#281 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:JoeProcopio
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Kii works great, been using that for a month or so now...best of Swype and stock Android KBs...fast and accurate

#282 jmbode

jmbode

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well that wasn't in the OP when i made my post, its been added. Its not the fact i didn't see it.
I already did that suggestion on my own research. It helped for a little bit, less than 24 hours though.
I'll let the developers trouble shoot it and get it working again.
Its a very nice ROM, I'll be back when the kinks are ironed out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#283 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Anyone brave enough to try this out for me:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It's CM10.1 with the RAZR i launcher (Breakneck edition), seeder tweak, and Motorola keyboard. Slot 1 only, and you have to manually set the ringtone/notification/alarm the first time you install it.

Slot 1 ONLY. Do a full wipe.

Works flawlessly. Very nice.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#284 dpd653

dpd653

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:@pryanwcs
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'm running the new cm rom. Everything running smooth. Only slight issue the stock sms notifications won't reset. It keeps showing I have unread messages but I don't. I haven't messed with it much (like wiping).

#285 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm running the new cm rom. Everything running smooth. Only slight issue the stock sms notifications won't reset. It keeps showing I have unread messages but I don't. I haven't messed with it much (like wiping).

That's happened to me a few times. Go to Settings > Apps and then go to Homescreen and QuickView and Messaging and clear cache/clear data/force close each of them. If that doesn't fix it then reboot.
  • dpd653 likes this

#286 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

That's happened to me a few times. Go to Settings > Apps and then go to Homescreen and QuickView and Messaging and clear cache/clear data/force close each of them. If that doesn't fix it then reboot.

Take note: Clearing Homescreen resets your pages wish I would of know that, took me a while to set all that up.

• JoeProcopio likes this

#287 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Liked using the CM10 but a few things I was noticing

1) Frequent lockups had two this morning one last night soft keys would light up and a black screen would show would have to do a soft reset.
2) Weather circle FCs
3) Text messages would not work in circle (it would show time) even after doing Homescreen and Quickview andMessaging and clearing the cache/clear data/force close and rebooting still no change
4) Battery circle showed a * star when clicking it asked what to show in circles all was checked but still showed a star
5) Root Explore was taking to long to access files and would freeze, using the picture galley was OK in finding pictures fast no issue there.
6) Battery drainage big time.

And just my opinion the new Camera no good, could not even find a timer on it..

Good job on it, I liked the colors and the way it looks but seems to be a bit unstable for my phone so back to BN7.........

#288 zrpmgo

zrpmgo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm glad this turned into a CM10 thread instead of Breakneck blur as originated! WTF

#289 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

well the OP asked in this thread for some testing on a CM based Rom he created, so those that grabbed it, asked about it as there isn't another thread for that ROM, although there should be another topic started for that one so we don't get confused

#290 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Yeah I suggested that back in post 271 when I posted a feedback on the CM10...... Now I went back to r7 and cant get the play store to download anything so I'll try r6 and then maybe flash r7 again.

Hmmmm Now r6 same issue cant download anything from the Play store....

#291 JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

is your download issue on 4G? or Wifi as well? Wifi works fine, and I only update apps or download new apps on Wifi so it doesn't affect me much, but is that the same with you?

I'm on r7, and use TiBU for everything so I hadn't noticed it that much

#292 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

is your download issue on 4G? or Wifi as well? Wifi works fine, and I only update apps or download new apps on Wifi so it doesn't affect me much, but is that the same with you?

I'm on r7, and use TiBU for everything so I hadn't noticed it that much

I got the same thing, both on 4g AND WiFi. I had to let the rom settle and I could eventually download... I don't' really know if letting settle did anything, I just happened to not touch my phone for a few hours and when I did again, things downloaded fine

#293 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Yeah I suggested that back in post 271 when I posted a feedback on the CM10...... Now I went back to r7 and cant get the play store to download anything so I'll try r6 and then maybe flash r7 again.

Hmmmm Now r6 same issue cant download anything from the Play store....

In the past with my Droid X I had to update my device status in the Play store thru my PC. Go play.Google.com, sign in, click on the gear icon(Options), Settings & then the Settings tab under My Acct. There will be a list of devices in your acct. With changing ROMs and doing fresh downloads of your apps during the install process, it seems to muddle communication between play store and device. This is why I like to restore apps thru TiBu initially. Just a suggestion. Since I have been doing it this way I have had no problems.

#294 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Sorry about the confusion. A couple nights ago I got the brilliant idea of making a CM-based Breakneck, but it seems like it's far more trouble than it's worth. I'm still working on the stock-based version, and I decided not to replace anything with AOSP. I'm still tinkering around and there should be a new release by this weekend. Sorry to the people who enjoy BreakneckCM, but I don't think I'm going to continue that project.

#295 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Sorry about the confusion. A couple nights ago I got the brilliant idea of making a CM-based Breakneck, but it seems like it's far more trouble than it's worth. I'm still working on the stock-based version, and I decided not to replace anything with AOSP. I'm still tinkering around and there should be a new release by this weekend. Sorry to the people who enjoy BreakneckCM, but I don't think I'm going to continue that project.

No worries here Shobon. But you did make a nice rom on your first crack at it. :) Thanks for youre work.

#296 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

No worries here Shobon. But you did make a nice rom on your first crack at it. :) Thanks for youre work.

+

#297 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

In the past with my Droid X I had to update my device status in the Play store thru my PC. Go play.Google.com, sign in, click on the gear icon(Options), Settings & then the Settings tab under My Acct. There will be a list of devices in your acct. With changing ROMs and doing fresh downloads of your apps during the install process, it seems to muddle communication between play store and device. This is why I like to restore apps thru TiBu initially. Just a suggestion. Since I have been doing it this way I have had no problems.

I flashed r2 and it worked for me to get to my titanium back up, then flashed r7 with no wipes all is working now correctly.

#298 pjohanse

pjohanse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Glad to hear you are working on the stock based version without AOSP. You have a great ROM that is super solid and reliable. Best one out there IMHO. Keep up the great work!

#299 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hopefully no one will hate me for this, but in r8 I'm doing a bit more debloating (removing built-in live wallpapers, some motobloat, anything that you can get from the market). Does anyone actually use the Tasks app, and if so would it be a deal-breaker if I got rid of it (I think Google Keep does a much better job anyway).

And how would you guys feel if I replaced some of the standard Blur apps with their AOSP alternatives (such as email, messaging, etc)?

catching up on this thread. maybe too late, but i prefer the Blur email app. more robust formatting options.

edit: i see that it's going to stay Blurry

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#300 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I liked it just was having a few issues, so +2 on the job you did. And I will definitely test it again if you decide to mess with it again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users