#41 jiwengang

jiwengang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

I am not sure the number is right.
Other best test is to calculate something and count how many seconds it take. I can use a app to load a view saying it is 80ghz . Not saying it is cheating but how creditble this reading is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  • jimyv likes this

#42 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I am not sure the number is right.
Other best test is to calculate something and count how many seconds it take. I can use a app to load a view saying it is 80ghz . Not saying it is cheating but how creditble this reading is?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

as i have said alot of time already any time any one wont to see it live i can show you benching and everything from my cam yet no 1 want to ??

#43 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Just make a youtube video and post it here. That should help?

#44 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

What does it do on stock volts?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

#45 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

hmm... so.. a friend of a friend of a friend told me... That moto is the one who does not want their bootloaders unlocked. it has nothing to do with vzw ie Nexlame, and the thunderbolt. he also said that the reason is because the bionic and Drazr are the core platforms and completely under powered.. automobile companies do the same - the nissan VQ35 comes in the mini van, mid-sedan, full-dedan, truck, suv, and sports cars.. they all have different horsepower generally upgradeable via a computer hack, or add ons.

I see this very possible.

Wow wtf are you talking about? Now we're comparing Nissan engines to the Razr's magical 4.0ghz cpu!

#46 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

as i have said alot of time already any time any one wont to see it live i can show you benching and everything from my cam yet no 1 want to ??

Why not tell us how you did it, you have been asked how already. The fact that you're only willing to show an app with your CPU speed, tells me there is something wrong here. I have been under the impression that the Android community is built on knowledge exchange...

Benching doesn't mean a thing. If you have dev knowledge, you could easily create a dummy app to claim you're at 4. Just saying. To kill our doubts, post a video on YouTube that shows you downloading apps to OC and bench from the market.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk
  • ddemlong likes this

#47 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Why not tell us how you did it, you have been asked how already. The fact that you're only willing to show an app with your CPU speed, tells me there is something wrong here. I have been under the impression that the Android community is built on knowledge exchange...

Benching doesn't mean a thing. If you have dev knowledge, you could easily create a dummy app to claim you're at 4. Just saying. To kill our doubts, post a video on YouTube that shows you downloading apps to OC and bench from the market.

i dont nohow many times i have offered to show people live i dont want to waste time to make a youtube for people to say "video editing" i would rather show people live in like google hang out so there will be no reason to dought

#48 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm sorry, but if he thinks that he can make a post claiming to OC his phone to 4000mhz without anyone wanting to know how he got there then he is confused.
If you don't want to share, then do just that, don't share.
As for proof, who really cares if he doesn't want to show others what to do.
Basically, this thread is BS and should just be locked.
A forum is a great place to share things, not to try to convince people to leave it and go to "google hangout" to see what could be shown here.
I'm actually surprised to see all of this coming from a moderator of the site.
  • tyrthas likes this

#49 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I agree, locking this thread is a good idea.

• jimyv likes this

#50 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I'm sorry, but if he thinks that he can make a post claiming to OC his phone to 4000mhz without anyone wanting to know how he got there then he is confused.
A forum is a great place to share things, not to try to convince people to leave it and go to "google hangout" to see what could be shown here.

Agreed. You're a smart guy 24v. ;)

This thread really has gotten out of hand and needs to be locked down.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#51 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

nobody doubts (it's doubt not dought by the way) that cory's phone shows a speed of 4000mhz, or 2000mhz, whatever. Nobody or at least myself think cory is telling a lie. What everyone doubts is that it's actually RUNNING at that speed. In the right scenario, sure I believe one of these cpu's could run that high, but on our phones - you are not going to reach those speeds without the device throttling it back IMMEDIATELY. What cory should do, rather than pointless conversations with random "ti employees" is post actual benchmark screens from at least two widely accepted bm's -= running at stock, 2000mhz, and 4000mhz. It would truly help cory. I don't want to join a google hangout with it's crapy video to see something that I have no DOUBT your phone is displaying. But it's not going to be a waste of your time to post some screenshots.

