1349 replies to this topic

#1301 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Your following the exact same process that regular OTA updates normally take, minus actually receiving them OTA so it doesn't surprise me that people have seen that popup (I got it too). I think the reason everyone hasn't seen it is because it's most likely one of the very last things programmed in, and we are seeing plenty of other bugs with this leak so someone probably didn't do it right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:-D :-D

#1302 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

Your following the exact same process that regular OTA updates normally take, minus actually receiving them OTA so it doesn't surprise me that people have seen that popup (I got it too). I think the reason everyone hasn't seen it is because it's most likely one of the very last things programmed in, and we are seeing plenty of other bugs with this leak so someone probably didn't do it right.

I didn't think sideloading it like this was the same as the regular OTA update process. I also don't understand why this is the first time that has shown up for me out of 7 other times of installing the exact same file. I'm sure it means nothing but I just wanted to see what everyone else thought about it. Thanks man!

#1303 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

Ok so this is kind of weird........

I've installed this leak about 6 or 7 times so far and have never seen this before, nor have I ever seen this with ANY leak. So I installed the ICS leak and upon rebooting, I get greeted with an OTA Update Successful popup. I've got this every single time with real OTA's but NEVER with a leak, and I've NEVER got this screen before with this leak. Check it out for yourself. Anyone else got this popup yet? Another guy in the chatroom got this message too when he installed the leak for the first time. See for yourself.

Posted Image

I have noticed it 2 out of 4 times also. Norm after a rom r update i dont mess with phone for several min, just to let it all settle down, but occasionally ill get a txt r call n mess with it sooner than i shld. Anyways, i have also not had it a few times on OTA'S

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#1304 Terrigno

Terrigno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Terrigno
  • Google+:nterrigno

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Im not. I was using Matts Utility. Will that make a difference?

Are you using rsd to revert back?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#1305 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

I can tell you I rsd back to. 173 back last night and haven't had the OTA pushed on me yet...

Sent from where I sent it from......

#1306 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Ok so this is kind of weird........

I've installed this leak about 6 or 7 times so far and have never seen this before, nor have I ever seen this with ANY leak. So I installed the ICS leak and upon rebooting, I get greeted with an OTA Update Successful popup. I've got this every single time with real OTA's but NEVER with a leak, and I've NEVER got this screen before with this leak. Check it out for yourself. Anyone else got this popup yet? Another guy in the chatroom got this message too when he installed the leak for the first time. See for yourself.

Posted Image

This doesn't happen when you sideload the update via moto recovery which is how I've had you install all of the leaks up until this one. This update tricks the phone into going through normal update procedures so that's why you're seeing it now vs before you didn't. You were simply bypassing the flag to display it in the past by using moto recovery and selecting the zip from your sdcard.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#1307 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Sorry if this was mentioned before but.... Does my Verizon not work with the leak? It won't let me log in...

#1308 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Sorry if this was mentioned before but.... Does my Verizon not work with the leak? It won't let me log in...

You must've done something wrong cause I'm having zero problems with both My Verizon and the NFL Network logging on

Sent from my Rooted Sith powered ICS RAZR

#1309 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

My verizon works great for me.

#1310 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hmm... I can log in on the browser fine but not the app... I removed it with rom toolbox and reinstalled from the market and it still doesn't let me log in...

#1311 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

I have np neither w/my verizon

#1312 arsenic1234

arsenic1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

great walkthrough for loading the leak, thx thx

#1313 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

In everyone's opinion, how long exactly will the battery glitch read more accurately? I had to power cycle my phone at battery level read at 70%...when it came back up it read 40%...I know its a known issue but was just curious how long it took to get back to normal

#1314 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

In everyone's opinion, how long exactly will the battery glitch read more accurately? I had to power cycle my phone at battery level read at 70%...when it came back up it read 40%...I know its a known issue but was just curious how long it took to get back to normal

One. Maybe 2 charges/discharges

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#1315 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Mine still does it on occasion and I've had it on here since day one.

#1316 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

It seems to be pretty random to me. I haven't been able to track down a cause. I had to reboot yesterday mid day and lost 1%. Today my phone locked up and went from 72% to 53% after reboot.

#1317 speedy0339

speedy0339

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

A question to anyone who is running the latest leak; is the gallery pinch to zoom unbearably laggy still?

#1318 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

A question to anyone who is running the latest leak; is the gallery pinch to zoom unbearably laggy still?

no its smooth and fast!

#1319 b419kid

b419kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Installed this leak. Was pretty awesome. But I have since fasbooted down to .173 again (Eclipse). I would have stayed but a few games, that I play all the time, broke. Anyone know any fixes for this yet? [Honestly, not expecting anyone to.]

-Cut the Rope: won't load any levels. <crashes>
-TempleRun: swipe issues
etc...

|3/<

#1320 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Installed this leak. Was pretty awesome. But I have since fasbooted down to .173 again (Eclipse). I would have stayed but a few games, that I play all the time, broke. Anyone know any fixes for this yet? [Honestly, not expecting anyone to.]

-Cut the Rope: won't load any levels. <crashes>
-TempleRun: swipe issues
etc...

|3/<

You did the right thing. The fixes are in the higher builds but then you are stuck there...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users