• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#381 papanut

papanut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Installed this rom today, I think I have the play store issue resolved at this point by first uninstalling play store, then I installed a gapps package 20130301,

when I booted that up I got an error.

booted into recovery, wiped cache/delvik only and flashed the rom again . cleared data from play store and working now with no errors.

#382 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Installed this rom today, I think I have the play store issue resolved at this point by first uninstalling play store, then I installed a gapps package 20130301,

booted into recovery, wiped cache/delvik only and flashed the rom again . cleared data from play store and working now with no errors.

Everything still working out?

#383 refuse2bstopped

refuse2bstopped

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Okay, I know for a FACT that I'm going to appear to be the obvious noob that I am with this question.   :ph34r:   But here goes..... Can this rom be flashed from the sd card or does it have to be flashed using some type of utility?  I use a Mac, and currently my razr is fully stock jellybean, with the exception of just having rooted and installing safestrap on it today.  I haven't flashed android roms since the G1 came out, so yeah, it's been awhile.  lol  But if anyone could answer that question....

#384 Stabone

Stabone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Once safestrap is installed It can be flashed right from the SD card.

#385 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

Everything still working out?

That's what I'm wondering I'm using r2 because I can't get any update to download and install from just data. I have to be using WiFi to get them, anything above r2 won't work at least on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#386 mikedav

mikedav

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

My play store only works on WiFi. Is there a setting to make it do this?

#387 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Your problem is what has been discussed the past five pages of posts. There is no fix as of now.

#388 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationA Ct Yankee living in the land of Mass-oles
  • Current Device(s):Razr,

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

I know this sounds crazy but are people sure they don't have the settings set to download apps over Wi-Fi only? I just have never had any play store download problems. 

#389 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

The problem with the Playstore started happening when the new Store came out. Thats whe I notice it. Because it works fine on stock. So I think it might be a Gapps issue, but I don't really know. I'm not a developer. Just a crack flasher...lol

#390 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

I am talking about the new play store. I had an install of r7 with no upgrade from any of the previous versions but hadn't used it in a while. When people started complaining about the play store I returned to r7 and let apps update and when the store updated I made sure it was not on wifi. I do remember that immediately after it updated the store sent a popup notification asking if I wanted to have apps update only on wifi . I made sure to check off insettings "update at any time". And they update without being on wifi. 

Is the solution an install of r7 without upgrading from a previous version of breakneck? Are people checking the download settings in the playstore? It seems the default setting is wifi . Just my two cents.

apps 

#391 droidmaxxuser

droidmaxxuser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

I am talking about the new play store. I had an install of r7 with no upgrade from any of the previous versions but hadn't used it in a while. When people started complaining about the play store I returned to r7 and let apps update and when the store updated I made sure it was not on wifi. I do remember that immediately after it updated the store sent a popup notification asking if I wanted to have apps update only on wifi . I made sure to check off insettings "update at any time". And they update without being on wifi. 
   Is the solution an install of r7 without upgrading from a previous version of breakneck? Are people checking the download settings in the playstore? It seems the default setting is wifi . Just my two cents.

apps 

Not on my end I redid ROM slot installed r7 as soon as I went to install titanium backup it would not download check settings was on data I changed it to install over WiFi all worked but once changing back to the data the download would just sit there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#392 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

UPDATE. What I did was a clean install, slot 1. Went thru the setup. Connected to my WiFi and the Play Store updated to the New store so I downloaded TiTanium Backup thru Wifi and then I downloaded Root Explorer using the Data. After I restored some apps I updated some thru WiFi and a few thru Data. It seems that the google apps don't want to update thru the Data just Wifi. Or it could be an Intermitting problem. I'm thinking that maybe the 3G speed unthrottle tweak could be the blame for the data update in the play store but I don't know. Just trying trouble shoot. I am by no means a developer. Just throwing out ideas.

#393 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yes i now have to admit that my playstore has stopped working unless it's on wifi but I couldn't  care less. Do we need instant updating of apps under all conditions? Breakneck is a fine rom.

#394 DryKillLogic

DryKillLogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

Awesome!. Best stock JB rom. Thanks

#395 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well so much for that. The play store stop working again. I can't even use the WiFi now. Data works for everything else. And so does the WiFi. Just not the play store.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

#396 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

yes I would love to switch back to this once the playstore issues are fixed.  

• PdiddyBuck likes this

#397 lorilucille9

lorilucille9

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'm waiting too  :wacko:

#398 Centurion

Centurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

This makes absolutly no sense. Now the play store is woring on Wifi again but still not thru the Data. Why will everyting else work thru Data but the Play Store. Makes no sense. This is a great ROM.

*Update* Now all is working again......??????Its got tobe the new store issue. Maybe on Google's end??

#399 mjmellin

mjmellin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter:mjmellin
  • Google+:mjmellin@gmail.com

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

This is a great ROM. I love the Circle Widget. Now if we could only get notification bar features from 4.2.2 and the 1% batter it would be perfect

#400 rnh

rnh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Flash this zip and if you don't like it's style you can use rom toolbox battery icons under status bar icons to replace it - Flashable zip link 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. I haven't tried the zip so I don't know  what it looks like. Here is the thread I found it under.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users