90 replies to this topic

#61 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

Lol one thing I completely forgot.....

I would run you voltages too high as the power distribution System probably can't handle that kind of load. This thing probably doesn't have the cleanest system to begin with and loading it that heavily will probably do some damage.

Most higher end motherboards will have several phases of power cleaning to help with the load of a 150_300w overclocked cpu, this phone not so much. Be careful.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  • larrygeary likes this

#62 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

I was able to get Antutu scores similar to Cory's by using ROM Toolbox to underclock my phone to 300MHz. I estimate Cory's phone is operating at an effective speed of 400MHz or 1/3 of stock performance. I have no idea what is happening internally, but I don't think it's good.

Running a nice ROM like The Arctic gave my RAZR the equivalent of a 1250MHz clock by getting rid of unwanted and parasitic processes. If you want smooth and fast, that's the way to go. If you just want to bust out numbers, get a game console.

#63 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

I was able to get Antutu scores similar to Cory's by using ROM Toolbox to underclock my phone to 300MHz. I estimate Cory's phone is operating at an effective speed of 400MHz or 1/3 of stock performance. I have no idea what is happening internally, but I don't think it's good.

Running a nice ROM like The Arctic gave my RAZR the equivalent of a 1250MHz clock by getting rid of unwanted and parasitic processes. If you want smooth and fast, that's the way to go. If you just want to bust out numbers, get a game console.

That's what I thought. This has been such a massive waste of time, glad someone could duplicate his numbers and give a real explanation. Cory has abandoned this thread, so why it's not locked, I don't know.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

#64 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

That's what I thought. This has been such a massive waste of time, glad someone could duplicate his numbers and give a real explanation. Cory has abandoned this thread, so why it's not locked, I don't know.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk

I haven't abandoned anything I'm done waisting time on people that think there smarter than the people that make this CPU if don't want to believe than don't I don't care I'm done hearing about it

#65 Guest_coryjohn87_*

Guest_coryjohn87_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Just as you said you have no idear what is going on internally so there for didn't find answer my phone gets better benches at 1200 than my wife's at 1350 so I guess she's not running at 1350

#66 sublimerocks13

sublimerocks13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Lol@ all of this. The 4ghz is definitely legit though. I've oc'ed to 2.3 with his method.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR.

#67 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Just as you said you have no idear (sic) what is going on internally so there for (sic) didn't find answer my phone gets better benches at 1200 than my wife's at 1350 so I guess she's not running at 1350

Maybe Motorola knew what they were doing when they set the clock at 1200MHz. If your wife gets worse results at 1350, and you get DRAMATICALLY worse results at 4000, then maybe you should stick with 1200.

#68 reptilian

reptilian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Maybe Motorola knew what they were doing when they set the clock at 1200MHz. If your wife gets worse results at 1350, and you get DRAMATICALLY worse results at 4000, then maybe you should stick with 1200.

I get better scores @ 1300 and 1350, but I have failed to run the phone stable without any forced reboots.

#69 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Lol@ all of this. The 4ghz is definitely legit though. I've oc'ed to 2.3 with his method.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR.

Lets see the same benchmark on your phone at 2.3ghz

#70 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

If the single core LG Revolution can have a 1.9ghz kernel and run it consistantly as an everyday speed, then why is what Cory saying such a stretch??

For one, if a kernel is severely undervolted (like the one for the Revolution) then this is completely possible.

Blitzkrieg Kernel 1.9gHz - LG Revolution

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#71 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

I thought that because our phones had locked bootloaders we couldnt make tweaks to our Kernel. The LG revolution has an unlocked bootloader so I would assume you could do a whole lot more with it... maybe im wrong

#72 aduy

aduy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

yeah i got mine to "4300mhz" but i think what happens is after it gets past a stable clock it just downclocks itself to 300mhz, instead of crashing, and still acts like its clocked that high.

#73 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yeah, well I just hit 1.21 Gigawatts, so as soon as I can get this baby up to 88 miles per hour you're all gonna see some shit :rolleyes:
  • ShadyFox, Averix, Z32CM and 6 others like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#74 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

overclocked mine to 9000mhz
Posted Image
  • BMatt likes this

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#75 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

This thread is silly.

Sent from my Droid RAZR (stock 4.0.4)

#76 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

overclocked mine to 9000mhz
Posted Image

Lol

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#77 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Niiiiiiiiicccccceeeee! How's battery life?

Sent from my CM9 206 MAXX!!

#78 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Niiiiiiiiicccccceeeee! How's battery life?

Sent from my CM9 206 MAXX!!

I've got a Maxx...so...

4 seconds on 4G, 6 on 3G, 10 on Wi-Fi, and 12 on just CDMA.
  • shobon likes this

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#79 tdomonte

tdomonte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

wow, ok so a heads up because I'm dyslexic, my grammar sucks and I cant spell so bare with me while I go on my rant. Iv been on xda for 2 years. I owned a droid incredible, incredible 2 and now a droid razr. I never rooted my inc but the inc2 was a rooting beast. I was able to overclock it to 2.0ghz before it became unstable. I would consistaintly score around 3200+++ on quadrant with custom kernels/roms. However, the CPU inside the razr I believe is a TI omap 4430. its default speed is 1ghz but with the razr it comes overclocked out of the box. The Galaxy Nexus uses the similar Ti omap 4460 and by default its clocked at 1.5 but downclocked to 1.2 on the nexus. Ask urself Cory... why would they bother creating a 4460 if the 4430 can be all that and a bag of chips? Perhaps ur CPU is running at 400mhz but ur OS is reporting ghz because a glitch of some kind. Because as it stands I get more than double ur score on antutu with a clock of 1.2. also intel x86/x64 and arm are sooo different from one another its not even funny. They speak different languages, they are made for electronics that balance on the oposite spectrum from one another. also, I believe the quality of the board has a lot to do with the capable clock speeds of a device. the 4460 and 4470 Soc's have a higher quality board then the 4430 and they are allowed to clock higher. any higher then 1.5 and I'd be convinced ur damaging ur phone. it could be already warped.

Btw, like I said, iv been using android and xda for a few years now... Not once did I create an account and ask people questions that where answered a thousand times before, not once did I argue with the sound logic behind these minds that breath life to my humble phone. Iv never felt the need to create an account. but since i joined this site Ur the only person that ever made me want to respond and made me want to give my imput. All iv ever done on these sites is surf the sites doing research on how to root, research on my phone and how it works, the ins and outs... but im a bit bothered by the fact that a supposid motterator seems to lack a lot of basic logic about how our phones work. I feel like I read this site more then cory.

again... I hope everyone can get past my language skills as i feel like a bring a few good points :P

#80 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

tdomonte, possibly not in this thread but we have previously had a laugh about how the system will let us run at any claimed speeds we want, however exceeding a ceiling (I can't remember what it was) causes the system to functionally clock down to a reduced state. Even though it runs in a lower state, it continues to report the elevated rates. This points to it being a kernel or hardware limit rather than a software limit that can be circumvented easily. The GPU is similarly restricted, with only a few valid values, all others defaulting to running at the lowest state. So in essence, you are both correct in different ways. The system will REPORT any speed you give it, but it will not run at those levels. Even receiving a top quality chip will more than likely give no additional benefit due to it seeming to be a limit placed, not a limit found.

As to being a moderator... Moderator on a forum just means you are trusted to lock threads and delete spam. Making any assumption beyond that without knowing the individual is a bit risky at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users