mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Bootloader on my A100 unlocked and A500 roms work on it... all but AOKP... so I do have that... love it..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#102 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

In prep for the official Soak/OTA I decided to get back to factory stock and decided to use the fastboot files with swapping the .xml per DirtyDroidX's instructions.. worked perfect.. although I gotta say... .173 stock kinda blows... ugh

#103 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

So true about stock 173. I lasted half a day on stock yesterday before growing impatient and loading leak through cheesecake. Couldn't be happier. Some downers coming from gummy .9.5, but that's to be expected with a vzw ics release. Still, beats the pants off gb!

Now i just look forward to gummy having their fun with the vzw release and getting back to 4.0.4 sometime in the near future. Fingers crossed!

#104 killboredom

killboredom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh yeah, the new mail client is awesome...beats ics stock no problem...and love the email and calendar ics style widgets!

#105 Terrigno

Terrigno

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Terrigno
  • Google+:nterrigno

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

I don't understand. The Soak is supposed to be out way before the official release. And tomorrow is supposed to be official? And the soak hasn't been pushed out.

#106 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I don't understand. The Soak is supposed to be out way before the official release. And tomorrow is supposed to be official? And the soak hasn't been pushed out.

There has been nothing that says an official update for all devices is coming tomorrow. All that has been said, is that 'Updates [to ICS] will be coming for Verizon handsets", and that they will be delivered via standard OTA. This does not rule out soak tests however, as a soak can very well be delivered via an OTA update to only those devices given permission to acquire it. They have not said ALL handsets, so it very well could just be a warning to employees that customers might have it starting then.

#107 ddemlong

ddemlong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

There has been nothing that says an official update for all devices is coming tomorrow. All that has been said, is that 'Updates [to ICS] will be coming for Verizon handsets", and that they will be delivered via standard OTA. This does not rule out soak tests however, as a soak can very well be delivered via an OTA update to only those devices given permission to acquire it. They have not said ALL handsets, so it very well could just be a warning to employees that customers might have it starting then.

Well The xoom got ICS today too, I never heard anything about that prior either. Aw well.... 4 more hours till midnight here and I have my fingers crossed
Droid RAZR Rooted

#108 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

soo no ics by the 4th then ehh

#109 traumadog

traumadog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

No joy so far... and I got the invite e-mail, too.

#110 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

No joy so far... and I got the invite e-mail, too.

It seems strange that so many people have gotten the invite for the soak test but not the follow up email that we always get. There is always a email that gives you access to a Motorola private forum so that you can post the problems you are having and things that you like. The point to the soak test is like a field test on a few devices before it goes to the masses. So until I see the follow up email (if I am selected which I have been part of them all so far), I do not see any firm dates for the test to start. I could be very wrong though. I have seen the private forums emails sent within 12 hours of the soak test start date and time though so I guess it's still up in the air.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#111 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Is there any way to be certain that im on the official upgrade path I used Matt's utility and everything looks right? I Just want to be certain.

#112 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Is there any way to be certain that im on the official upgrade path I used Matt's utility and everything looks right? I Just want to be certain.

The only guaranteed route would be RSD'ing to 744 or 748, then taking the OTA from System Updates to get back up to .173. There shouldn't be any problem though if you used Matt's utility and wiped data/cache.

#113 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

@Thach Yeah.. I got the initial email but not the follow up.. at least not yet.. been waiting all morning...

@Mazler420 as far as the upgrade path.. are you on .173 now? are you rooted? and biggest.. have you installed Razr Bootstrapper?

When I installed the Cheesecake leak it failed twice because I had installed Bootstrapper to make a back up and that seems to inject files into the system that flagged the update to fail.. if youve installed bootstrapper Id suggest fastbooting again..

#114 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

@Mazler420 as far as the upgrade path.. are you on .173 now? are you rooted? and biggest.. have you installed Razr Bootstrapper?

When I installed the Cheesecake leak it failed twice because I had installed Bootstrapper to make a back up and that seems to inject files into the system that flagged the update to fail.. if youve installed bootstrapper Id suggest fastbooting again..

I'm really glad you reminded me of this as I had forgotten that Bootstrap recover is installed. I wish there was an easy way to remove it without computer access as I am on the road and fear that the soak test push may come before I can fastboot..any ideas?

#115 Mazler420

Mazler420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationButler, PA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm pretty sure im good to go. Im currently on .173 im not rooted atm, and im not using Razr bootstrap.

#116 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

It seems strange that so many people have gotten the invite for the soak test but not the follow up email that we always get. There is always a email that gives you access to a Motorola private forum so that you can post the problems you are having and things that you like. The point to the soak test is like a field test on a few devices before it goes to the masses. So until I see the follow up email (if I am selected which I have been part of them all so far), I do not see any firm dates for the test to start. I could be very wrong though. I have seen the private forums emails sent within 12 hours of the soak test start date and time though so I guess it's still up in the air.

Yeah I'm really surprised that so many people thought that the masses would get ICS today, especially since soak invites have started going out and the soak invite always precedes the mass rollout by about 2 months.

I feel like a broken record today :D.

:-D :-D

#117 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Yeah I'm really surprised that so many people thought that the masses would get ICS today, especially since soak invites have started going out and the soak invite always precedes the mass rollout by about 2 months.

I feel like a broken record today .

I know the feeling. The soak WILL NOT start until after that second email. If it does and I am wrong, I swear I will lick the bird dung off my car lmao

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk

#118 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

I know the feeling. The soak WILL NOT start until after that second email.

What has been your experience with regard to the time differential between that second email and pushing the soak test file?

#119 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Without a PC you're kinda outta luck.. I tried manually removing same way as on my DX and soft bricked...

#120 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

What has been your experience with regard to the time differential between that second email and pushing the soak test file?

If I remember right .744 to. 748 I think it was a 2 day timeframe. .748 to. 173 was the next day or something like that. This again was AFTER the second email with the forums link.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users