485 replies to this topic

#301 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

that's it...funny though that the debugging option is hidden in a custom rom that uses it though.

it's an Android 4.2 "feature"

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#302 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

catching up on this thread. maybe too late, but i prefer the Blur email app. more robust formatting options.

edit: i see that it's going to stay Blurry

I don't know what I would do without the gesture settings in Blur email, it's a real time saver

#303 nhamslef

nhamslef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:nickhimself
  • LocationJamestown, NC
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Is it possible to integrate CM's default MMS app into your rom? The fact that it has popup notifications baked in while the stock mms app STILL lacks that feature is entirely beyond me. I really don't understand why it hasn't become an incorporated feature. But yeah, again, is that a possibility? I didn't find any success on trying to install it on blur based roms, so I don't know if it's something one can accomplish.

#304 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

Is it possible to integrate CM's default MMS app into your rom? The fact that it has popup notifications baked in while the stock mms app STILL lacks that feature is entirely beyond me. I really don't understand why it hasn't become an incorporated feature. But yeah, again, is that a possibility? I didn't find any success on trying to install it on blur based roms, so I don't know if it's something one can accomplish.

SMS pop-up works just as well & is a little more customizable.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#305 nhamslef

nhamslef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:nickhimself
  • LocationJamestown, NC
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, I use SMS popup on blur roms ever since finding out the bugs were worked out which finally got me to drop the piece of crap GoSMS which kept getting filled with more and more ads/spam. I just want one messaging app that controls both text and popup notifications like the CM build does.

It's kind of frustrating to have this OS so fragmented that there's seldom ONE good application to use that isn't >$10 or filled with spam/ads/in-app-purchases.

If I can't move the CM MMS.apk over, is there an SMS app that any of your guys use that supports popup notifications? I'd like one app and will pay some money for it if it's got all of the functionality of the stock app + some extras. My only other experiences have been with GoSMS, Handscent (1+ year ago), Chomp (1+ year ago), CM's MMS, and SMS Popup.

Also, for the Play Store downloading issue on r7: I seem to be able to fix it temporarily then, either through something I'm doing without realizing it, or another factor altogether, it goes back to stalling indefinitely at any download I begin until I do the whole FC, clear cache/data, reboot deal. Not sure what's up but man, that's whack.

#306 mydroidrazrmaxx

mydroidrazrmaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, I use SMS popup on blur roms ever since finding out the bugs were worked out which finally got me to drop the piece of crap GoSMS which kept getting filled with more and more ads/spam. I just want one messaging app that controls both text and popup notifications like the CM build does.

It's kind of frustrating to have this OS so fragmented that there's seldom ONE good application to use that isn't >$10 or filled with spam/ads/in-app-purchases.

If I can't move the CM MMS.apk over, is there an SMS app that any of your guys use that supports popup notifications? I'd like one app and will pay some money for it if it's got all of the functionality of the stock app + some extras. My only other experiences have been with GoSMS, Handscent (1+ year ago), Chomp (1+ year ago), CM's MMS, and SMS Popup.

Also, for the Play Store downloading issue on r7: I seem to be able to fix it temporarily then, either through something I'm doing without realizing it, or another factor altogether, it goes back to stalling indefinitely at any download I begin until I do the whole FC, clear cache/data, reboot deal. Not sure what's up but man, that's whack.

Have a little respect for the dev man, these guys work hard on these on there own spare time I'm sure the bugs will get worked out in time, no ROM is perfect and will have issues until fixed, if this ROM is an issue move to another, I myself have no play store issue on my phone, I've used SMS popup with no problems, if you don't want the ads pay for the app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• mdcowby likes this

#307 mdcowby

mdcowby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

From my experience I flashed r7 had play store issues, so I wiped and went back to r2 then flashed r7 with no wipes have not had a problem since.

#308 pjohanse

pjohanse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

So, I realize this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I was on WiFi, switched the Preferred Network Mode setting from Global to CDMA/LTE, then switched off WiFi. I haven't had any problems downloading from the Play Store since.

I am not sure if it is coincidence or not.

