#361 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationA Ct Yankee living in the land of Mass-oles
  • Current Device(s):Razr,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

Once you've reformatted do a completely new install and set up of the rom. 

#362 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Once you've reformatted do a completely new install and set up of the rom. 

I did a fresh install with a fresh slot and everything works fine! I flashed the 1% mod and stock browser and even installed the updated store from here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I just tested it again and the new store works and now I'm getting my rom set up the way I like them to be. 

Hope the battery life is good! I sure do love slimmed down roms!

Thanks for the help!

#363 jmaher1023

jmaher1023

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

I just did a fresh install of r1 on a new slot, tested to make sure play store was working(it was), then I installed r6 over it. Tested play store again upon reboot, and it worked great. Restored some apps via titanium, and text messages via my backup pro, then proceeded to set up the ROM the way I like it. Somewhere down the lone, the play store decided to stop working again. I tried clearing cache and data, no luck. Uninstalled updates, no luck. Installed newest version of play store again, no luck! Idk what is wrong with this ROM, but no play store access is a big deal!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#364 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

I just did a fresh install of r1 on a new slot, tested to make sure play store was working(it was), then I installed r6 over it. Tested play store again upon reboot, and it worked great. Restored some apps via titanium, and text messages via my backup pro, then proceeded to set up the ROM the way I like it. Somewhere down the lone, the play store decided to stop working again. I tried clearing cache and data, no luck. Uninstalled updates, no luck. Installed newest version of play store again, no luck! Idk what is wrong with this ROM, but no play store access is a big deal!

Try doing what worked for me. Format your internal storage and plug in the SD card to install the Rom. I tried everything you're having issues with until I did that and it worked for me. I rolled back to r5 and r6 and had the same issue. I was even able to update the google apk to the latest and it still work and has been working fine for a few hours now. 

#365 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Again, did you back up and wipe the sd card? Bobguyman wiped the internal and reinstalled the rom and got it to work fine. I've tried the internal wipe before with other roms when I've done too much flashing and the card has become corrupted but it has turned out that the corruption has always been on the external card and wiping it has done the trick. But there is less to backup and wipe on the internal so it is easier to start with the internal storage. Or you can wipe both. From there you can go directly to r7.

#366 jmaher1023

jmaher1023

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Not sure how it would be the SD card as opposed to the ROM itself. I've had no problems with the play store in the past in other ROMs. And the fact that it was all working fine then just randomly stopped. I really like the RAZR i interface and the circles widget, but I think I'm gonna have to jump ship til the kinks get ironed out of this one. Also, has anyone been able to pull a logcat and send to the dev? I can't get aLogcat to work properly and can't install another logcat app because of the play store issue(I'm not where I can get to a computer).

#367 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Not sure how it would be the SD card as opposed to the ROM itself. I've had no problems with the play store in the past in other ROMs. And the fact that it was all working fine then just randomly stopped. I really like the RAZR i interface and the circles widget, but I think I'm gonna have to jump ship til the kinks get ironed out of this one. Also, has anyone been able to pull a logcat and send to the dev? I can't get aLogcat to work properly and can't install another logcat app because of the play store issue(I'm not where I can get to a computer).

All roms use the storage space on either the internal or external or even both in some way or the other. There is likely to be a file somewhere that got corrupt that one rom may use and not the other which is why one can have issues and the other wouldn't. 

Best of luck finding a perfect rom but even an official and heavily tested rom is going to have issues. Yes having the Play Store not work for you is a massive problem but two people are telling you how to fix it. There will always be kinks to work out with custom roms by the way. 

#368 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

All roms use the storage space on either the internal or external or even both in some way or the other. There is likely to be a file somewhere that got corrupt that one rom may use and not the other which is why one can have issues and the other wouldn't. 

Best of luck finding a perfect rom but even an official and heavily tested rom is going to have issues. Yes having the Play Store not work for you is a massive problem but two people are telling you how to fix it. There will always be kinks to work out with custom roms by the way. 

This isn't the first rom that has given me this problem. I Had to wipe it months before to fix data problems on jb.8  where the rom on first install wouldn't even connect to 3g or 4g. I then had to wipe again while on .16 to get rage and breakneck to work properly for the same reasons and other minor problems tht subsequently disappeared afterwards. 

#369 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

This isn't the first rom that has given me this problem. I Had to wipe it months before to fix data problems on jb.8  where the rom on first install wouldn't even connect to 3g or 4g. I then had to wipe again while on .16 to get rage and breakneck to work properly for the same reasons and other minor problems tht subsequently disappeared afterwards. 

