Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#261 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

The OP says dont flash crossbreeder so my question is does the rom already have crossbreeder installed or is itt cool to use the seeder apk please let me know thanks

It does not have crossbreeder installed, and seeder is preinstalled with the rom. You should be able to use the seeder apk just fine.

Flashed the ROM and so far it's pretty good.  I did run into a little weirdness, though.  I flashed the toggle remover app that was posted after the previous build was posted, because I use a different toggle app.  After the flash and reboot, the default theme is gone, but still showing in System Settings.  Also, the Battery Mod settings no longer work, I'm unable to set a different battery icon, and the theme in Phone Dialer is replaced with a vanilla stock look.  Anyone else have similar issues?

The toggle remove zip was only for 1.0, before we included OG Battery Mod. It was just a random request from a user on the forum. Ill post up a newer one that removes toggles from the new build sometime today.

so i accedently flashed over my stock rom then deleted it. can i still flash this? or can i put it in stock? or what? id like to have it in stock slot. please let me know

This cannot go in the stock slot. Pretty much nothing can with safestrap. If you have a backup of your stock slot restore it and install blurry to a custom rom slot. If you dont have a backup, youll have to fxz to regain stock, you will also have to reroot.

Installed Blurry 1.0 yesterday morning.  Liked it.  Saw last night that 2.4 is out.  Got the shakes so I had to try.  Wiped, installed.  5 minutes later is telling me

What's going on?   :(

Wow, that is weird... have you tried wiping and reinstalling it? This seems more like a question for eye__dea then myself.

Somebody else will probably set us straight but i believe if you wiped the system on stock for some reason you can't get it back

Not without a nandroid backup. If you dont have one you will have to fxz like matjmonk said.

#262 CruzIzcaredoNotn

CruzIzcaredoNotn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Flash this ROM to any slot, correct?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Bionic and XOOM ROM Forum Lurker B-)

#263 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Flash this ROM to any slot, correct?

Any custom rom-slot yes. Just as long as its not the stock slot.

#264 Talisan

Talisan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Kansas, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic (targa)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Installed Blurry 1.0 yesterday morning.  Liked it.  Saw last night that 2.4 is out.  Got the shakes so I had to try.  Wiped, installed.  5 minutes later is telling me

What's going on?   :(

I got the same issue a few months ago.  I think it was when I FXZed.  I took the sim card out, then put it back in.  Reseating it fixed it.  You might try that.

It does not have crossbreeder installed, and seeder is preinstalled with the rom. You should be able to use the seeder apk just fine.

It has seeder installed?  It doesn't have the interface, right?  Just the daemon?

So far 2.4 is working a lot better for me.  I love the keyboard.

#265 Craze

Craze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

That's why you always back up your stock ROM prior to playing with anything.....

#266 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

Cross breeder is listed in the zips included list, but it says not to flash it. I'm confused?
<p>-ZwRavenBionic - Flying Jelly; Droid X - Apex retired

#267 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I got the same issue a few months ago.  I think it was when I FXZed.  I took the sim card out, then put it back in.  Reseating it fixed it.  You might try that.

It has seeder installed?  It doesn't have the interface, right?  Just the daemon?

So far 2.4 is working a lot better for me.  I love the keyboard.

As far as i know, yes. Its just the daemon.

Cross breeder is listed in the zips included list, but it says not to flash it. I'm confused?

OP isnt updated to say it is no longer included. If you installed 1.0, then it will still be on your sdcard, but it is no longer included with the rom.

#268 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

Flashed 2.4 last night, works good so far. I ran into the bug again where I didn't have Verizon 4G exclusive app features available. I deleted the eri.xml in the /data folder, flashed again, got my features back. What does that file do and why would it be causing me grief? 

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#269 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

Flashed 2.4 last night, works good so far. I ran into the bug again where I didn't have Verizon 4G exclusive app features available. I deleted the eri.xml in the /data folder, flashed again, got my features back. What does that file do and why would it be causing me grief? 

Honestly, all that file does is change "Verizon Wireless" to say "Blurry" on lockscreen, pulldown (we took this feature out), and phone.  

