137 replies to this topic

#61 SunsetSniper

SunsetSniper

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Agreed. People trying to flash from Axiom, gummy, or eclipse roms. Others asking if they could flash it on leaked version .181 even though the OP said only for .173. When the OP states clear as day be 100% stock and people are trying to install with apps frozen in TiBu people were unfortunately asking for problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is why we can't have nice things XD

#62 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

What I do not understand is why people are so adamant about trying to keep root on their phones with this ICS leak. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SU must have some way of circumventing Motofail's locked bootloader and accessing SU. Which I would think has something to do with the kernel. Which has been upgraded during the ICS flash. So it seems retarded to me that guys were trying to "hide" their root in hopes that they'd have root on this ICS leak, when in a matter of 6 days they'd be dealing with what could be a whole different ICS update.

I think alot of guys were bricking their phones trying to keep root and flashing and reflashing. Sure this process is what also creates these amazing dev roms but for an update that is temporary and will be obsolete in a matter of days, why put your phone at risk trying to root an experimental build we shouldnt even have to begin with? Why not just flash ICS, enjoy the closest thing we have to the release for a few days, and once the official OTA comes out, then start experimenting? Of course it's your phones so I can't tell you what to do with them but IMO flashing ICS and just leaving it as it is would be the smartest thing to do until the OTA comes out.

Worst problem I had was that the camera wasnt working and a quick factory reset got everything working exactly as it should.

I am rooted just fine with ics and it does come in handy. Like removing some of the b.s. apps that cannot be hidden on stock. As for this being a temporary, it is very likely that this is the final build that will be pushed as an ota very soon so there is nothing temporary about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#63 jami2976

jami2976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationvisalia ca

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

I was one of the first doing the cheesecake method; from those who I saw getting hit with bootloops and errors, they were trying to cheesecake on a ROM build rather than a stock one. Yesterday was also the first time I rooted the phone just to get the ICS leak. We had an influx of new guys who wanted the update so bad that they tossed caution to the wind and dived straight in without even doing any research. We have thousands of threads that all say the basics like going back to stock before experimenting with such massive updates/flashes, things you should and shouldn't do but everyone wanted to just go for the gold without doing the prerequisite steps. So of course the forum was flooded with first timers who were just in too big of a rush to get ICS to slow down and think the steps through.

I honestly cant believe so many ppl are having issues with this leak, happy to say it worked great for me and ran very smooth (flashed back to stock .173 using matts utility because the 4.0.3 build has no flash support) people just need to make sure to follow the directions to a T to avoid any mishap thats why they are there, always double and triple check that you are following the directions correctly. just wants to say thanks to the devs for their continued support to this phone and cant wait to see some new ics custom builds
  • The Kid likes this

#64 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I honestly cant believe so many ppl are having issues with this leak, happy to say it worked great for me and ran very smooth (flashed back to stock .173 using matts utility because the 4.0.3 build has no flash support) people just need to make sure to follow the directions to a T to avoid any mishap thats why they are there, always double and triple check that you are following the directions correctly. just wants to say thanks to the devs for their continued support to this phone and cant wait to see some new ics custom builds

That has me wondering if I want to update to ICS. I don't use a browser a ton, but not having flash support might be annoying.

There is no way to install flash on Razr ICS? I'm assuming since this is the leak of the actualy ICS that hardware acceleration works. I hope this also means that barcode recognition apps work fully now.

Debating if I want to flash to stock and load this up tonight or just flash to stock and wait till the 4th for the official.

#65 Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:@Dr_Carpenter82

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

That has me wondering if I want to update to ICS. I don't use a browser a ton, but not having flash support might be annoying.

There is no way to install flash on Razr ICS? I'm assuming since this is the leak of the actualy ICS that hardware acceleration works. I hope this also means that barcode recognition apps work fully now.

Debating if I want to flash to stock and load this up tonight or just flash to stock and wait till the 4th for the official.

I installed flash and got the warning that it is no longer supported, but it does work for the most part. There have been a few videos where it says plugin missing, but most have worked just fine.

#66 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Barcode scanner apps work fine.

#67 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Only thing I can't do is freeze bloat...it fails...I tried my backup pro and bloat freezer...both failed...so I used root explorer and renamed the.apk on the bloat...this worked... freed up about 35mb of ram... still lots more to freeze but I dont feel like starting over if I rename the wrong. Apk

#68 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Barcode scanner apps work fine.

