• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

#601 21chip

21chip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Iv tryed 3.2 beta 2 and 3.3  Regular Wifi does not work.

#602 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Did you change the settings? If not it wont work.

#603 21chip

21chip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Now any of my roms i had in slots that did work do not work. I also tryed kernel that is posted in this rageHD 1.1 form.

#604 tk0827

tk0827

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Now that I'm finally able to post... let me get this all out... First off, I'm really impressed with this ROM.  I just rooted/unlocked bootloader last week and have been researching which ROM to load, and finally settled on Rage.  It's been as stable as stock has been for me.  I hope it keeps getting a lot of attention, mods and builds:

Wifi Tether -- natively, it doesn't work for me in the ROM... it tries to authenticate with Verizon and bombs.  In lieu of using TrevE's wifi tether mod, I opted to download the regular Wifi Tether from the market.  The secret to getting it to work is to change the device-profile to: "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)".  I was trying the Droid Razr profile, and had no luck with it.  BTW... the lastest version of Foxfi works beautifully as well, but costs $7.99.

Adrenaline v3 Boost -- why does this have to be started manually using su in a terminal, and typing "boost"?  Is this something that can be started automatically?  Is there a way to build a "control panel" of sorts (like EOS does) to enable some of these options on boot?

Debloated -- I noticed that the ROM was debloated pretty good, but oops... NFL Mobile?  Still in there as a system app.  Same goes for VZ Backup Assistant... and a couple more Verizon specific apps.  Is there anyway these can get debloated from a future release?  I hate bloat.  :)

Goo -- I noticed that the dev spc_hicks09 is uploading builds to Goo.im... Is there any way you could please start using build numbers instead of just calling it "RageHD.zip"?  That way you can keep history, and it's easier to see if something needs to be updated.  I'm not even sure if Goo Manager is able to tell if something is new for it to prompt you that there's an update.

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Thanks,

Mike

#605 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Now that I'm finally able to post... let me get this all out... First off, I'm really impressed with this ROM.  I just rooted/unlocked bootloader last week and have been researching which ROM to load, and finally settled on Rage.  It's been as stable as stock has been for me.  I hope it keeps getting a lot of attention, mods and builds:

Wifi Tether -- natively, it doesn't work for me in the ROM... it tries to authenticate with Verizon and bombs.  In lieu of using TrevE's wifi tether mod, I opted to download the regular Wifi Tether from the market.  The secret to getting it to work is to change the device-profile to: "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)".  I was trying the Droid Razr profile, and had no luck with it.  BTW... the lastest version of Foxfi works beautifully as well, but costs $7.99.

Adrenaline v3 Boost -- why does this have to be started manually using su in a terminal, and typing "boost"?  Is this something that can be started automatically?  Is there a way to build a "control panel" of sorts (like EOS does) to enable some of these options on boot?

Debloated -- I noticed that the ROM was debloated pretty good, but oops... NFL Mobile?  Still in there as a system app.  Same goes for VZ Backup Assistant... and a couple more Verizon specific apps.  Is there anyway these can get debloated from a future release?  I hate bloat.  :)

Goo -- I noticed that the dev spc_hicks09 is uploading builds to Goo.im... Is there any way you could please start using build numbers instead of just calling it "RageHD.zip"?  That way you can keep history, and it's easier to see if something needs to be updated.  I'm not even sure if Goo Manager is able to tell if something is new for it to prompt you that there's an update.

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Thanks,
Mike

Trevs 3.2 beta 2 works as well changing a few settings. Foxfi will work but you have to encript your phone (pass word or screen unlock) that sucks.

#606 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

having FC issues with the gallery app in rage 1.1, using edit to try to crop or do anything causes it to force close.. also how can i change the default save location for the camera? it's set to internal but i don't see and option to save to SD?

#607 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

having FC issues with the gallery app in rage 1.1, using edit to try to crop or do anything causes it to force close.. also how can i change the default save location for the camera? it's set to internal but i don't see and option to save to SD?

can you please read OP? Bugs- gallery when editing 

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

• bdazzg1 and shane1 like this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#608 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

yeah my fault tldr lol .. but what about the save location for the camera?

#609 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

yeah my fault tldr lol .. but what about the save location for the camera?

haha all good it happens :p i shouldnt have said it like that haha. for 4,2,2 camera i dont think you can choose the location. correct me if im wrong

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#610 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

will wiping data erase pictures stored on internal memory? i wasn't sure, thats why i wanted to change it to external SD

#611 tk0827

tk0827

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Trevs 3.2 beta 2 works as well changing a few settings. Foxfi will work but you have to encript your phone (pass word or screen unlock) that sucks.

Yeah, due to the Exchange accounts I run on my phone, I already have it locked down... no biggie.

#612 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

will wiping data erase pictures stored on internal memory? i wasn't sure, thats why i wanted to change it to external SD

no. i believe it saves to your internal sd. internal sd doesnt get wiped

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#613 alexandreapis

alexandreapis

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

which languages ​​this rom have? works on xt925? please help me guys :'(

#614 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

you guys should grab some custom boot logos ;) get rid of that ugly red M 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

can request one too!

RAGE ON! We be taking over!

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#615 21chip

21chip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Foget Wifi tether.(Not working) I would be happy if  i could just get Reg. wifi working. I can slide the wifi slider put it moves back by itself. All 4.1.2 roms are doing that, when stock rom is on 4.1.1. Is there a work around for this? Where did the rageHD 1.0 go. I would like to got back to a working wifi?

Thanks

#616 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Sounds to me like you have some kind o kernel problem you need to be on 4.1.2 kernel I bejieve. All In have here is wifi and it works fine. Also wifi tether.

#617 21chip

21chip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

How do you install a 4.1.2 kernel in a slot and leave the stock rom at 4.1.1? I have tryed with SS in a slot and it does not take. Bootloader is still locked.

#618 21chip

21chip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Im on rageHD 1.1 with the kernel listed on first page.

#619 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

For some reason, I have found that yes, I do lose my pictures.  I also can't find a way to save to external card on this ROM (I'm open to input).  I DO use dropbox with its auto upload feature - this was I save every pic instantly.  And you can set it to upload only one wireless if that is your choice.  This way, I can flash at will and not worry about any pics / videos.

Proud father of a US Marine

#620 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

you guys should grab some custom boot logos ;) get rid of that ugly red M 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

can request one too!

RAGE ON! We be taking over!

Zoo, I've used Rom Toolbox to change boot animations and the previews show full screen - I then try them, and don't have even one show full screen.  When I adjust the size on RT, it gets to the point of just black screen, but I cannot get any version of full screen.  I must have tried 20 animations.  Your boot logos boot fine.

Any thoughts on the boot animations and size?

EDIT:  Did some searching - fixed the resolution to reco'd numbers  -  still no go.   

Proud father of a US Marine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users