• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#261 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

How did you get Verizon to send you a Maxx?

Sent PM didn't want to hijack thread.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#262 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Sent PM didn't want to hijack thread.

I'm kinda curious too - PM me as well ;-) I'd looooooove to score one lol

#263 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

for anyone curious (sorry op...)

I have gone through about 15 devices since September. A lot due to data issues. I have talked to motorola and Verizon several times and they kept sending me new ones instead of troubleshooting the problem. Then .173 came out and data solved. So the next device I had the power button didn't work. The next one the gps didn't work at all, no lock what so ever. The next one had bubble gum on the power button. The next one had a blotch of dead pixels. The next one had terrible battery life (charged to 100% and it died 6.5 hours later while I was sleeping.....I was 45 minutes late to work) at this point I filed a complaint to the FCC for false advertising both features that didn't work and battery life. The next one the GPS didn't work.....again. finally I found a perfect one.

So life's been good for a couple weeks. Besides the fact I have a $650 charge on my account because the warehouse forgot to check the unit in.

So yesterday verizon calls me concerning my FCC complaint and offers me a maxx for free. I accept.

Honestly it wasn't worth the hassle I would rather have a working phone and pay the $120 for the conversion kit because the time on the phone was at work and probably cost me $600-800 worth of lost wages.

#264 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

Funny thing is... I was very close to canceling my account and paying the etf , the only thing that stopped me was unlimited 4g data plan lol

#265 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Has anyone received there parts or sent there phone in yet and got it back?
While this is a viable option, it is too much money to spend on a phone that's been out 6 months already...and its not feasable to go without the phone...so I applaud the availability of it but respectfully will not be sending mine in..still hoping for a DIY kit form under 70.00.....preferably 50.00.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#266 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Has anyone received there parts or sent there phone in yet and got it back?
While this is a viable option, it is too much money to spend on a phone that's been out 6 months already...and its not feasable to go without the phone...so I applaud the availability of it but respectfully will not be sending mine in..still hoping for a DIY kit form under 70.00.....preferably 50.00.

The battery alone is going to cost you $50

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#267 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

The battery alone is going to cost you $50

+1.

#268 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Has anyone gotten a PM or anything else since the last round of blaaablaaablaa?. Not saying this is a business or anything, it would be nice to have some kind of an update or to let us know if we are on "The List" or not. If I'm on the list it would make me ( meaning everyone ) more at ease. I don't think that I'm the only one that feels that way. It's hard to be patient when it is something that is needed so bad!!!!! It is almost half way through the month and some people have budgets they have to kinda plan for. This is not meant to make anyone mad ( Prime ) just sayin'........

#269 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

-_- For the last time, if you posted here you are technically on the list. I am not going to post any more updates until I actually have something to update you with. I am still in talks with them to just send us the pieces and allow us to install them ourselves.

I these guys do not pan out, I have potentially found another supplier of parts that I am talking to now as well.

:-D :-D

#270 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

And if I am unable to just have the parts sent to me I can hand the list of interested parties over to someone else if they want to still do a GB having to send their phones in, but I am fairly hopeful that I can convince them to send me just the pieces.

:-D :-D

#271 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Tell them sending us the pieces is the only way they'll make their money back. Most of us won't send our phones in, and if that's the only way they'll sell them, they'll be the ones left holding the bag.

#272 tech_head

tech_head

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

I heard there is also a new part source for the items.
I'm willing to spend the $120 to do the phone. Group buy would be nice but I'd like to get mine done asap.
If someone knows a second/third source for the parts PM please.

Thanks.

#273 Jimmy8881

Jimmy8881

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

count me out, found a maxx on ebay for spare parts for 150 and already did the convertion, will be selling the left over parts soon. word of caution if your planning to keep or sell the original razr battery, the original razr battery can get stuck on the backcover and there is a chance of ripping the ribbon wire on the battery if your not careful pulling the backcover off.

#274 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

That's good to know. They didn't say anything about that in the video I was looking at. Thanks

#275 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:gsmtz7r
  • Google+:gsmtz74@gmail.com
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Oh im there if i can get instructions also:lol:..

#276 theycallmerayj

theycallmerayj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

count me out, found a maxx on ebay for spare parts for 150 and already did the convertion, will be selling the left over parts soon. word of caution if your planning to keep or sell the original razr battery, the original razr battery can get stuck on the backcover and there is a chance of ripping the ribbon wire on the battery if your not careful pulling the backcover off.

New to the site just got a droid razr, and I did that to a broke one lol. Also, if anybody gets info on the maxx conversion kit i would like one. thanks.

#277 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRichmond,IN

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Here is the one I found. It seems to be pretty good to me. Take a look and see for yourself. There are a few out there, but I think this was done the best.

• Jimmy8881 likes this

#278 ectomorph

ectomorph

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:excentric1

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Will you be able to ship parts to europe ?

#279 jwheeler73

jwheeler73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

If the GB is still being coordinated I'm in.

#280 Greengoo

Greengoo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Count me in I need the pieces to do this conversion myself

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users