Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#241 junkfactory

junkfactory

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Did you try to install crossbreeder?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#242 beryl8687

beryl8687

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

No i havn't installed anything, just the base rom

#243 Talisan

Talisan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Kansas, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Bionic (targa)

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

I installed this rom last night, so it had all night to settle.  I also flashed overclock and crossbreeder.  I've gotten horrible lag and bad battery life.  The bad battery life is due to the processor running 100% at 1200mhz most of the time.  It'll run 100% for a little over a minute when I wake it up and do nothing else.  It's set to make a clicking sound when the screen locks, but when I hit the power button and the screen blanks, it take about 45 seconds until I hear the click.  It would start running high at startup.  I don't have any apps that are set to do anything at startup.  I checked the running processes, and most were anroid/google/motorola processes.

Then I remembered.  Pegasusq

I've had nothing but problems with pegasusq.  I've used various cpu apps to see what it's doing.  It turns off the second core (as it should when no load)  But then never turns it back on.  Ever.  Not until I restart my phone.  But then it's turned off within minutes of the reboot.

I altered the modules script in init.d to set smartass2 as my default, and now it runs much smoother.  There is still lag and it still runs at high levels, but switching the governor cut the lag quite a bit.

Other than that, I have to say that I love this rom.  I love the theme.

I know this is very new, and there are plenty of bugs to work out.

I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread and grab any update as it gets posted.

Awesome job!  Keep it up!

(ps: If I had the time, I'd try to hunt down your changes, learn how it's done, and try to make one of my own.  Maybe when the semester is out.)

• codygs83 likes this

#244 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

when i flash crossbreeder, is that it? i dont have to do anything else?

Nope, it just helps things run smoother, I notice a huge difference in web browsing.
<p>-ZwRavenBionic - Flying Jelly; Droid X - Apex retired

#245 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

Does anyone use the CrossBreeder and if so, do you see a difference?

Sent from my JB Bionic

I installed CrossBreeder over the weekend and found that I had extremely bad lagging and increased battery usage afterwards. I tried switching to various schedulers using the NoFrills CPU controller app but nothing seemed to make a difference so I just restored the system from a backup I had made previously and that solved the lag and battery usage issue.

• Talisan likes this
Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

#246 Talisan

Talisan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

I installed CrossBreeder over the weekend and found that I had extremely bad lagging and increased battery usage afterwards. I tried switching to various schedulers using the NoFrills CPU controller app but nothing seemed to make a difference so I just restored the system from a backup I had made previously and that solved the lag and battery usage issue.

When I tried No Frills, it got root permission, said it succeeded, but nothing changed. It kept the same governor. I had to alter the init.d modules script to load a different governor. That seems to have worked. For me, at least.

#247 Talisan

Talisan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

(ps: If I had the time, I'd try to hunt down your changes, learn how it's done, and try to make one of my own.  Maybe when the semester is out.)

I just realized that could be taken as a bit of an insult.  What I meant was that I'd hunt them down and copy them because they are really good.  I'm wanting to find the alterations that were made and learn from it.  That's all  :)   (it made sense in my head)

With Blurry_Maxx the Bionic was really smooth.  I'm looking forward to this rom maturing.  It's the reason I took the plunge and upgraded to JB.

#248 bigmarv33

bigmarv33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

What's up with the update?

#249 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

I just realized that could be taken as a bit of an insult.  What I meant was that I'd hunt them down and copy them because they are really good.  I'm wanting to find the alterations that were made and learn from it.  That's all  :)   (it made sense in my head)

With Blurry_Maxx the Bionic was really smooth.  I'm looking forward to this rom maturing.  It's the reason I took the plunge and upgraded to JB.

Its all good. There is a reason its all open source ;). Besides, I think we all knew what you meant.

What's up with the update?

Its coming my man. Its basically done as far as I know, just have to wait for eye__dea to update the op with the link, changes, etc...

