Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

I finally got this running good for me I was having trouble with Browser.Google just seemed to lag terrible. Someone suggested Boat Browser and that seems to have done the trick runs much smoother now.

#622 victoryred

victoryred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx, maxx hd, samsung galaxy tab 2

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Foget Wifi tether.(Not working) I would be happy if  i could just get Reg. wifi working. I can slide the wifi slider put it moves back by itself. All 4.1.2 roms are doing that, when stock rom is on 4.1.1. Is there a work around for this? Where did the rageHD 1.0 go. I would like to got back to a working wifi?

Thanks

i have the same problem.. check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

.. i have not found a fix for it, seems it might be a hardware issue, it still does not work even after using matts 1.20  utility to revert back to 100% stock :(

#623 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

i didnt have this problem when i was running this :)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#624 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Zoo, I've used Rom Toolbox to change boot animations and the previews show full screen - I then try them, and don't have even one show full screen.  When I adjust the size on RT, it gets to the point of just black screen, but I cannot get any version of full screen.  I must have tried 20 animations.  Your boot logos boot fine.

Any thoughts on the boot animations and size?

EDIT:  Did some searching - fixed the resolution to reco'd numbers  -  still no go.   

newskate first lol my boot logos i made change the first Red M you see when you first power the phone on the still image :) but for boot animations you need the boot animation's images to be 720x1280 for them to be full screen

• secretNinja likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#625 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

newskate first lol my boot logos i made change the first Red M you see when you first power the phone on the still image :) but for boot animations you need the boot animation's images to be 720x1280 for them to be full screen

Yep, I get all that.

I was just wondering with all your nerdness glory, if you had some insight I might use.  I don't want to burden this thread but I cannot change the size of a boot animation / permissions and have it work.  I DID extract the great Fuzion boot just to see if it would work, and to learn how to do that - and it fired off with NO issues.  I've checked permissions with the ones I changed sized on, I've redownloaded them, etc.  All I get is black screen.  The original sized boots from Rom Toolbox, installed with Rom Toolbox work fine. 

So - no worries - this is just a learning exercise, everything "works" so this one is low priority and I'll just keep searching for some answer with Mr. Google!

Proud father of a US Marine

#626 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

Yep, I get all that.

I was just wondering with all your nerdness glory, if you had some insight I might use.  I don't want to burden this thread but I cannot change the size of a boot animation / permissions and have it work.  I DID extract the great Fuzion boot just to see if it would work, and to learn how to do that - and it fired off with NO issues.  I've checked permissions with the ones I changed sized on, I've redownloaded them, etc.  All I get is black screen.  The original sized boots from Rom Toolbox, installed with Rom Toolbox work fine. 

So - no worries - this is just a learning exercise, everything "works" so this one is low priority and I'll just keep searching for some answer with Mr. Google!

I was having trouble with resized Droid RAZR Maxx M stock boot animation and made a thread about it

. Things to remember are to use something like Fotosizer (or whatever it's called) to batch resize each folder, and optimize them. Then when you're ready to zip them make sure you select the folders (ie. part0, par1) and zip only them (not the folder they're in). Also, when you zip them you don't want to compress them. Choose "Store" as the option and then you should be good to go.

#627 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

I was having trouble with resized Droid RAZR Maxx M stock boot animation and made a thread about it

. Things to remember are to use something like Fotosizer (or whatever it's called) to batch resize each folder, and optimize them. Then when you're ready to zip them make sure you select the folders (ie. part0, par1) and zip only them (not the folder they're in). Also, when you zip them you don't want to compress them. Choose "Store" as the option and then you should be good to go.

HEY - thank for checking in!  I'll check out your thread - question though, shouldn't ROM Toolbox do all that?  It would seem to be saying it does by the menu selections it offers.  In fact, when I preview the Ani's while it toolbox, they ARE full screen.  Even the smaller ones, are showing previews as full screen. 

If it continues to not work, I think my next learning will to be to update the ani as you're suggesting and give it a go.

EDIT:  Using RT, I did find a 740/1280 size ani, and it boot looped me.  so, back to drawing board!

#628 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

I was having trouble with resized Droid RAZR Maxx M stock boot animation and made a thread about it here. Things to remember are to use something like Fotosizer (or whatever it's called) to batch resize each folder, and optimize them. Then when you're ready to zip them make sure you select the folders (ie. part0, par1) and zip only them (not the folder they're in). Also, when you zip them you don't want to compress them. Choose "Store" as the option and then you should be good to go.

HEY - thank for checking in! I'll check out your thread - question though, shouldn't ROM Toolbox do all that? It would seem to be saying it does by the menu selections it offers. In fact, when I preview the Ani's while it toolbox, they ARE full screen. Even the smaller ones, are showing previews as full screen.

If it continues to not work, I think my next learning will to be to update the ani as you're suggesting and give it a go.