Lets also thank Cory for the hard work in getting some overclocking methods for the phone. I don't overclock my phone, and never will even try. I would underclock it though... if I got bored enough

#52 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

if you can tell me how i can share a live video here on droid rzr by all means i will?? i am not claiming i am getting 4000mhz worth of performance because at 63 vsel that wont happen i am simple say that it can run at 4000mhz the cpu can reach these points but cant get the full power because of the vsel and also heat will be a problem set your phone to 4000 see if it hits it it will most likley lock up mine doesn't?? i have been working on getting around the 63 vsel but i am not releasing it because its not ready isnt that what we do we dont what to release things that are not ready???
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

You guys are all a bunch of poopoo heads :ph34r:

#54 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Ok my stock phone scores a 6,163 on that benchmark. More than double. Definitely the score of 2717 running at "3000mhz" indicates severe throttling of speeds. Do you have one from 2000mhz Cory? Thanks for posting!

#55 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Ok my stock phone scores a 6,163 on that benchmark. More than double. Definitely the score of 2717 running at "3000mhz" indicates severe throttling of speeds. Do you have one from 2000mhz Cory? Thanks for posting!

yea ill throw wont up in a bit but my 4000mhz run which i will do another didnt screen shot it lol got higher score...............the only way i can try to explain this is this way............think of a nascar yes nascar and i no they are to different thing but just listen lol nascars run around 850hp give or take when they run on big tracks like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a
or dayton speed way they use somthing called a restricter plate which restricks the amount of air the engine can get there for slowing the car down but still the engine still remains 850hp think of your cpu as the nascar engine and the vsels the ristricter plate the cpu is at 4000mhz but the ristricter plate "vsels" wont allow enough power to get the performance of 4000

#56 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

heheh kind of a good analogy, but when Nascar engines use restrictor plates, it's restricting air flow thus definitely reducing power and LIMITING top speed. Seeing how the benchmark is more than half of stock's performance, I would use the analogy of "Limp mode" = Limp mode is when something goes wrong with a car's engine and the car's ECU will not allow the engine to REV above say 3000 rpm when it normally can go to 7000 rpm :D
  • jimyv likes this

#57 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

yea ill throw wont up in a bit but my 4000mhz run which i will do another didnt screen shot it lol got higher score...............the only way i can try to explain this is this way............think of a nascar yes nascar and i no they are to different thing but just listen lol nascars run around 850hp give or take when they run on big tracks like

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

a or dayton speed way they use somthing called a restricter plate which restricks the amount of air the engine can get there for slowing the car down but still the engine still remains 850hp think of your cpu as the nascar engine and the vsels the ristricter plate the cpu is at 4000mhz but the ristricter plate "vsels" wont allow enough power to get the performance of 4000

So what your saying is your phone shows 4000mhz but its not really 4000mhz using the nascar analogy?
  • jimyv likes this

#58 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

If I had to take a guess....

Assuming it is running 2-4ghz at a very high vcore, the second a load is put onto the cpu it will hit the upper limits of its tdp in which case it will throttle to much lower speeds, probably around 400 to 600mhz.

So how do we get higher scores?

Well we could put it in the freezer but once the cpu heats up condensation will form so scratch that.

We could put it into a vat of non conductive oil which would cool it down, but that's far too messy.

We could take the phone apart and put a memory heatsink with thermal tape on it which would certainly cover the heat load but that might be the end of ever using it as cell phone ....

We could turn on a window unit AC and keep the phone infront of it which would essentially lower our ambient temperature which would allow the current heat sink some additional breathing room...

#59 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

Guys the only real answer we need is this: at what frequency can it run stock vcore? After you raise vcore once you are at between 50-80% of headroom used up.

I have overclocked more CPUs than I care to admit and if I know what frequency it does stock I can tell you if 4ghz is possible.

#60 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Why risk burning up the board with such high clock speed? I wouldn't.. This phone isn't cheap you know..

Not to mention the terrible battery life with such high speed.. Its even faster than my computer..

Sent from my XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users