#121 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

I'm in.. If someone can help me ship to Malaysia.. Would gladly pay the postage.. Anyone please? The shop don't ship to Malaysia..

Sent from my XT910

Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#122 IndyPb

IndyPb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Just about to pre-order when I saw this....I'm definitely interested.

#123 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

One last question if I did buy would it be as simple as unscrewing the back and snapping the battery in then turning it on and everything be handy dandy??

Not quite that easy but close. If there isnt a video available there will be soon after one of us get ahold of this thing

I am ninja see my Blade and fear me

Posted Image

#124 banshee3422

banshee3422

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm definitely in

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#125 captmilk

captmilk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Twitter:Captmilk
  • LocationErie, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

Does the kit make the Razr look exactly like the Maxx no gaps?

#126 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yes from the side it will look exactly like a maxx.. you will never be able to pass it off as a maxx because the regular razr hasa nice big chrome motorola logo on the front... the max doesn't...

#127 Falconone

Falconone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:02 AM

Put me on the list, I'm in.

#128 IndyPb

IndyPb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

What's with the "antenna and camera lens", shouldn't it just be the battery and back (and SIM door) that gets swapped?

#129 brianmnolson

brianmnolson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Any news on a Group Price yet?

#130 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:shadowdroidx
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm definetly interested just got my RAZR yesterday for 100 bucks this would be a really nice upgrade. I have a friend that I converted from sammy to moto and shes on the RAZR as well. She was dying when the MAXX came out now that I told her about this she is interested as well. I will be giving her a heads up if we get this GB going. WOOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! :P

#131 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have been contemplating the decision of what to do with a short battery life on the razor... when I think of all the options we have.. at 109 dollars, this really is not a great option.. of course this is just my opinion.. but I see razors going for 300-375 dollars used.. a good used maxx goes for 470 -525....
You're going to have no warranty either way... at least with a razor max if you lose it or break it you will be covered by assurion and they will send you a replacement razor maxx.. if you lose or break your converted razor you are sol... so in addition to your 100 dollar deductible you will need to spend another 109 to get back to the point of where you were... which of course voids the warranty on your new replacement... super me I am not in at 109 it is too much money.... I will just find a used maxx and sell my phone before I go that route.... I've been paying for a assurion for 3 years and never needed it ...my luck I'll newd it the week after I put the big battery in....

#132 Sim Kai Long

Sim Kai Long

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

I have been contemplating the decision of what to do with a short battery life on the razor... when I think of all the options we have.. at 109 dollars, this really is not a great option.. of course this is just my opinion.. but I see razors going for 300-375 dollars used.. a good used maxx goes for 470 -525.... You're going to have no warranty either way... at least with a razor max if you lose it or break it you will be covered by assurion and they will send you a replacement razor maxx.. if you lose or break your converted razor you are sol... so in addition to your 100 dollar deductible you will need to spend another 109 to get back to the point of where you were... which of course voids the warranty on your new replacement... super me I am not in at 109 it is too much money.... I will just find a used maxx and sell my phone before I go that route.... I've been paying for a assurion for 3 years and never needed it ...my luck I'll newd it the week after I put the big battery in.... Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

For us folks on the GSM Razr, we've pretty much got no choice. Not until the new GSM Maxx gets released.

#133 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Count me in as well please. Thank you.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#134 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Should be getting a call from the shop today.

I will receive and ship to anyone out of country.

No one cares where this was sent from
  • bogginblazer and Krazr like this

:-D :-D

#135 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I have been contemplating the decision of what to do with a short battery life on the razor... when I think of all the options we have.. at 109 dollars, this really is not a great option.. of course this is just my opinion.. but I see razors going for 300-375 dollars used.. a good used maxx goes for 470 -525....
You're going to have no warranty either way... at least with a razor max if you lose it or break it you will be covered by assurion and they will send you a replacement razor maxx.. if you lose or break your converted razor you are sol... so in addition to your 100 dollar deductible you will need to spend another 109 to get back to the point of where you were... which of course voids the warranty on your new replacement... super me I am not in at 109 it is too much money.... I will just find a used maxx and sell my phone before I go that route.... I've been paying for a assurion for 3 years and never needed it ...my luck I'll newd it the week after I put the big battery in....

Soooo, after your long winded reason why you don't want the battery, you're going to do it anyway?Battery life really isn't all that bad on the RAZR. You should be getting close to a days use out of it. Myself, i just want more.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

#136 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Should be getting a call from the shop today.

I will receive and ship to anyone out of country.

No one cares where this was sent from

WOW! Going the extra mile to help out any forum members!!!!!
1 reason why I love this forum!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#137 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

sound good my friend..
let me knwo the price buddy
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#138 Cruiserdude

Cruiserdude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Twitter:@andrewblitch

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I'm definitely interested, been wanting this since I first got the phone. But I can't justify it unless the price comes down, that's alot for an extended battery. I can get through a full day of heavy usage just fine if I top it off for about 30-45 minutes, this would just be nice peace of mind. But as I'll likely be getting the SGS3 in fall or whenever the Verizon version comes out, and I expect the resale value of even a Maxx to drop once the Fighter comes out, I really wouldn't get my money's worth. So let's hope this group buy can get the price down a bit, excited to see what they say!

Oh, could you ask about getting a Maxx front badge as well? It'd be the only thing left to truly make it a Maxx!

#139 vueaskew

vueaskew

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'll take one, please.

Question on timing, (though I know the answer depends primarily on whether or not they will ship them to us individually, or must ship all to you then you send to us):

Are we looking to do this so that we have them at or near the same time as those who pre-order, or would we choose to wait to get a larger group for a deeper discount?

Thanks for all your efforts, I think this definitely makes for a lot of happ(ier) RAZR soon-to-be-MAXX users.

;)

#140 foxkat

foxkat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Google+:phil.katulka@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Droid MAXX, Acer Iconia Tab 10.1, HTC EVO 3D, Droid 2 Global, OG Droid

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

What's with the "antenna and camera lens", shouldn't it just be the battery and back (and SIM door) that gets swapped?

You are correct that the SIM/SD door gets swapped, however the problem is that the longer SIM/SD door hinge is fused to the middle surround frame, not the back cover as it may appear. The middle frame (seen below - door would be on bottom right in that view) includes an antenna and the flat glass Camera protective lens cover (not the actual camera lens).

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users