the transmission is usually stuck in 3rd gear and usually has reverse. Chrysler penned the term for their transmissions and it caught on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea where the term came from dude. But there's no argument that with nearly every car make out there, LIMP MODE refers to the fact that the ecu will limit the engine speed if it detects a reason to, and sure probably automatic transmissions from shifting.

#86 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Anyone running 2ghz or higher on a 1.2 ghz processor would be producing more than 24c or 28c of heat... way more lol
  • etrorteepe likes this

#87 theinvader

theinvader

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image
  • etrorteepe likes this

#88 STiK

STiK