859 replies to this topic

#821 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've been running this ROmm for a few weeks now. Works great - much faster than stock, battery life is better - nicely debloated. I wiped everything before flashing. I have Kernel 3.0.31-ge491d6d - which was already there as I was running android 4.1.2.

I have one problem - the screen never times out and goes to sleep. If I don't hit the power button to turn off the screen, it'll stay alive forever.

I don't have "stay awake" checked - and I have it SET to turn the screen off after 30 seconds of inactivity. But an hour can go by and it stays alive...

Anyone have any solution? This is the ONLY issue I have with it - and it's probably not even the ROM itself. It's probably something I did!

Format the phone, make sure you include to format the system and dalvik cache.

Reflash the Rom and you should be good.
All features and functionality is working on my phone, we are using the same one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#822 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I've been running this ROmm for a few weeks now.  Works great - much faster than stock, battery life is better - nicely debloated.  I wiped everything before flashing.  I have Kernel 3.0.31-ge491d6d - which was already there as I was running android 4.1.2.

I have one problem - the screen never times out and goes to sleep.  If I don't hit the power button to turn off the screen, it'll stay alive forever.

I don't have "stay awake" checked - and I have it SET to turn the screen off after 30 seconds of inactivity.  But an hour can go by and it stays alive...

Anyone have any solution?  This is the ONLY issue I have with it - and it's probably not even the ROM itself.  It's probably something I did!

Just wiping cache and dalvik, then reflashing the ROM will set your phone back to the default ROM settings. It might reset some of your settings but you can try that and see if it fixes your screen off issue.

• legend221 likes this

#823 brewdarrymore

brewdarrymore

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Is there any way to use stock moto camera with any other rom? maybe i shoul copy some libs from stock rom or anything else for stock moto camera can work?

#824 noesp

noesp

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

That is for your suggestions! I wiped cache and dalvik... went for just that before actual reflash, and it worked!

ROM is working perfectly now! Thanks all!
  • legend221 likes this

#825 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Can anyone give me some step by step instructions or a link on how to install this ROM? I've already had my phone rooted. Thanks.

#826 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

do you have an unlocked bootloader? 

If you do, 

-Backup your current Rom

-Wipe Data/Cache/Davlik Cache

-Flash Rom

-Flash 4.1.2 Kernel in OP

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#827 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well I should know since I rooted it myself but I cant say for sure. I just took for granted since I had rooted it that it had an unlocked bootloader. Am I wrong?

#828 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Not an assumption you can make since the two are not the same. You must be rooted and on an update lower than the new 79 build that just came out in order to unlock. The root util and unlock util are not the same.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• zooyork0721 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#829 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ok. Ive got this thing were you hit power and volume up and it will come up with a root menu? I'm assuming. (again) And it has the option to boot into recovery. When I rooted this phone I had to backdate to the 4.0 because apparently the 4.1.1 is unrootable as of yet. Than I updated back to 4.1.1 via a custom mirror link of some sort. So I can't say for sure if I have the latest version. I don't believe so since I don't have the 4.2. But my build version is 9.8.1Q_39. Can you tell me how to tell if I have an unlocked bootloader? Thanks. 

#830 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Boot into AP Fastboot mode.  It should show the status.  You want to see status 3.

#831 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

OK. Thanks. I'll try that. Also is there an app you use when installing a ROM or do you do everything manually. Like backup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#832 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I don't mean to sound mean with this, but, you REALLY need to do some reading before venturing into custom roms.  You can do some damage to your device if you do it wrong and I'd hate to see that happen.  Roms are flashed with custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and those have to be installed before installing a rom.  They require you be unlocked in order to flash them.  Once you have custom recovery installed, you take a nandroid of your stock install (this is *REQUIRED* I don't care what anyone says.  Skip this part and you will definitely regret it down the road) before yo do ANYTHING else.  Then once you have your stock install backed up fully, you can then install the custom rom.  Some require you to mount and format system, so, read the directions on the OP BEFORE attempting to install.  It will be spelled out clearly.  Also, do NOT try to keep data going from stock to a custom rom.  Use something like titanium backup or another backup program to backup your app installs and only restore APPS, *NOT* system data once you're up and running on your new rom.  These are the highlights but you MUST do some reading before you jump in.  The rom devs will appreciate it more than you will ever know.

• Moonrakerone likes this

#833 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

OK. Thanks for the info. Do you know of any good places to read up on it?

#834 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

I hear there's a great website for all things DROID RAZR related.  ;)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Start here.

• shane1 likes this

#835 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Lol. OK. Thanks alot for all the info. I'll go read up on it and see what I can do for myself.

#836 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Specifically take a look at the custom recovery threads.  That should give you a head start.

#837 JD007

JD007

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

OK. I'll do that. Thanks again.

#838 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Back for an update, this Rom is working better than expected. Battery life is amazing and always runs fast and stable for me. If anyone I knew in real life had this phone within my associates wouldn't hesitate on recommending this Rom.

Cheers to any and all that had a hand in perfecting this. Much respect and gratitude from someone that has owned an Android since 2008.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#839 lotddragon

lotddragon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+:lotddragon
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Will Timmy's 1% battery mods from 

work with this ROM or do I need to try to find a different one?

infamousbanner_ver2.png

#840 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Will Timmy's 1% battery mods from 

work with this ROM or do I need to try to find a different one?

No those are for the regular RAZR (XT912) not the HD (XT926).

You can flash zooyork's blue theme for Rage HD if you want 1% battery I believe.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users