Photo

[Rom] RageHD v1.2 (5/18/2013)

• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

It seems quite snappy so far. The built-in LMT is handy. What is BusyBox? I opened the app and it look like something I shouldn't mess with, lol.

I wish it were possible to make the jerkiness go away when swiping to the quick settings screen of the stock launcher, but it seems impossible (whenever I run anything with the stock launcher, it's there, not just this rom.

I'm going to run this ROM at work tomorrow and see how it goes with the battery and everything.

#82 devans3232

devans3232

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm getting flash fail, su binary not found. Maybe bad download?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#83 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

My flash failed too

#84 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

It seems quite snappy so far. The built-in LMT is handy. What is BusyBox? I opened the app and it look like something I shouldn't mess with, lol.

I wish it were possible to make the jerkiness go away when swiping to the quick settings screen of the stock launcher, but it seems impossible (whenever I run anything with the stock launcher, it's there, not just this rom.

I'm going to run this ROM at work tomorrow and see how it goes with the battery and everything.

BusyBox is a binary that is used for everything you do where you need to be rooted. It works in tandem with all the root files. I added the app because the BusyBox binary gets updated from time to time and instead of releasing a new ROM every time the binary gets update, the end user can just update the binary themselves by using the app. All you have to do is open the app, check if the 2 versions listed match (your installed version and the version available). If they do then you're good, if not then just click install :)

#85 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

downloading but i think i will flash it later, so i would have time to test it properly, thanks a lot for this

#86 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Well that's not good! Must be a bad download because of the link getting hit hard. Many others have downloaded and flashed with no issues so it's not the ROM (hopefully).

My flash failed too

#87 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Added a step in the OP for installation.

You must mount /system before flashing or it will fail.

• chdwrk and triskropf97 like this

#88 SuMeRbOaRd

SuMeRbOaRd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 - Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Shouldn't have to, the updater-script mounts /system.

I had to do this actually...  I kept failing the first few times and finally talked to BDH in the chat and he recommended trying to mount the system in the Recovery app

EDIT: Looks like I was moments late!  This post can be removed.

#89 chdwrk

chdwrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:workca
  • Locationnear Buffalo, NY
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Added a step in the OP for installation.

You must mount /system before flashing or it will fail.

That might explain my issues :D

#90 power9999

power9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Tested functions in GSM;)

#91 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Installed and booting...

Logged in...

Still has a lot of Verizon bloat.   NFL Mobile, Verizon Tones, Amazon MP3, Zappos, Amazon Mobile, Kindle, IMDB (actually like this app), Audible for Android, MC3, Real Racing.

#92 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Installed and booting...

Logged in...

Still has a lot of Verizon bloat.   NFL Mobile, Verizon Tones, Amazon MP3, Zappos, Amazon Mobile, Kindle, IMDB (actually like this app), Audible for Android, MC3, Real Racing.

Can always freeze stuff with Titanium Backup.

#93 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Can always freeze stuff with Titanium Backup.

Thank you I actually just delete it all.  No need to freeze since I am not going to be doing OTA's.  I just assumed that since this was Debloated that they would not be there. 

The ROM is snappy (haven't installed apps other than TB).  Look forward to this being an improvement over stock. 

#94 SuMeRbOaRd

SuMeRbOaRd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 - Razr Maxx HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm getting stuck during the boot.  The Red electric Orb is just pulsing the electricity off of it the whole time.  I've rebooted into TWRP and wiped to factory default again, still no luck.  Any recommendations?

#95 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thank you I actually just delete it all.  No need to freeze since I am not going to be doing OTA's.  I just assumed that since this was Debloated that they would not be there. 

The ROM is snappy (haven't installed apps other than TB).  Look forward to this being an improvement over stock. 

Yeah sorry, I don't even have this phone so it's hard for me to know what all apps are in there that need removed.

• sfg likes this

#96 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I'm getting stuck during the boot.  The Red electric Orb is just pulsing the electricity off of it the whole time.  I've rebooted into TWRP and wiped to factory default again, still no luck.  Any recommendations?

Mine hung there for a while before it finally booted up the first time. I'm guessing you gave it some time, but just in case I thought I'd mention that.

#97 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah sorry, I don't even have this phone so it's hard for me to know what all apps are in there that need removed.

Its all good.  Its extremely easy to get rid of those apps. I only mentioned it as a fyi.  So far this ROM has given me an entirely new phone. :)

#98 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Its all good.  Its extremely easy to get rid of those apps. I only mentioned it as a fyi.  So far this ROM has given me an entirely new phone. :)

Basically we are looking for the tweaks of this rom with debloat of the DST release.

#99 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Is it possible to put an expanded power menu with reboot and recovery options in a stock-like rom like this? It'd be a cool feature.

#100 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Basically we are looking for the tweaks of this rom with debloat of the DST release.

DST Release? Tweaks are coming. Most are built-in, just saying that without the phone it's going to be a little of a wait for updates.

Is it possible to put an expanded power menu with reboot and recovery options in a stock-like rom like this? It'd be a cool feature.

Definitely have plans already on doing that. This is just a rough draft. Just a starting point of what's to come.

• sfg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users