There's a desc.txt that has the instructions. It's best to edit it yourself especially if the pictures aren't the same ratio as what you want. This is what the RAZR M's looks like after I got done with it:

# 720 wide, 1280 tall 15 frames per second
720 1280 15

# p means we're defining a part
# first number is repeat count, 0 means infinite
# second number is delay in frames before performing the next part
# so if you are playing 15 frames a second 15 would be... one second
# string defines the directory to load files from
# files will be loaded in order but names don't matter

# s defines a sound for a part
# sounds will be loaded from /system/media
# oggs with loop points will loop automatically
# only one sound will play at a time
# timing is driven by the part, not the sounds
# if you want no sound, leave blank

# intro
p 1 0 01_intro
s droidsm.ogg

# loop
p 0 0 02_loop

It used to be 540x960 (same 16:9 ratio). ROM Toolbox doesn't resize the pics or edit both screen values as seen above. Also, I tried using ROM Toolbox for the M boot animation and ended up having to wipe to get even the stock animation to show again.

If you have anymore questions about this go to my thread and post. I'm sure BigDaddy doesn't appreciate people getting off topic.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  • newskate9 likes this

#629 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

yep, back to your regularly scheduled programming......... thanks for the help!!

#630 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Are there plans to revert the camera to a version that allows you to save to SD?  Also, about the gallery FC...  Why is it a bug?  If this is based on the stock Moto ROM and running to stock Moto kernel, what happened in version 1.1 that broke these basic things?

Just curious.

#631 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Are there plans to revert the camera to a version that allows you to save to SD?  Also, about the gallery FC...  Why is it a bug?  If this is based on the stock Moto ROM and running to stock Moto kernel, what happened in version 1.1 that broke these basic things?

Just curious.

It's the 4.2.2 camera

Sent from my UNLOCKED DROID RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#632 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Just curious.

Because it's a 4.2.2 camera and gallery running on a 4.1.2 build. Yes there are plans to revert back to the stock moto camera and gallery.

#633 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

Because it's a 4.2.2 camera and gallery running on a 4.1.2 build. Yes there are plans to revert back to the stock moto camera and gallery.

Awesome.  I am all for having the latest and greatest, but only if it works better, which in this case it doesn't.  hehe

#634 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Awesome.  I am all for having the latest and greatest, but only if it works better, which in this case it doesn't.  hehe

Ummm ok. Delete it then.

• bdazzg1 and zooyork0721 like this

#635 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Ummm ok. Delete it then.

Lol

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  • zooyork0721 likes this

#636 mikepfly2

mikepfly2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Been running this since Saturday, not a single FC and currently on hour 37 and still have 20% remaining of battery life with normal use (3 hours of screen on time, all radios, GPS, BT, Wifi on).

Followed newskate9's instructions (

)

and it worked great (only thing I'd emphasize is follow the onscreen instructions regarding the bootloader, I didn't catch it was an app you had to run on your phone the first time I ran it from Matt's utility).  I also mounted my system based on other peoples comments and it worked (not sure if its necessary or not). 

So far extremely pleased with this ROM. The battery of the Maxx was great but this ROM makes it ridiculously awesome.

• zooyork0721 likes this

#637 bmoresbest55

bmoresbest55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

So do I just wipe and flash the rom or do I have to flash the kernel, the RageHD.zip and then put the non-flashable apks in the system/apps folder. I tried to find more detailed instructions but cannot seem to find them. Any help? Thanks in advance.

#638 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

So do I just wipe and flash the rom or do I have to flash the kernel, the RageHD.zip and then put the non-flashable apks in the system/apps folder. I tried to find more detailed instructions but cannot seem to find them. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Are you coming from a previous version of RageHD? If so, just wipe cache and dalvik. If not, wipe everything.

Flash the kernel, flash the ROM, reboot.

Then add in whatever debloated apks you want. All of this is spelled out in the OP. 

#639 bmoresbest55

bmoresbest55

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Are you coming from a previous version of RageHD? If so, just wipe cache and dalvik. If not, wipe everything.

Then add in whatever debloated apks you want. All of this is spelled out in the OP. 

I am coming from the stock motorola rom on 4.1.2. Never installed a previous version of RageHD. So the steps are as follows.

1. Backup everything

2. Wipe everything (except sdcard)

3. Flash the kernel (even being while already on 4.1.2?)

4. Flash the rom (RageHD.zip)

5. Add debloated apks (if I want to)

Is all of this correct?

Thanks for the help. I just do not want to screw anything up. Already did that once and had to flash everything back with RSDLite.

#640 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

I am coming from the stock motorola rom on 4.1.2. Never installed a previous version of RageHD. So the steps are as follows.
1. Backup everything
2. Wipe everything (except sdcard)
3. Flash the kernel (even being while already on 4.1.2?)
4. Flash the rom (RageHD.zip)
5. Add debloated apks (if I want to)
Is all of this correct?
Thanks for the help. I just do not want to screw anything up. Already did that once and had to flash everything back with RSDLite.

That is exactly correct :) Happy flashing!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users