same here...assert error

#842 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Well for some people it is "OTA.ICS.BUILD.6.14.75.XT912.zip" it depends. Just make sure its renamed correctly.

the folder there in says that but the files say the correct thing. Before mine reboots its saying signature verification error during the installation

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#843 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

the folder there in says that but the files say the correct thing. Before mine reboots its saying signature verification error during the installation

You are using ES file manager to install right? You have to press the zip file in cache and open in ROM Manager. I haven't tried this yet so I can not relate. :(
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#844 chrispowers

chrispowers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Please someone help me I literaly have a stress headache from tryin to get this working..
1st off I tried the Cheescake method yesterday , which I found on another site.so i did not see it was not working. I seem to have been able to get back to the stock server, when try to go to system update it does now tell me i need to set up moto id but i click set up and it tells me no updates available. then I deleted cheesecake.
I followed everything to the letter in the instructions , when i click on the zip it does give me the option to open with rom manager..then it reboots..i see the android with the exclamation..then in about 20 secs it boots up into my same old rom.
I redownloaded the file and tried all over again but still the same problem. im rooted ..system version is 6.12.173.xt912.Verizon.en.us and i am using es file explorer to open the file from the cache folder..i am stumped.

#845 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

You are using ES file manager to install right? You have to press the zip file in cache and open in ROM Manager. I haven't tried this yet so I can not relate.

yep followed directions. Guess when i get off ill rsd back to . 744 again then ota up to current then try it again

#846 Phungusamongus

Phungusamongus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Perfect!...had to down grade to stock .744,,,after everything I put my phone through, wasn't gonna chance a maybe. Installed VooDoo...kept root...awesome work..and thanks for letting us leach your knowledge.

#847 Phungusamongus

Phungusamongus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Please someone help me I literaly have a stress headache from tryin to get this working..
1st off I tried the Cheescake method yesterday , which I found on another site.so i did not see it was not working. I seem to have been able to get back to the stock server, when try to go to system update it does now tell me i need to set up moto id but i click set up and it tells me no updates available. then I deleted cheesecake.
I followed everything to the letter in the instructions , when i click on the zip it does give me the option to open with rom manager..then it reboots..i see the android with the exclamation..then in about 20 secs it boots up into my same old rom.
I redownloaded the file and tried all over again but still the same problem. im rooted ..system version is 6.12.173.xt912.Verizon.en.us and i am using es file explorer to open the file from the cache folder..i am stumped.

Honestly...after seeing posts either way..."easy install"..."this isn't working"...just do what I did...go back to bare rear end square one...rooted stock .744...root...install VooDoo...protect root...upgrade to .748..then to .173...then install es File Manager...Rom Manager....Move files to cache...and it worked absolutely perfect for me...

#848 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Honestly...after seeing posts either way..."easy install"..."this isn't working"...just do what I did...go back to bare rear end square one...rooted stock .744...root...install VooDoo...protect root...upgrade to .748..then to .173...then install es File Manager...Rom Manager....Move files to cache...and it worked absolutely perfect for me...

I didnt even do that. I just used utility and flashed back to 173, and installed voodoo through 173 before dowlnoaded es manager, rom manager and root explorer. Moved to cache and installed using es manager. the used terminal emulator to restore root.
Droid RAZR Rooted

#849 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

I didnt even do that. I just used utility and flashed back to 173, and installed voodoo through 173 before dowlnoaded es manager, rom manager and root explorer. Moved to cache and installed using es manager. the used terminal emulator to restore root.

Thus is what i did and was unable to restore root last night. I guess I'll have to fastboot and start over.

#850 chrispowers

chrispowers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

Something else im noticing when I get to the step of opening in rom manager it tells me it is rebooting into clockworkmod recovery..i notice in the OP it says not to use this..how do i prevent this?..i reinstalled rom manager and its still happening.

#851 ldaswf

ldaswf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

HOW ABOUT IT?

#852 AndroidOL

AndroidOL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Thanks!!!!
My English is bad....sorry~

#853 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Something else im noticing when I get to the step of opening in rom manager it tells me it is rebooting into clockworkmod recovery..i notice in the OP it says not to use this..how do i prevent this?..i reinstalled rom manager and its still happening.

Did you install CWM?

#854 swiftmazda

swiftmazda

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

As long as you didn't install Clockworkmod Recovery, you're fine. ROM Manager will say that it is rebooting into Clockworkmod Recovery because it thinks it is going to, but it will actually reboot into stock recovery and install the update. It's alright to hit ok at the dialog box as long as you didn't install the recovery.

Basically, ROM Manager just assumes that everyone running it has installed Clockworkmod Recovery.

#855 raclimja

raclimja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

i successfully upgraded my droid razr to this ICS and i really like it

though, flash player seems to be broken as i can't watch any livestream from own3d.tv or twitch.tv

can someone fix it?

tnx

#856 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

i successfully upgraded my droid razr to this ICS and i really like it

though, flash player seems to be broken as i can't watch any livestream from own3d.tv or twitch.tv

can someone fix it?

tnx

I'm not sure that flash is supported with 4.0.3 at least when i tried to install flash it said it wasn't supported. I'm using chrome anyways.

#857 downey1971

downey1971

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

I notice that people are having the same problem I was having, like was said before, you have to go into the menu on es file explorer and tell it up to root, but after I did that it still showed that the cache folder was empty, here is what I did to fix that, using root explorer I went to the cache folder and changed the permission, I checked ever box in the permission and then when I used es to open the cache folder it would show me all the files in it. Now I also think this is what was happening some of you too, cause it happen to me. If you did not change the permission in the cache folder but you did tell es to show up to root and then you saw the update zip taped it and told it to open with rom manager and then it looked like it was installing but did not go all the way through, what happened here was the zip file that you saw was the copy that you put in your sd folder not the copy that was in the cache or at least that was what happened to me. Try the steps above and should work and it also did NOT erase any of my files or setting, it worked just like an ota update from Verizon. Let me know if this works for anyone.

#858 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

You guys are amazing. I took your advice and held off until someone had a method that would yeild more consistent results. It couldn't have gone smoother. I'll post Screens Shots when I get home. :)

#859 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Did you install CWM?

You do not install CWM. just install the ROM Manager and don't do anything.

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#860 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

For those having issues. Please do not post here saying you're having XYZ problem until you've done the following:

1) Use RSD and go back to 744 or 173 depending what files you have available. I would say use Matt's utility but there are too many versions floating around and some people are having hit or miss results with it. My guess is people are using the wrong options when using it. As RSD has no options for you and will just blanket nuke everything, I suggest that route.

2) You have executed a factory wipe immediately before or after the above step. I'm sorry. But whatever issues you're having could be related to your current setup and/or data. Get rid of it and start over.

3) You have re-read and COMPLETELY understand the steps listed in the OP. There are many people asking questions that have answers clearly stated in the OP.
  • Aixelsyd, MrFrankRazr and TheRuKiss like this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users