859 replies to this topic

#101 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Basically we are looking for the tweaks of this rom with debloat of the DST release.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DST Release? Tweaks are coming. Most are built-in, just saying that without the phone it's going to be a little of a wait for updates.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

{ROM} XT926 4.1.2 DST

It has none of the VZW bloat. Super clean and stable. I would actually use it as a base, then lay on all to goodies and tweaks you have.

BTW, great job on the V1 release.
  • sfg likes this

#102 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

DST Release? Tweaks are coming. Most are built-in, just saying that without the phone it's going to be a little of a wait for updates.

Definitely have plans already on doing that. This is just a rough draft. Just a starting point of what's to come.

Rough Draft?  You might get a good grade if you turn it in now! :)

#103 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

{ROM} XT926 4.1.2 DST

It has none of the VZW bloat. Super clean and stable. I would actually use it as a base, then lay on all to goodies and tweaks you have.

That's a build that gets put out before carriers put their overlay on it. It's not as stable as the released version which is why I won't use it.

#104 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I could have swore that I read somewhere either on here or xda yesterday about someone giving away 2 HD's to developers.  Some sort of a contest.

#105 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

{ROM} XT926 4.1.2 DST

That's a build that gets put out before carriers put their overlay on it. It's not as stable as the released version which is why I won't use it.

Yup, I'm familiar with what a DST is. That particular one is based on the full VZW release and debloated so it is stipped down like a DST. Been running it since it was pushed out. It is actually more stable than stock, buttery smooth and super on battery life.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

#106 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

OP updated with a link to the 4.1.2 kernel thanks to mhous33

#107 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yup, I'm familiar with what a DST is. That particular one is based on the full VZW release and debloated so it is stipped down like a DST. Been running it since it was pushed out. It is actually more stable than stock, buttery smooth and super on battery life.

cool

• zooyork0721, heffzilla, RoomTenONine and 1 other like this

#108 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

cool

And please understand I'm not saying you should use it as a base. I was initially stating a response to the comments about existing bloat on this rom. I think folks want all the cool stuff you put on this rom and lack of bloat like the dst.
  • sfg likes this

#109 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

And please understand I'm not saying you should use it as a base. I was initially stating a response to the comments about existing bloat on this rom. I think folks want all the cool stuff you put on this rom and lack of bloat like the dst.

that is in the process it will be done :)

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#110 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I understand all that. My point is that I don't own this device. I don't know what it has on it and what all can be removed. However, as I stated, this is just a rough draft, the very first release. More debloat and better features will come. If I had this phone, this conversation wouldn't even be an issue.

• RoomTenONine likes this

#111 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEtowah, Tennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Asus TF 700

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Here is a topic on bloat not needed.  I went thru this and deleted with Titanium Backup all that is listed and have had no problems.

#112 RoomTenONine

RoomTenONine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

I understand all that. My point is that I don't own this device. I don't know what it has on it and what all can be removed. However, as I stated, this is just a rough draft, the very first release. More debloat and better features will come. If I had this phone, this conversation wouldn't even be an issue.

Understood. Can't imagine doing this without the actual phone. Great job with all of this. Looking forward to seeing this rom evolve.

#113 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Here is a topic on bloat not needed.  I went thru this and deleted with Titanium Backup all that is listed and have had no problems.

im going to debloat differently but thank you!

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#114 michael7168

michael7168

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ok so im not new to the flashing scene been doing it ever since the first version of Android and usually try to solve my own problems but i have to ask for help on this one.  First of all i did have to mount system in TWRP and after install successful, i hit reboot and it just hangs there and i have to simulate the battery pull to reboot.  After i set up the device it says " The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method" and it always says "there was an error installing Superuser".  Then I check BusyBox and it says " There was a problem opening a shell with root access, blah blah blah.  I use root checker to check for root and it says im not rooted.  Im not sure what to do.  I did come from a fresh RSDlite 4.1.2 firmware with proper root and have unlocked bootloader with TWRP 2.5 and everything has been great while on original stock rom.  Any thoughts?

#115 chdwrk

chdwrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:workca
  • Locationnear Buffalo, NY
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Ok so im not new to the flashing scene been doing it ever since the first version of Android and usually try to solve my own problems but i have to ask for help on this one.  First of all i did have to mount system in TWRP and after install successful, i hit reboot and it just hangs there and i have to simulate the battery pull to reboot.  After i set up the device it says " The Superuser binary (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method" and it always says "there was an error installing Superuser".  Then I check BusyBox and it says " There was a problem opening a shell with root access, blah blah blah.  I use root checker to check for root and it says im not rooted.  Im not sure what to do.  I did come from a fresh RSDlite 4.1.2 firmware with proper root and have unlocked bootloader with TWRP 2.5 and everything has been great while on original stock rom.  Any thoughts?

I tried flashing Rage via Twrp earlier, ended up in a session with RSd lite. Installed CWM instead and no problems.

#116 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I could have swore that I read somewhere either on here or xda yesterday about someone giving away 2 HD's to developers.  Some sort of a contest.

I read that too, I think one of the

On a more related note, can't wait for this to download, 1 hour remainning....

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#117 rokr1292

rokr1292

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

rebooting as i type. ive never been nervous to flash something before. haha im excited, cant wait to see it run!

#118 rokr1292

rokr1292

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

running BEAUTIFULLY here. restored my apps, debloated a little. never used some of these apps before, looking forward to figuring out lmt controls for sure

#119 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts
  • Twitter:@llawen
  • LocationGlenn hieghts, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Very nice. Runs smooth. Nice work

Posted Image

#120 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Very nice. Runs smooth. Nice work

With a new theme in a Toys R Us near you!

• usmcamgrimm likes this

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users