#61 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

No clue man wish I could help more. That said tho a Dev edition can be relocked form my understanding. Now why you would want to I dont know but i swear i was told it can be if you have the code they gave you to unlock it. No help to me as i bought my Dev Editions used and they were unlocked and I never got the code as i didn't know at the time

Possible the dev addition has a rewritable chip?

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#62 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

No clue man wish I could help more. That said tho a Dev edition can be relocked form my understanding. Now why you would want to I dont know but i swear i was told it can be if you have the code they gave you to unlock it. No help to me as i bought my Dev Editions used and they were unlocked and I never got the code as i didn't know at the time

More research will be necessary as I don't think I have a fully understanding of how it works yet. Thanks for the info!
  • DeJaVu74 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#63 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Not to my knowledge. They should be identical hardware wise but as tucs said, they have a list of the ones that are eligible to get a code to unlock it.

#64 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

More research will be necessary as I don't think I have a fully understanding of how it works yet. Thanks for the info!

lol.... no prob. Didn't mean to stir up trouble I guess but want ppl to be aware is all. My personal guess is there is 2 different fuses, and for Dev edition when oyu hook up to your comp to get codes and stuff it knows its Dev edition and we get the code for it to unlock it. But who knows at this point

#65 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

lol.... no prob. Didn't mean to stir up trouble I guess but want ppl to be aware is all. My personal guess is there is 2 different fuses, and for Dev edition when oyu hook up to your comp to get codes and stuff it knows its Dev edition and we get the code for it to unlock it. But who knows at this point

Yea, like I said, more research is needed. I certainly don't seem to have a full picture of the situation. I don't own one of these phones. I was seriously looking into the HD dev phone when it was released but ultimately didn't feel it provided enough value over my bionic. So I'm waiting for the next gen phones, but, my criteria has always been that I'll never get another locked phone. It MUST be unlockable even if I have to pay for it. This unlock is pretty sweet for those that don't mind voiding their warranty.

#66 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yea, like I said, more research is needed. I certainly don't seem to have a full picture of the situation. I don't own one of these phones. I was seriously looking into the HD dev phone when it was released but ultimately didn't feel it provided enough value over my bionic. So I'm waiting for the next gen phones, but, my criteria has always been that I'll never get another locked phone. It MUST be unlockable even if I have to pay for it. This unlock is pretty sweet for those that don't mind voiding their warranty.

+1 to that for me to I just get bored to fast and need to move on. My HD & M already need to go to be perfectly honest but nothign worth while I'm interested in atm. I'll never buy another locked one tho & i refuse to buy threw carrier as well. I'm more then happy to buy Dev edition tho if I'm paying retail anyways. As far as warranty goes really not a biggie either to me or for anyone. Even on Dev edition once unlocked the warranty is gone per the terms of agreement. Heck if oyu lock close you are NOT even suppose to sell Dev Edition once unlocked

#67 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yup. Warranty issues I'm a little torn on. I mean if I unlock it and the screen dies, that's not exactly related. But anyway, let's not go there. This is wild for those who have retail devices that want them unlocked.

#68 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yup. Warranty issues I'm a little torn on. I mean if I unlock it and the screen dies, that's not exactly related. But anyway, let's not go there. This is wild for those who have retail devices that want them unlocked.

Agreed... On all comments made...lol.

#69 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Folks fyi beside 2 builds from Hashcode there is NO ROMs built for the Dev edition devices only. That said any ROM built for use with SS will work, however to use it you need to manually Mount /system in TWRP before flashing the ROM. If you dont it will fail most likely.

As for the recovery Hashcode has them done already and has for awhile for us Dev edition owner. Go to his Goo.im page and download the *.img file and flash it using fastboot.

Dumb question but how do I fast boot an.IMG File? Thanks in advance
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#70 GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:GoCliffGo
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD Developer Edition, N7, X2

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

fastboot flash system -filename-.img for system

Like that but write in whatever you're flashing.

fastboot flash recovery -filename-.img and so on.

#71 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

From the command line. Similar to this:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

#72 CharacterZero

CharacterZero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

I believe these instructions are valid:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#73 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Teach a man how to fish! >>

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#74 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Damn you guys rock! Thanks for the help.
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#75 pcarenza

pcarenza

Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Folks fyi beside 2 builds from Hashcode there is NO ROMs built for the Dev edition devices only. That said any ROM built for use with SS will work, however to use it you need to manually Mount /system in TWRP before flashing the ROM. If you dont it will fail most likely.

As for the recovery Hashcode has them done already and has for awhile for us Dev edition owner. Go to his Goo.im page and download the *.img file and flash it using fastboot.

Alternatively (and I have tried this myself), you can backup your current safestrap-compatible roms, install TWRP, and install these roms directly from TWRP from your backup... no system remount required. Warning: You will lose safestrap unless and until you restore a backup of the stock rom with SS on it.
  • Aixelsyd and koftheworld like this

#76 russlowe73

russlowe73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:russlowe73
  • Google+:russlowe73
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

So I am stuck on "Unlocking Phone..." Don't want to touch it. Is it done? Am I wating for something, should I try again? I am on 4.1.2 rooted. Using same machine I rooted with. Screen comes on then goes off but nothing else is happening.

EDIT: I overreacted. Its fine, takes a couple of minutes at that point but then went on.

EDIT 2 : Well crap, went into fastboot and it still says LOCKED!

make sure your SU is up to date, and busy box too, mine did the same thing, updated both and unlocked on first try.
Russ Lowe

#77 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I asked these questions somewhere but I cant find it now. Im still on ss 3.9 that wont make a difference will it because ss doesnt work anyway? Im rooted on 4.1.1 when I un lock will verizon keep bugging me to update? If so do I just use voodoo and take it.

#78 djousma

djousma

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

OK, ready to take the plunge. Haven't unlocked since the early days of Thunderbolt. Has anyone flashed CWM recovery to a XT926? I want to know that I can get from here to there. I am rooted, and on JB 4.1.2. I've downloaded the exploit, just havent run it yet.

I've been a fan of Rom Manager for a long time, just looking for others that have already done it.

#79 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I guess someone can run

But typically that code is run like this

using the Key that Moto gives you when you sign your life away. Us not having that key makes it an interesting proposition. Anyway, let's just footnote it and say "Don't relock it, there's really no reason."

OK, ready to take the plunge. Haven't unlocked since the early days of Thunderbolt. Has anyone flashed CWM recovery to a XT926? I want to know that I can get from here to there. I am rooted, and on JB 4.1.2. I've downloaded the exploit, just havent run it yet.

I've been a fan of Rom Manager for a long time, just looking for others that have already done it.

Not CWM yet, but

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#80 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,463 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yea, I'm gonna go with "don't do that". :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users