Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I got a question Im unlocked no problems. Suppose I want to sell my phone I have to sell it as an unlocked phone because the only way it will be able to get updates is from the forums. There is no way to lock phone as of yet correct.

Correct. 

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#142 markymarkmark12345

markymarkmark12345

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

i've been running a rom for quite some time, Carbon, i really enjoy this rom, except for one feature is missing. when i plug my phone into my car dock, and try to play music via google play music...it shows that the music is playing, but i get no audio from it...i use a cassette adapter that plugs into the 3.5mm jack to get the audio from my phone to my car speakers. i get notification tones and ringtones, but no other audio...google play music doesn't put out audio, and navigation doesn't speak...i have to reset my phone to get the audio to return after removing my phone from the dock.  if i leave my phone off of the dock, and just plug in the audio cable(the cassette adapter) i still get audio...the dev. of carbon has said it sounds like the phone is trying to feed the audio through the usb port. i noticed on skrilax's cm10.1 he had a sort of "car dock hack" and was wondering if this was the solution. or if there was a solution to fixing this. when i'm on another rom, slimbean, the audio works just fine.

#143 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Open to suggestions ...

I've about had it with 4.2.2-based ROMs and am looking for recommendations on a 4.12 ROM for the Razr HD Maxx.  The issues with BT are just killing me -- random re-boots and locks-up requiring a simulated battery pull to get her back on-line.  Tried AOKP, Xenon, Axiom, Skrilax CM10.1 (6/30 - 7/8), with N3X kernels and without.  All a no-go.  CM10.1 works wonderfully on thje Ford Gen 1 Sync system on my Fusion, but now that I've gone to  a newer Gen2-based Taurus with greater BT capabilities, 4.22 will not play nicely.  Stock 4.2.1-based ROMs seem to work nicely on the new BT rig (Flying Jelly and Moto Stock 4.1.2).  While flying Jelly is nice -- it just does not have the level of UI customization I want.  Eclipse Resurrection is perfect, but after a few hours it gets EXTREMELY laggy requiring a re-boot.  (Anyone know of a different Kernel I could try w/ Eclipse?)

Anyhow -- what 4.2.1-based ROM have you fine folks tried and are so impressed that you are willing to stand-up as a reference or maybe even bequeath them loads of money in your will!!   :D

Thanks!! 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#144 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

There has got to be something I am doing different on Eclipse I dont expirence the lag. I remember what lag was before we got unlocked and got recovery. I also have a Note2 and it is faster but not by leaps and bounds. Im just like 1.3 came out the box. Maybe try a clean install if you havent already. I know what you mean about the 4.2.2 stuff and the other stock roms just dont make it. I tried them all too.

#145 bigbarrel

bigbarrel

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Open to suggestions ...

I've about had it with 4.2.2-based ROMs and am looking for recommendations on a 4.12 ROM for the Razr HD Maxx.  The issues with BT are just killing me -- random re-boots and locks-up requiring a simulated battery pull to get her back on-line.  Tried AOKP, Xenon, Axiom, Skrilax CM10.1 (6/30 - 7/8), with N3X kernels and without.  All a no-go.  CM10.1 works wonderfully on thje Ford Gen 1 Sync system on my Fusion, but now that I've gone to  a newer Gen2-based Taurus with greater BT capabilities, 4.22 will not play nicely.  Stock 4.2.1-based ROMs seem to work nicely on the new BT rig (Flying Jelly and Moto Stock 4.1.2).  While flying Jelly is nice -- it just does not have the level of UI customization I want.  Eclipse Resurrection is perfect, but after a few hours it gets EXTREMELY laggy requiring a re-boot.  (Anyone know of a different Kernel I could try w/ Eclipse?)

Anyhow -- what 4.2.1-based ROM have you fine folks tried and are so impressed that you are willing to stand-up as a reference or maybe even bequeath them loads of money in your will!!   :D

Thanks!! 

I'm having the same problem.  Whenever I use my BT headset my phone either reboots or locks up.  This has got to be a kernel problem.  I believe the kernel tells your ROM how to operate things like BT.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?

#146 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm having the same problem.  Whenever I use my BT headset my phone either reboots or locks up.  This has got to be a kernel problem.  I believe the kernel tells your ROM how to operate things like BT.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I ditched 4.2.2-based ROMs and just went with Eclipse v1.4 and applied Crossbreeder Mod (7/2).  Eclipse v1.4 is a 4.2.1-based ROM and works fabulously!  BT issues are a thing of the past with this ROM and previous lag issues I had with v1.3 are no longer there.  It's a very nice ROM which uses Nova launcher (my favorite).  Very worth a try!!

Eclipse ROM v1.4 --  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Crossbreeder MOD --  

I'm sitting pat on this for a few months and then try 4.2.2 again once the devs sort it out.

Note:  I think those reporting no issues with BT and 4.22 are using an older kernel, their use profile is different, or the device they are pairing with is less "finnicky".  I was running 4.22-based CM10.1 Skrilax (6/23) for weeks in a 2010 Ford Fusion Gen1 MySync system and everything worked fine.  Went to 2013 Taurus with a Gen2 My Ford Touch sync and all hell broke loose with the same setup that worked in the Fusion.  Tried various releases of CM10.1, Xenon, Axiom, AOKP, and various kernels, with no success.  Installed the 4.1.2-based Eclipse ROM and all was working perfectly.  

