Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#581 Phantomprime

Phantomprime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I been using the JB Blurry rom since July and I have a few issues

1) When my apps update it takes FOREVER. I would go on Google Play and update all...and where updating 3 apps would take less than 2 min now takes ten. Nothing wrong with my Wifi in the house.

2) Touch screen unresponsive or slow reponse. Ex:( if I dial 1234567890..before root it would go as that...after root/rom if I dial the same numbers it would go 1....2...34....5...7...8....0)
3) Apps themselves are slow reponsive. Ex( I click the facebook app.. were as before it would open instantly now takes a min or two to open or at times I get errors with my apps saying it unresponsive and would If I want to wait or close)

4) At times phone would reboot by itself and it could be when I am in the middle of something.

Some info
Phone: Bionic

Steps taking:

Uninstalled..wiped out all data went back to factory and re rooted

Boost CPU to 1.2GHz

Tried memory booster apps as well as clean App data

Taken out battery for a bit then put it back

If anyone has a way to fix this would be appreciated.

#582 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

With any ROM or stock my phone does best at 1.0GHz ... But overall my Bionic, ROM or stock, gradually shows its age between FDRs. Seems likely that something specific is causing it but not sure if it's my SD (even took it out for awhile), something building up in cache (cache apps seem somewhat helpful), memory leaks (fast reboot ~), dalvik issues (titanium and recovery clears sorta help), permissions (should they be that big a deal and if so why doesn't stock android phones have similar option in recovery? Does help.) ....

Maybe the internal card just gets tired?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 4

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#583 nsnd

nsnd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

1) When my apps update it takes FOREVER. I would go on Google Play and update all...and where updating 3 apps would take less than 2 min now takes ten. Nothing wrong with my Wifi in the house.

2) Touch screen unresponsive or slow reponse. Ex:( if I dial 1234567890..before root it would go as that...after root/rom if I dial the same numbers it would go 1....2...34....5...7...8....0)
3) Apps themselves are slow reponsive. Ex( I click the facebook app.. were as before it would open instantly now takes a min or two to open or at times I get errors with my apps saying it unresponsive and would If I want to wait or close)

4) At times phone would reboot by itself and it could be when I am in the middle of something.

Some info

Steps taking:

Boost CPU to 1.2GHz

I've experienced similar issues, although I haven't been running the ROM that long. Sometimes it's fast, but most of the time it's slow :-(

#584 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Some info

Steps taking:
Boost CPU to 1.2GHz

I've experienced similar issues, although I haven't been running the ROM that long. Sometimes it's fast, but most of the time it's slow :-(

Update busybox using the busybox free app.
Play around with some different governors and schedulers too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#585 Phantomprime

Phantomprime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Update busybox using the busybox free app.
Play around with some different governors and schedulers too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I tried it and it rendered my phone useless...i had to reroot and download everything again...funny enough blurry 2.4 was fine...it seems like 2.5.1 is lagging up the phone. Or maybe its the ROM itself. My friend called me today and my phone was vibrating but I couldn't see or do anything until he hung up..that when my screen came on telling me I missed a call.

#586 strike3

strike3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto XT926

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I would like some opinions please.

I am currently using CM 10.1.2 but I am curious to switch to this ROM as I believe it is the best of the Blur-based. 

I live in a generally strong VZW coverage area but the signal seems pretty weak with CM.   Will I have better luck with this rom?

Thanks

#587 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

If you have a strong signal on stock it should be the same on this

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#588 marausch50

marausch50

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, ASUS TF700T, ASUS TF300T

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

After installing 2.5.1 I can't update gmail, hangouts, our you tube. Also, Blurry updates Eros out with a mismatch message about cdma_targa.

#589 strike3

strike3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I got fed up with some instability in CM. 

I wiped ROM slot 1 where CM was, also wiped the Stock ROM slot.    Then I attempted to install Blurry.

It appears my phone is bricked after reboot.    All of the buttons light up but nothing is happening.  

Where did I go wrong. 

#590 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Are you still booting into safestrap?

#591 strike3

strike3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

Are you still booting into safestrap?

yeah I can still boot into Safe Strap.  It just said that it was inactive when I tried to install Blurry into the Stock ROM slot.  When I installed in Slot 1 -- fine. 

Also when I am using the ROM, hold down the power key and choose recovery -- i it brings up the green android with an X through it.    So it seems like I can get to recovery from a cold boot but not from within the ROM. 

#592 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, your stock slot is definitely hosed. They only thing I know to get that back is a fxz unless if you happen to have a back up. I've never entered recovery from the rom itself so I can't answer that one. As long as your not interested in running stock I wouldn't worry about it.

#593 strike3

strike3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, your stock slot is definitely hosed. They only thing I know to get that back is a fxz unless if you happen to have a back up. I've never entered recovery from the rom itself so I can't answer that one. As long as your not interested in running stock I wouldn't worry about it.

That's fine.  I can live with my stock being hosed.  Updates from 2.4 to 2.5.1 worked very well using OTA. 

1.  Is the Motorola dialogue prior to the "B" during boot up normal.  ?

2.  I loved that stock blue backlit keyboard that i saw in 2.4  -- is there any way to get that back?

Google / Android keyboard popped up in the play store and I updated it.  Now I cant seem to get the orig. KB back.  

#594 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

After installing 2.5.1 I can't update gmail, hangouts, our you tube. Also, Blurry updates Eros out with a mismatch message about cdma_targa.

The app issue should not be ROM related.  The error in updates is normal until an update is available.

#595 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

That's fine.  I can live with my stock being hosed.  Updates from 2.4 to 2.5.1 worked very well using OTA. 

1.  Is the Motorola dialogue prior to the "B" during boot up normal.  ?

2.  I loved that stock blue backlit keyboard that i saw in 2.4  -- is there any way to get that back?

Google / Android keyboard popped up in the play store and I updated it.  Now I cant seem to get the orig. KB back.  

1.  Yes

2.  Yeah, the update kills the theme.  I need to update the keyboard and get a zip out.

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#596 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

eye_dea

If you haven't figured out on how to install your ROM on the latest SS update PM me and I will pass you down some great news....

• RuMad likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#597 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

eye_dea

If you haven't figured out on how to install your ROM on the latest SS update PM me and I will pass you down some great news....

Actually I couldn't even try to figure it out since I don't own any devices that got the new ss. Definently want to working for others tho. PM sent. Thanks.

#598 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

I will shoot it off when I get home

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#599 kdrumz16

kdrumz16

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic, nexus 7 2

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

great rom! have a question though... where do i find the asop browser at that was added? I cant find it. never used it but heard its faster then chrome. Thanks

#600 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

great rom! have a question though... where do i find the asop browser at that was added? I cant find it. never used it but heard its faster then chrome. Thanks

Should of loaded with the ROM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users