#309 darkcyber

darkcyber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Wifi hotspot is not working. It still checks for sub and doesn't work. I installed using safestrap and installed it to rom slot 1.

#310 darkcyber

darkcyber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Wifi hotspot is not working. It still checks for sub and doesn't work. I installed using safestrap and installed it to rom slot 1.

After another reboot it is working :)

#311 6flip9

6flip9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Twitter:SIX_FLIP_NINE
  • LocationShelton, WA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hey Dev this Rocks

Fresh install of R7 and responding very well :-)

None of these issues that everyone else speaks of :-D

Just picked up a max and its refreshing to see a ROM that's not hacked up

i DREAM, iMAGiNE + THiNK BiONiC :-)

#312 darkcyber

darkcyber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Yes, very sweet ROM.

One question on the wifi hotspot...you just use the standard built in VZW one correct? Don't have to with WiFox or anything else?

#313 pjohanse

pjohanse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yes, very sweet ROM.

One question on the wifi hotspot...you just use the standard built in VZW one correct? Don't have to with WiFox or anything else?

Yep, just under Settings>>Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.

Works great! The entitlement hack is in this ROM so you don't need to have a plan that supports it.

#314 darkcyber

darkcyber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yep, just under Settings>>Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.

Works great! The entitlement hack is in this ROM so you don't need to have a plan that supports it.

Thanks! Running smooth so far :)

#315 Darugarm

Darugarm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

Hey there great job, admire the looks of this rom and the developer to put in effort to share.
There are couple of issues I have been having with this rom or any of the other roms except for the Android aggression Rom, issue being battery drain, it would only last me 12 hours with lower than normal use and less if normal use. No auto updates are on or gps or 4g. Only Wifi.

Andriod aggression was really easy on the battery but as they don't have one out for the new kernel which i have updated to I tried your Rom. I love the looks and feel of it, just the battery drain kills me.

Also I am on gsm network so the main issue I have is usually my network drops signals every now and then, after disconnection the phone doesn't connect automatically and displays a message to revert to global mode, only works after having to reboot. This particular issue has been with me since the beginning and with every Rom I have tried. I have tried almost all of them :)

It is annoying for me to keep a constant eye on the phone if the network is connected or not.

Would appreciate any help thank you.

#316 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

After my first attempt to upgrade to r7 from r6, that resulted in a no boot, I deleted the slot, restored r6 and then installed r7. NO problems at all. Play store, MMS, WiFi, etc. all working fine. I think the slots created with SS have a certain amount of installs in them. Always do a nandroid.(backup)

#317 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

After my first attempt to upgrade to r7 from r6, that resulted in a no boot, I deleted the slot, restored r6 and then installed r7. NO problems at all. Play store, MMS, WiFi, etc. all working fine. I think the slots created with SS have a certain amount of installs in them. Always do a nandroid.(backup)

Slightly off-topic question... A while back I did a nandroid backup and restore, and wound up with a black/blank screen after boot. I had to do some magic with the stock side before I could get a screen back again. I heard it was because I did the backup with root protected with Voodoo. SInce that time I have been afraid to backup and restore. Do you do anything special before doing a nandroid?
I brew the beer I drink.

#318 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Slightly off-topic question... A while back I did a nandroid backup and restore, and wound up with a black/blank screen after boot. I had to do some magic with the stock side before I could get a screen back again. I heard it was because I did the backup with root protected with Voodoo. SInce that time I have been afraid to backup and restore. Do you do anything special before doing a nandroid?

I always have root protected with Voodoo. I usually do a backup of roms as soon as I have everything running to my liking. Only takes ten minutes to backup and not much longer to restore if need be. What you had heard about Voodoo and root in certain instances may be true.

#319 dAi

dAi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Is anyone else feeling a choppy, lag when swiping to the Quick Settings home screen?

#320 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Sorry about the lack of posting, I've had a busy weekend. I've been throwing ideas around, but since I'm an uncertain person I can't really stick with one idea. So I feel like the community should decide.

If you use this rom, or want to use the rom but it doesn't have something you're looking ford, please go to this link and fill it out:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'll consider all input, and any conflicting ideas will be put to a vote. So please help me out and thank you, this is more your guys rom, not mine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users