BTW -- FlyingJelly is a 4.1.2-based ROM and worked just fine, as well.  I just liked Eclipse better. 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#147 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Rip I'm with you been on Eclipse since it came out tried all the 4.2.2 bad data was problem for me not in real strong SIG area. I just download cross I don't notice much difference what should I notice.

#148 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Rip I'm with you been on Eclipse since it came out tried all the 4.2.2 bad data was problem for me not in real strong SIG area. I just download cross I don't notice much difference what should I notice.

Eclipse is pretty highly optimized as is, but with X-Breeder I've noticed a bit of an increase in battery life and applications launch a bit quicker.  It made a noticeable difference in my application launch time for my "Enhanced E-Mail" app used for corporate e-mails.  YMMV, but it certainly does not hurt.  If you read the X-Breeder thread I posted, you'll see it is a VERY complex process that frankly is WAY above my head.  The end result is that it it makes more memory available so application functions/requests are not blocked therefore reducing LAG.  With newer ROMs and phones, the amount of tangible improvement is getting harder to see, but I'm seeing it on a few apps.  

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#149 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks it does just seem a bit snappier its all good. Is your Google inverted mine is not or am I missing crap lol.

#150 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I ditched 4.2.2-based ROMs and just went with Eclipse v1.4 and applied Crossbreeder Mod (7/2). Eclipse v1.4 is a 4.2.1-based ROM and works fabulously! BT issues are a thing of the past with this ROM and previous lag issues I had with v1.3 are no longer there. It's a very nice ROM which uses Nova launcher (my favorite). Very worth a try!!

Eclipse ROM v1.5 --

Crossbreeder MOD --

I'm sitting pat on this for a few months and then try 4.2.2 again once the devs sort it out.

Note: I think those reporting no issues with BT and 4.22 are using an older kernel, their use profile is different, or the device they are pairing with is less "finnicky". I was running 4.22-based CM10.1 Skrilax (6/23) for weeks in a 2010 Ford Fusion Gen1 MySync system and everything worked fine. Went to 2013 Taurus with a Gen2 My Ford Touch sync and all hell broke loose with the same setup that worked in the Fusion. Tried various releases of CM10.1, Xenon, Axiom, AOKP, and various kernels, with no success. Installed the 4.1.2-based Eclipse ROM and all was working perfectly.

BTW -- FlyingJelly is a 4.1.2-based ROM and worked just fine, as well. I just liked Eclipse better.

It's Eclipse V1.4 not V1.5

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#151 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's Eclipse V1.4 not V1.5

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Correct v1.4 not 1.5

Next on my list -- a backlit computer keyboard.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#152 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I saw that and got all excited thought we were getting another update lol.

#153 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thanks it does just seem a bit snappier its all good. Is your Google inverted mine is not or am I missing crap lol.

Yes -- Google Now is Inverted.  I just re-flashed the Inverted apps after the ROM install and setup using the ZIP located here ...

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#154 Robtobular

Robtobular

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

My computer won't recognize my SD card on my Razr Maxx HD... I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the phone twice. How can I get RAGEHD on my SD Card to flash the ROM? I can view the SD card contents on my phone with ES file explorer no problem.

Any ideas?

#155 Anon5978

Anon5978

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

My computer won't recognize my SD card on my Razr Maxx HD... I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the phone twice. How can I get RAGEHD on my SD Card to flash the ROM? I can view the SD card contents on my phone with ES file explorer no problem.

Any ideas?

Many Roms are having this problem with pc not recognizing phone, the solution I have seen the most is to reboot the phone while leaving it plugged in to the computer. If it sees your phone but you can't do anything with files try turning on usb debugging

Also, plugging the phone in just to move the file is more work, use the file explorer and just move the Rom file to your sd card

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• neckchop likes this

#156 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Is there a list of roms that will work with locked bootloader through safestrap? I assume the rom would have to use the same kernel as the .79 update I'm on? Thanks! For that matter if locked bootloader and rooted in .79 update can I even install safestrap?

#157 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Well ...

I'm back on Skrilax CM10.1 -- 7/28 nightly, and it appears the BT issues are resolved. I am finally able to pair my phone and use all BT phone and BT Audio functions on my 2013 MyFord Touch SYNC system w/o a lock-up or re-boot/hang! Woohoo!!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#158 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well ...

I'm back on Skrilax CM10.1 (7/28) nightly and it appears the BT issues are resolved.  I am finally able to pair my phone and use all BT phone and BT Audio functions on my 2013 MyFord Touch SYNC system w/o a lock-up or re-boot/hang!  .  Woohoo!!!
And everything else works to it would a midracle

#159 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'll post up with results once I give it a thorough run through.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#160 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'll post up with results once I give it a thorough run through.

Could you test usb connection after charging with a non data cable?

Bluetooth and that bug are the only thing keeping me from romming again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users