n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:TexasRules777
  • Google+:srwesterman@gmail.com
  • LocationAustin,TX

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Unless you have a torrent client for your phone, which there are a few of out there.

pretty much

Thanks and Thanks! :)

#802 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

:( did every step, then goes to reboot showing green guy installing...then in the middle like 30% post the mark...shows triangle with Exclamation mark..and then reboots from there... when phone bootsup ...no change...same old ROM.... did i miss anything??

I just got this exact thing. Trying to figure it out. Thinking it may have something to do with either root or a bad zip file.

#803 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

2a) If you plan to have root after the update, make sure you have voodoo OTA Rootkeeper protecting your root before proceeding.

Okay, I'm about ready to pull the trigger. But just want to be clear on step 2a. In Voodoo, we just opt to "Protect Root" (but NOT click on "Temp. un-root"), correct?

So far, I've RSD back to .744, OTA to .748 then OTA to .173. I've got Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper installed with "Protect Root" selected. I've not installed either bootstrapper nor safestrap since going back and then OTA up to .173. Installing ES File Explorer and Rom Manger after I've posted this.

Once I've got the zip and crc in cache, looks like I'm ready to go ... unless I'm overlooking something obvious.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#804 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Well this is lame, I keep getting "Installation Aborted" in stock recovery. First I'm gonna try a data wipe and then if need be, RSD to bone stock. PITA! Weird thing I will note. Every time my install fails, when I boot back up, the zip and crc are gone from my /cache folder. Is my phone clearing it?

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#805 smilesuhas

smilesuhas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

yea it cleared my cache folder too, after the installation aborted.

Shhh...leave no trace behind

#806 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Niiccceee

#807 MartyChubbs

MartyChubbs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationThe Ghetto, Minnesota

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I just went back to 173, no special recovery installed. After ROM manger reboots, it just boots up no changes? No install progress at all... What's wrong...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I (aka Mr. Chubbs aka Marty "The Wad" Chubbs aka Knot Mehreelname ) accept no liability for the content of this post. I basically made it all up as I was typing...

#808 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

RSD'ing back to oldskool to try a fresh install. Thank you all involved for getting me this far. I hope within the next few hours I can join in with the official ICS crew ;-)

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#809 Logger26

Logger26

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPlatteville

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

Downloading now! I have tried ROMS based on ICS and I can't wait to see the real thing :)

#810 droidbionicroot

droidbionicroot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:droidbionicroot

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I just went back to 173, no special recovery installed. After ROM manger reboots, it just boots up no changes? No install progress at all... What's wrong...

Are you sure you used fastboot. RSD and go complete stock. That normally is what causes the installation to abort.

#811 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

yea it cleared my cache folder too, after the installation aborted.

Shhh...leave no trace behind

Well this is lame, I keep getting "Installation Aborted" in stock recovery. First I'm gonna try a data wipe and then if need be, RSD to bone stock. PITA! Weird thing I will note. Every time my install fails, when I boot back up, the zip and crc are gone from my /cache folder. Is my phone clearing it?

Did you guys rename it?
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#812 terrym041

terrym041

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:@TMohrland

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Can someone please explain to me how i get the torrent files to my cache folder on my phone

#813 Logger26

Logger26

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPlatteville

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Can someone please explain to me how i get the torrent files to my cache folder on my phone

Use the ES File Explorer

#814 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Im having trouble i used rsd to flash back to. 744 than did the ota to the current stock rooted using windows fail installed es file manager, rom manager. After i downloded the torrent i put the. Cc and zip file in the cache clicked on the zip and choose open with rom manager the update starts but aborts after 10 seconds. Any body know what could be wrong thanks in advance

#815 jonstal

jonstal

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@jonstal

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Yeah getting installation aborted also :/

#816 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Use the ES File Explorer

u have to go in es explore settings an beside mount and write plus root explore u must also click on up to root

#817 pdgillmore

pdgillmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:budy08
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Device(s):DROID MAXX

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

got it downloaded and uploaded to phone this is great.

#818 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

My installation went fine, but Voodoo won't restore my root access. It tells me it has, but when I try to run ROM Toolbox it tells me it can't get root. So I went into Superuser and tried to update it, but it gives me the following error message:

Checking installed version: Legacy
Fixing database: okay!
Checking for busybox: okay!
Checking current install path: failed!

Failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue.

I rooted using the Razr Utility. I'm going to RSD back to stock and try to use Motofail directly and see if that makes any difference (can't see why it would, but worth a shot).

Sent From Optimus Prime

:-D :-D

#819 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Did you guys rename it?

i thought they were already renamed

#820 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

My installation went fine, but Voodoo won't restore my root access. It tells me it has, but when I try to run ROM Toolbox it tells me it can't get root. So I went into Superuser and tried to update it, but it gives me the following error message:

Checking installed version: Legacy
Fixing database: okay!
Checking for busybox: okay!
Checking current install path: failed!

Failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue.

I rooted using the Razr Utility. I'm going to RSD back to stock and try to use Motofail directly and see if that makes any difference (can't see why it would, but worth a shot).

Sent From Optimus Prime

Strange thing for me was when leak first came out I used matts utility 1.4 to root and install vooodo, got to ics and voodo wouldnt restore root. back to 144 upgraded to 173 and then used matts utility 1.5 to root and install voodo rootkeeper and I was able to keep root. I used 1.5 again to root and install voodo and it worked for me, Could be a coincedence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users