I always make a special effort to make sure my important data is backed up on the external SD card and pics and videos are uploaded to dropbox automatically. I keep movies and music on my 64GB card so it would hurt my feelings to have to transfer all of that data twice just to delete a corrupt file... I would try to clean up some files before I format but personally I've never even considered formatting anything in order for a rom to work except for the non-storage places such as cache and a factory reset. 

#370 jmaher1023

jmaher1023

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well, I formatted my internal SD storage and reinstalled...still no dice. Guess I'll stick with stock for a while...been flashing, wiping, reflashing, etc. for what seems like forever! Hope the dev can get this working.

#371 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

I always make a special effort to make sure my important data is backed up on the external SD card and pics and videos are uploaded to dropbox automatically. I keep movies and music on my 64GB card so it would hurt my feelings to have to transfer all of that data twice just to delete a corrupt file... I would try to clean up some files before I format but personally I've never even considered formatting anything in order for a rom to work except for the non-storage places such as cache and a factory reset. 

Haha. I don't know anything except what I read and what works. A lot of debris gets left on the cards from all that downloading and I suppose any of it could interfere with info important to rom function. Besides you would be suprised how many files on the ext. sd are pure junk you don't need to keep and backup to the computer is really quick for most of the files you need to save. I have a 32 gb card full of files and it didn't take me long at all.

#372 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Haha. I don't know anything except what I read and what works. A lot of debris gets left on the cards from all that downloading and I suppose any of it could interfere with info important to rom function. Besides you would be suprised how many files on the ext. sd are pure junk you don't need to keep and backup to the computer is really quick for most of the files you need to save. I have a 32 gb card full of files and it didn't take me long at all.

I actually was having issues with YouTube so uninstalled and went to download it again only to find my Store is now broken...

#373 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

I actually was having issues with YouTube so uninstalled and went to download it again only to find my Store is now broken...

I had a feeling the internal wipe may not have done it. In my reading people recommend the external and it worked for me. Try it . It seems the really big files - the movies - which take longer to transfer are already backed up by you and the others like titanium and DCIM transfer to the computer very quickly. Many files contain nothing or just gibberish or useless logs and can be deleted instead of transfered. I hope it works for you if you do it. From there just go to install r7. Good luck 

#374 bobguyman

bobguyman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

I had a feeling the internal wipe may not have done it. In my reading people recommend the external and it worked for me. Try it . It seems the really big files - the movies - which take longer to transfer are already backed up by you and the others like titanium and DCIM transfer to the computer very quickly. Many files contain nothing or just gibberish or useless logs and can be deleted instead of transfered. I hope it works for you if you do it. From there just go to install r7. Good luck 

I am formatting everything now and starting fresh. If Play fails again I'll just switch to a more solid rom... I want to love this rom so hard but when I go to download and it doesn't work... I could just download and backup any apps via stock and titanium backup and just load them up but that is about 5 steps too many vs just hitting "Install" or "Update". :p

#375 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

I am formatting everything now and starting fresh. If Play fails again I'll just switch to a more solid rom... I want to love this rom so hard but when I go to download and it doesn't work... I could just download and backup any apps via stock and titanium backup and just load them up but that is about 5 steps too many vs just hitting "Install" or "Update". :p

Well I use another rom now. But guess what? I couldn't get it to work correctly until I had formatted the external sd card. I had been doing a lot of rom flashing and  downloading to the ext sd, moving files around to different locations within the ext card, etc. Then problems started appearing when installing new roms. First, I tried a new install of the .16 system. Then the internal card. Then the external. But the root cause and need for the card wipe is all of that flashing and downloading. 

#376 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Play Fails unless on WiFi, if it starts to download at all.  I had to grab the launcher with circles and flash it on the stock rom or my mom would not use her phone.  I should have never shown her the circles. 

#377 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Sorry about the continuous lack of work on my end, it's been a busy semester and I haven't had much time to tinker around with this rom since spring break. Thank you to everyone who provided logcats, but they all seemed normal and didn't give much info as to why the play store is broken. This is so annoying since I'm having no problems at all using the play store.

It was suggested that formatting the sdcard/internal storage would do the trick, but that honestly doesn't make any sense to me. I'll keep digging around and try to pop out a new version sometime soon. Thanks for your patience guys <3

EDIT: okay I finally got the Play Store issue to occur on my phone! Been plugging away trying to fix it with no avail, I have a long night ahead of me...

• PdiddyBuck likes this

#378 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Still stuck on this. I'm going to rebuild the rom from the ground up and hope the issue doesn't occur again.

• Stabone and lorilucille9 like this

#379 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Still stuck on this. I'm going to rebuild the rom from the ground up and hope the issue doesn't occur again.

I had the play store problem for little while, but after a day or two it just started working and I haven't have a problem since. And I've been using r7 since you put it out. It's working perfectly!

Thanks!

#380 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Do you think it could be a gapps issue? Due to the new play store?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users