Thanks for the info. You guys arent making this easy :)

Are you happy with the performance of the leak?

#69 Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Only thing I can't do is freeze bloat...it fails...I tried my backup pro and bloat freezer...both failed...so I used root explorer and renamed the.apk on the bloat...this worked... freed up about 35mb of ram... still lots more to freeze but I dont feel like starting over if I rename the wrong. Apk

Titanium backup has been working fine for me.

#70 Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the info. You guys arent making this easy

Overall, yes, I've been noticing a little lag here and there but I never wiped data coming from 173 so probably my fault lol. Besides, I've been trying to push it with apps and services running in the background...

#71 jami2976

jami2976

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationvisalia ca

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Overall, yes, I've been noticing a little lag here and there but I never wiped data coming from 173 so probably my fault lol. Besides, I've been trying to push it with apps and services running in the background...

same here the leak ran pretty smooth for me as well and the battery seemed to hold a bit better as well, how did you get flash to work? did you wipe the phone after the install? every time i would try to play it would hang and stay blank....also the browser would stop responding until i would hit the home key and back out...other than that the leak was smooth...

#72 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the info. You guys arent making this easy

The performance is great. I have zero lag and to be honest, I'm content with a stock rom (for now). This plus some AOKP love would be sweet though!

I use chrome and it's damn snappy and all my bookmarks are available from my desktop.

#73 Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

same here the leak ran pretty smooth for me as well and the battery seemed to hold a bit better as well, how did you get flash to work? did you wipe the phone after the install? every time i would try to play it would hang and stay blank....also the browser would stop responding until i would hit the home key and back out...other than that the leak was smooth...

No wipe but I was fresh from an sbf anyway. Restored flash from tibu then updated to the latest version from the play store. It worked on some sites, not on others, kinda hit or miss. Tbh, much as I've liked having flash on my phone, it's being phased out anyway, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

#74 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm actually having bad lag spurts here & there, especially when going through app drawer pages they sometimes stick altogether. & sometimes the lock button won't wake the screen without a second press.

#75 Capt.D

Capt.D

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

I've been freezing the apps in the app drawer with ics. Long press the app then bring it up to more options.

#76 Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

I've been freezing the apps in the app drawer with ics. Long press the app then bring it up to more options.

Yeah but you can't freeze all of them that way, and I'm using apex launcher so I don't have that option anymore anyway :)

#77 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'll post this here and see if anyone bites on it.

I ended up getting low battery during SBF flash, whoops. Following the tutorials and such I was able to make a factory cable to get back to stock. Everything was fine and dandy until I realized I could not get USB mass storage to pull up anymore. Its very weird, if i enter AP Fastboot mode it just says connect usb data cable. If I enter BP SBF Flash mode it still says connect USB Data Cable but Windows detects the phone in RSD Lite. Here is a screenshot.
Posted Image

If I attempt to flash anything through RSD Lite it just says "the phone failed to switch to fastboot mode." The only time that I can actually flash my phone now is with the "factory cable" that I made. I'm trying to figure out why the factory cable disabled "some" of the usb functionality of my phone. Also I can boot into android fine right now, but the USB connection will not appear in the notifications pane. The phone does show that it is charging while connected to the computer though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#78 mcshady96

mcshady96

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Im just guessing, but im assuming its a cable issue...probably the regular cable that you are trying to use is only a charging cable and wont transfer data...i would try a new cable.

on the original topic, i am glad the original post was not removed. i enjoy flashing stuff even though im told not to. even after the warnings, i flashed the ics leak from my sd card and bricked my phone..it was quite a rush for those few minutes knowing that my screen was frozen, i couldnt pull the battery, and if my battery died before i figured it out, id be in trouble.

i guess some of us just enjoy this stuff.

now, i was able to recover it, and i was able to install the leak through cheesecake and retain root, and im loving the new android.

thanks to everyone who made it possible!!

#79 odeveca30

odeveca30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:eli_ace

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

SS from ICS Leak on Cheesecake
<p>

#80 bL33d

bL33d

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

running great here ics seems to freeze most apps natively anyway and i installed ics camera+ and gallery2.apkl and love this setup. Using zumocast also as motocast wont let me login.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users