• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 discgolfdc

discgolfdc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD (XT926M)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hi. Like many here, I have successfully unlocked my XT926's bootloader and was excited to start working with it, but for the moment, I've hit a bit of a snag. Hoping someone might have some insight here.

Aside from my being rooted, I've not made any other modifications to my phone. Not that there was much room for that, anyway, but I do know that some people were/are using Safestrap 3.12 for partitions. I had SS installed on my phone, but wasn't really doing anything with it. It was active, but no partitions were laid down. Anyway, when 4.1.2 hit, it interfered with SS in the respect that SS couldn't even start. I eventually wound up simply uninstalling SS, and that was that.

Now, here I am trying to install TWRP recovery, and after I unlocked my bootloader, I attempted to go into Recovery mode after what I thought was a successful install, and what I got, instead, was the android lying on his back with the exclamation point in the red triangle. I wasn't sure what the heck that was all about, so I went back to the original 4.1.2 package (the sbf/xml from droiddevelopers), extracted the stock recovery, then flashed that back with fastboot. Attempting to go to recovery mode after that yielded the same result. Dead android with exclamation point in red triangle.

I've noticed that some of the instructions for installing TWRP involve renaming an original recovery.sh file that is supposedly located in /system/etc, but I've noticed that no such file exists on my device. I don't know if Safestrap somehow sequesters the original recovery file, or even if Safestrap does anything at all with the recovery. I imagine it does, but I'm not as savvy in this department as I'd like to be.

I guess that my question is two-fold:

(1) Without having done anything "wilder and crazier" (which I haven't) to my phone than installing Safestrap 3.12 (and having since uninstalled), is there some reason why my "recovery.sh" file would otherwise have mysteriously disappeared?

(2) With my situation being what it is and having re-flashed the stock recovery from the original image, is there any way at this point to get my phone to recognize it and enter recovery mode successfully?

In a bit of a pickle. I've done absolutely nothing at all after unlocking the bootloader other than try to install TWRP.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

When you get the android lying down what happens when you hit both volume buttons on that screen??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 tmyinc

tmyinc

Resident Insomniac

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Twitter:TMYINC
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr M, GN2, Nexus 10

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

If you get a chance jump in the chat room.

#4 dion1200

dion1200

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr hd

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

My RAZR is doing the same thing can you help?

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

Give more specifics - are you unlocked? - what have you tried? etc

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Here's what's happening. Once you flash twrp, you must immediately follow these directions:

O) disconnect phone from usb
O) turn off phone
O) hold volume up and down, and press power
O) volume down to recovery, volume up to select

Once twrp loads for the first time it'll stop the system from overwriting it. After that you won't have any issues.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Non potest esse nisi unus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users