1349 replies to this topic

#1261 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Is there a way (with boot loader possibly?) to have stock, a second ROM (in my case Axiom), and also ICS? I'd like to load ICS but not lose my ROM....
Or, by using Safestrap can I create a full backup of my ROM and restore to it when needed, or is Safestrap only for stock?

Thanks.

Not at the moment as that would require 2 different kernels. Once axiom gets updated to the 3.0.8 kernel then yes. SS also needs an update to be ICS compatible.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#1262 kn0wsk1ll

kn0wsk1ll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

how do i disable razr bootstrap for install?

#1263 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I've had the leak running on my MAXX since day one. Has anybody noticed their phone running real sluggish after being on for a couple days without a reboot? Mine gets so bad, that the keyboard can't even keep up with my input, and it eventually freezes for a few secs then picks back up, and I'm a slow typer. I keep a check on memory levels, and close apps that I'm not using. I usually just keep 1 to 2 apps running at a time. After a reboot, everything goes back to normal. Just wondering if anybody knows something I can do other than rebooting when this happens. I've never had this issue with GB. Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#1264 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Anybody know how to turn off animations on the screen like on GB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#1265 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

under setting developer options. You can even speed them up or slow them down. Sorry, replied to wrong post. Was replying to Kemo91. My bad.
Posted Image

#1266 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Anybody know how to turn off animations on the screen like on GB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

. Under settings, developer options.
Posted Image

#1267 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've had the leak running on my MAXX since day one. Has anybody noticed their phone running real sluggish after being on for a couple days without a reboot? Mine gets so bad, that the keyboard can't even keep up with my input, and it eventually freezes for a few secs then picks back up, and I'm a slow typer. I keep a check on memory levels, and close apps that I'm not using. I usually just keep 1 to 2 apps running at a time. After a reboot, everything goes back to normal. Just wondering if anybody knows something I can do other than rebooting when this happens. I've never had this issue with GB. Thanks in advance.

I have been running this the same amount of time and haven't had that issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1268 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I have been running this the same amount of time and haven't had that issue.

Hmmm... Well, I've even tried reverting back to .173 a couple times, just to see if maybe something might have went wrong during the install, but no dice. After a couple days, it goes back to lagging. I don't have many apps (maybe 10 at the most) so I don't think that could be it. Oh well, maybe I can sort it out.
Posted Image

#1269 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hmmm... Well, I've even tried reverting back to .173 a couple times, just to see if maybe something might have went wrong during the install, but no dice. After a couple days, it goes back to lagging. I don't have many apps (maybe 10 at the most) so I don't think that could be it. Oh well, maybe I can sort it out.

Nope no issues here. But i do have the Don't Keep Activities checked under Settings/Developer Options.

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

#1270 Terrigno

Terrigno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Terrigno
  • Google+:nterrigno

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

What apps are you using might I ask?

#1271 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Nope no issues here. But i do have the Don't Keep Activities checked under Settings/Developer Options.

Rooted Droid Razr ICS Leak

Ok. I`ll give that a try. I`ve seen it on there, But don`t want it to close something out that I might want to keep running. Thanks.
Posted Image

#1272 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

What apps are you using might I ask?

Beautiful widgets,tune-in radio, foxfi,chrome, es file explorer, Quadrant, Antutu, and the rest are mainly Google apps, like Drive, maps and a few others.
Posted Image

#1273 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am wondering the same thing. I need to go back to stock to get the 181 update so i decided to just install this if I have to reset. All the instructions make sense except this part. Should I just not install bootstrap after a restore and root?? If so can I install bootstrap after installing the leak??

Sorry for the noob questions... Fairly new to the Razr but not to rooting, roming...

Thanks

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1274 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I am wondering the same thing. I need to go back to stock to get the 181 update so i decided to just install this if I have to reset. All the instructions make sense except this part. Should I just not install bootstrap after a restore and root?? If so can I install bootstrap after installing the leak??

Sorry for the noob questions... Fairly new to the Razr but not to rooting, roming...

Thanks

There's a specific version of bootstrap for ICS users. As for removing bootstrap, your only option is RSD/Fastboot.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#1275 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

There's a specific version of bootstrap for ICS users. As for removing bootstrap, your only option is RSD/Fastboot.

Gotcha. Thanks. Do I need to install it after I restore/re-root before installing the leak for any reason? I can't think of one since the leak is installed through Rom manager...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1276 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Gotcha. Thanks. Do I need to install it after I restore/re-root before installing the leak for any reason? I can't think of one since the leak is installed through Rom manager...

If you want to install Bootstrap, install the leak, reroot, then install Bootstrap.

#1277 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

To make this simple you have to be on a clean 173 rooted no recovery to install this... Follow the directions the rest is history.

#1278 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

If you want to install Bootstrap, install the leak, reroot, then install Bootstrap.

Sounds good. Thanks. ICS here I come... Lol...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1279 AsosaYoung

AsosaYoung

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Twitter:OGissimO
  • LocationLong Beach, Ca

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yes after you get on ice cream you can install ice cream bootstrap

#1280 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yes after you get on ice cream you can install ice cream bootstrap

Thanks man I will... Freakin locked Bootloaders. Never had these pains with my Thunderbolt. Of course that was like running windows 98 compared to this.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users