HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think, i'll stay @ Eternity hot plug....or maybe flash the Leak. But than there's no way to flash Customs. Hard Day for German Users ;)
But let's stop the OT here.

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#762 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

:ph34r:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#763 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Ok, I'll now say all the issues I've had with this rom. I can't use gmail or play store. Yes, I did flash the dark gapps zip. They just force close. Connectivity is weird, but that' with most if not all ics roms. Youtube is unusable. The audio is fine, but the video laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggsssssssssssssssss. I've tried the youtube app and in browser. That's about it. Battery has been a little weak on my razr maxx, but I just flashed the rom so I will give it the benefit of the doubt

#764 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Ok, I'll now say all the issues I've had with this rom. I can't use gmail or play store. Yes, I did flash the dark gapps zip. They just force close. Connectivity is weird, but that' with most if not all ics roms. Youtube is unusable. The audio is fine. But the video laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggsssssssssssssssss. I've tried the youtube app and in browser. That's about it. Battery has been a little weak on my razr maxx, but I just flashed the rom so I will give it the benefit of the doubt

uhh, if you wiped and flashed the rom, booted up and completed device setup, then rebooted back into recovery "wiping cache and dalvik" then flashing dark-gapps-ics... you will have a fully functional rom. with the exception of video recording/playback.

as for youtube, open the app, hit menu and choose settings, general, and enable HQ playback, which will fix the video lag. :ph34r:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#765 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

K guys, decided to update the clip showing how to Toggle data after boot. I have added Annotations to make this method as simple as possible, and its effective 99.9% of the time!
( shown on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

• dbroad2007, vtwinbmx and zeckert420 like this

Posted Image

#766 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

New build is perfect no data drops. Follow op and you will have no issues. I run 3g all day
  • andlaw likes this

vtc.png

#767 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

uhh, if you wiped and flashed the rom, booted up and completed device setup, then rebooted back into recovery "wiping cache and dalvik" then flashing dark-gapps-ics... you will have a fully functional rom. with the exception of video recording/

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]as for youtube, open the app, hit menu and choose settings, general, and enable HQ playback, which will fix the video lag. [/font] :ph34r:

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2 [/font]

I thought I did, but I just did a factory reset, reflashed, wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the google apps zip, and they're still quitting on start

#768 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

I thought I did, but I just did a factory reset, reflashed, wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the google apps zip, and they're still quitting on start

lol.... hop on chat.

*edit* and Andlaw saves the day again!

What is it about people finding it hard to follow the OP lol.. if you are getting errors, first off make sure you have the correct file, and are following the directions given in MY OP, not another post from a rip-off of my thread. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#769 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

lol.... hop on chat.

What is it about people finding it hard to follow the OP lol.. if you are getting errors, first off make sure you have the correct file, and are following the directions given in MY OP, not another post from a rip-off of my thread.

People will never learn man.

#770 HSD-Pilot

HSD-Pilot

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Current Device(s):RazR

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

I can confirm that. I wrote a couple of Tutorials for people who start flashing Roms and stuff. I realy try to make it easy to understand. But most of them only jump to the last post and ask, how they can do that, so we always have to tell them look in OP.

That's crazy :ph34r:

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

Soundcloud <> Bassgrow

#771 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

lol.... hop on chat.

What is it about people finding it hard to follow the OP lol.. if you are getting errors, first off make sure you have the correct file, and are following the directions given in MY OP, not another post from a rip-off of my thread. :ph34r:

Thanks so much. Turns out they gave me the wrong zip. Last time I trust them x(

#772 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Is the native wi-fi hotspot working? :)

#773 BPLA

BPLA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

In the installation instructions, what does (check MD5) mean?.....I'm not sure what MD5 is.
Thanks.

#774 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

In the installation instructions, what does (check MD5) mean?.....I'm not sure what MD5 is.
Thanks.

Download this from market

Load downloaded rom into box 1 copy and paste MD5 in OP run the check if they match flash away if not download again

vtc.png

#775 dbroad2007

dbroad2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

Is the native wi-fi hotspot working? :)

I tried it and it would never start. So I rebooted and setup the wifi tether app. Thats works perfect! Streamed about 2 gigs of data watching Netflix on my tab 7.7 :) .. I can save on data since i only have the 2 gig plan with verizon, but use at least 30 to 40 gigs from my unlimited verizon phone plan while tethering. Been with em for 2 years now and no complaints or extra charges..

#776 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

I tried it and it would never start. So I rebooted and setup the wifi tether app. Thats works perfect! Streamed about 2 gigs of data watching Netflix on my tab 7.7 :) .. I can save on data since i only have the 2 gig plan with verizon, but use at least 30 to 40 gigs from my unlimited verizon phone plan while tethering. Been with em for 2 years now and no complaints or extra charges..

Same here.Maybe andlaw can tell us something about it.
Is it normal for BW to reboot in recovery every single time?

#777 BPLA

BPLA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Download this from market

Load downloaded rom into box 1 copy and paste MD5 in OP run the check if they match flash away if not download again

Ok Thanks.....But I already installed the ROM without doing this and it works fine...What is this for?

#778 dbroad2007

dbroad2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Same here.Maybe andlaw can tell us something about it.
Is it normal for BW to reboot in recovery every single time?

Yes it is normal for it to do that. In the long run you will love it! at first I was like, wtf! But then when I screwed up my rom and it went straight into the recovery I loved it lol!

It is just a safety net in case something does go wrong you can go back to a backup or re flash something else.

#779 dbroad2007

dbroad2007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

So far I am liking this Rom with the black Gapps flashed. Data is fine, and I am in a 4G spot everywhere I go, which is great! The only thing is yes I have had to do the toggle for 4G every reboot, but thats fine for now.

I can't wait until we have a Perfect ICS ROM from andlaw! For now I can do without video playback and HDMI out to my big screen lol. I just grab my GTab for that :D !!!

Thanks for the work DEVS!!

#780 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Ok Thanks.....But I already installed the ROM without doing this and it works fine...What is this for?

Just to make sure you have a good download sometimes you can get a bad one. Never have with andlaw's roms but it could happen

vtc.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DARK AOKP, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS 4.0.4, Spyder, Custom ROM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users