So anyone that wants to edit the eri.xml file in /data folder can...Just change "Blurry" to whatever you want...

• Quadroller likes this

#270 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

I flashed the overclock zip and I have a question. Is this something that becomes baked into the ROM or is there an app with governer, etc?

#271 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Nexus

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

i got it to work without anything in stock. so im running it fine in slot 2

#272 Quadroller

Quadroller

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Current Device(s):MOTO DROID BIONIC-2

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I installed 2.4 last night and had the same sim card error on the set up boot. I left it alone and it did a reboot and everything is fine. Setup went smooth and I let it cycle through a discharge. I started the install with 100% charge and through the process of installing all of my apps and getting everything arranged the way I wanted it the bat got down to 14%. I charged overnight and have ran it all day with NO lag or random reboots and battery is @ 80% right now!! Thanks!! It is AWESOME:D

Sent from my BLURRED OUT DROID BIONIC!!

#273 Quadroller

Quadroller

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC
  • Current Device(s):MOTO DROID BIONIC-2

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Also for info, I have 2.4 in slot one and 2.4 OC'd in slot two. I did it this way so I could mod on the OC'd version and keep the non OC'd ROM as my dd.

#274 Robison22

Robison22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm having one issue with this rom, which is the music skipping. The only time it works flawlessly is when the screen is on & that obviously drains the battery quickly. Is there any way to fix this?

#275 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

I installed 2.4 last night and had the same sim card error on the set up boot. I left it alone and it did a reboot and everything is fine. Setup went smooth and I let it cycle through a discharge. I started the install with 100% charge and through the process of installing all of my apps and getting everything arranged the way I wanted it the bat got down to 14%. I charged overnight and have ran it all day with NO lag or random reboots and battery is @ 80% right now!! Thanks!! It is AWESOME:D

I must also add that 2.4 is soooooooo much smoother and stable than V1, at least in the first 24 hours. The battery life is really good (and should get better as it settles a bit), and I have not seen any of the hot reboots that were happening with v1 if I tried to use Waze and Audible or PowerAmp at the same time. Those reboots got so bad I had to stop using it and switch over to Liquid. Great job on this version folks and thank  you for all your work.

Cheers!

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#276 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm having problems recieving calls on this ROM, has anyone else experienced this? I assure I installed properly, and I know it's not a hardware issue because I get calls fine on Liquid Smooth.

#277 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I haven't noticed any call issues, but I did have some difficulty sending a picture message earlier today. That was somewhat frustrating. I did not try a 3rd party messenger program to see if it was just the built in messenger.

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#278 kendog

kendog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationMillville, NJ
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Check that out!

Attached Files

• MarkusMcNugen likes this

#279 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Couple of questions

First off, been running for a couple days, and I really like the rom. All the themed icons and apps look gorgeous, great job on everything!

First question is how can I get stock browser? I don't like Chrome as I find it noticeably slower and kind of clunky compared to stock browser.

Also, there is a large amount if music and sound apps, and I am confused as to what they all do. So Ac!d stays on all the time? Does it just enhance sound quality? Is the dolby app for something similar? Also, when using the equalizer option in Google play music, it uses the built in audio effects that is on stock. Should I freeze that in order to get awesome beats to be used?

Thanks for the great rom!

#280 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Couple of questions

First off, been running for a couple days, and I really like the rom. All the themed icons and apps look gorgeous, great job on everything!

First question is how can I get stock browser? I don't like Chrome as I find it noticeably slower and kind of clunky compared to stock browser.

Also, there is a large amount if music and sound apps, and I am confused as to what they all do. So Ac!d stays on all the time? Does it just enhance sound quality? Is the dolby app for something similar? Also, when using the equalizer option in Google play music, it uses the built in audio effects that is on stock. Should I freeze that in order to get awesome beats to be used?

Thanks for the great rom!

Sorry for hijacking but those are the same questions I'm wondering for flying jelly..I honestly hear no actual benefit having those 2 seeing as the EQ isn't adjustable. Once I had DSP manager set up the way I wanted..it was a noticeable difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users