#250 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Blurry 2.4 - Jellybean

Link:  

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

*Changelog*

-Tweaked like crazy by Timmy10shoes

-Added Battery Mod switch under Blurry Settings - thanks Markus

-Fixed MMS app

-Fixed Google Apps

-Baked in AC!D music 

-Inverted gtalk

-Inverted calendar

-New Superuser

-Removed some apps and scripts

-Added some apps

*Don't flash Crossbreeder script on this build*

*Themed Blurry keyboard is there, but not set to default*

This update needs a Fresh Install

How to Install Blurry:
Boot into Safestrap v3.11
Wipe Data / Factory Reset
Wipe cache and dalvik cache
Wipe System
Install Blurry.zip
Reboot System
Initial install takes atleast 5 minutes
Let the 1st boot settle for 5 minutes

Reboot
Enjoy

*Will update OP later*

• bionichillbilly, Quadroller and irish711 like this

#251 bigmarv33

bigmarv33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Thank u sir will download then report later

#252 Talisan

Talisan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

This morning I tried installing Google Keep.  It wanted me to update my Google Play Services.  It failed to update, the usual signing error.  I backed it up, uninstalled it with Titanium, rebooted, cleared the cache and dalvik cache (blah blah blah. I was thorough)  I then got an error saying it couldn't install because it wasn't compatible with another application(s) that used the same shared id.  That was the gist of the error, anyway.

The only thing I could find said to find the shared user in /data/system/packages.xml.  I did that, rebooted, cleared everything, and the system recreated the user, so I wasn't able to do the install.

I'll try out the new release and see if that fixes it, but I wanted to throw this out there while I had a chance.

tl;rl  I can't update Google Play Services.  Does anyone else have the same problem?  Does anyone have a fix?

#253 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Downloading after I get done charging it up after a nice day of work. Gotta love blurry. Thanks guys.

new_animated_sig.gif

#254 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

*Post Removed*

Revert to Stock Theme is now a flashable zip included in sdcard/blurryzips as of 2.4.1

#255 bigmarv33

bigmarv33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

The OP says dont flash crossbreeder so my question is does the rom already have crossbreeder installed or is itt cool to use the seeder apk please let me know thanks

#256 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Flashed the ROM and so far it's pretty good.  I did run into a little weirdness, though.  I flashed the toggle remover app that was posted after the previous build was posted, because I use a different toggle app.  After the flash and reboot, the default theme is gone, but still showing in System Settings.  Also, the Battery Mod settings no longer work, I'm unable to set a different battery icon, and the theme in Phone Dialer is replaced with a vanilla stock look.  Anyone else have similar issues?

#257 FrankrBionic

FrankrBionic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Nexus

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

so i accedently flashed over my stock rom then deleted it. can i still flash this? or can i put it in stock? or what? id like to have it in stock slot. please let me know

#258 CruzIzcaredoNotn

CruzIzcaredoNotn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Installed Blurry 1.0 yesterday morning.  Liked it.  Saw last night that 2.4 is out.  Got the shakes so I had to try.  Wiped, installed.  5 minutes later is telling me

A SIM card is needed to operate this phone.  Please turn off your phone and insert your SIM card.

What's going on?   :(

Bionic and XOOM ROM Forum Lurker B-)

#259 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

so i accedently flashed over my stock rom then deleted it. can i still flash this? or can i put it in stock? or what? id like to have it in stock slot. please let me know

Somebody else will probably set us straight but i believe if you wiped the system on stock for some reason you can't get it back

#260 matjmonk

matjmonk

Pack Leader to Bubba

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts
  • Google+:matjmonk@gmail.com
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Somebody else will probably set us straight but i believe if you wiped the system on stock for some reason you can't get it ba

If you've truly killed the unsafe side, you're going to have to FXZ and then reroot and start over.

Posted Image
Bubba, perfide lues Odocoileus virginianus felines et ubique!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users