Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Google+:kellym
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel XL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

yes I used ubuntu 12.10 live cd and followed YouTube video all the way through. prior to doing this, I tried to keep root before the OTA following with voodoo rootkeeper with combination of Sam's instructions and a YouTube video made by the same person. after ota, i could access chain Dd superuser and rootcheckr said I had root,but anytime I tried to get appa that need root like tibu I'd get no root permission method.

#502 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,510 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

yes I used ubuntu 12.10 live cd and followed YouTube video all the way through. prior to doing this, I tried to keep root before the OTA following with voodoo rootkeeper with combination of Sam's instructions and a YouTube video made by the same person. after ota, i could access chain Dd superuser and rootcheckr said I had root,but anytime I tried to get appa that need root like tibu I'd get no root permission method.

That right there is your problem.  There's left over crap from the previous attempt at keeping root.  You're going to need to flash the system.img from the 98.72.22 FXZ.  If you have the House of Bionic installed with the 98.72.22_FXZ, just use the FXZ Keep Data option.  Then try the root process again.  It will continue to fail until you do this.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#503 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

ok.I'll visit HOB tomorrow, haven't been there since ICS first rolled out, but was able to use your utility twice in the past with success. thank you.
  • SamuriHL likes this

#504 kellym

kellym

Droid Oracle

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

one last question, if I took update OTA, I can still use HOB for FXZ or do I have to do that manually? fingers crossed HOB is available to me.

#505 darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Many thanks Samuri and djrbliss. Took my brick and turned it into a Rooted Bionic. Only had experience with a totally scripted Live CD Ubuntu for the D2G, didn't do much but check out the OS after the script ran. This was way cool and very easy, just took patience and attention to detail, especially the part about recommending the 32 bit version....

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#506 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,510 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

one last question, if I took update OTA, I can still use HOB for FXZ or do I have to do that manually? fingers crossed HOB is available to me.

You can always fxz so yes you can use the house

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#507 maros

maros

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi,

I need a system.img  for XT910 Retail.en.EU. Does anybody already have a link to it?

I've found some, very promising , but after flash I'm getting boot failure and stuck in fastboot :-(

EDIT: originaly I've downloaded file: 9.8.2O-124_SPUEM-14_S7_USASPDRICS01RUKE1007.0R_USASPDRJBRTGB_P011_b57374ab5a_p2b_S1FF_fb_CFC.xml.zip

It unpacked correctly. I've checked system/default.prop and system/build.prop. These files are the same as I've downloaded from my phone. But now, I've discover that md5sum of system_signed file does not match the md5sum in the attached xml.

So I extracted the zip again, this time was md5sum the same as listen in xml file. I flashed it again and now I have my phone back.

Edited by maros, 24 April 2013 - 10:52 PM.

• livinginkaos likes this

#508 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, HoB can be used no matter how you got where you are. Whether you used the FXZ or took the OTA, the end result is the same.

There WAS a method of using the FXZ that was around for a minute that didn't flash a certain partition that was supposed to allow you to return to the 246/ICS system, but I think even that wouldn't matter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Sam!

And on that note, does the HoB have an option to use that if you are coming from ICS, or is that just one too many options that might cause more problems than it's worth?

#509 Imphyy

Imphyy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi out there,

i tried the way to root my XT910 exactly like written in this thread by using ubuntu live DVD but i get stucked with this one since a few days:

ubuntu@ubuntu:/tmp/share$ sudo ./run.sh
[+] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
4248 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.084s)
5271 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.345s)
1573 KB/s (64498 bytes in 0.040s)
4821 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.319s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[+] Rooting phone...
[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.
/system/bin/sh: /storage/rfs0/pwn: not found
[+] Please press any hardware button on your phone.
[+] Don't worry if the phone is unresponsive at this time.
[+] The device will vibrate when the exploit is complete.
[+] Press enter to continue once the device has vibrated.

I think the problem is that the "pwn" filed could't get copied ;-) I doesnt matter how long i wait, the xt910 will not reboot, I can just "Enter to contimue", the script will go on and the razr is booting after the scipt has finisched.

any one any ideas...

Thank You for your help ;-)

#510 Imphyy

Imphyy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Hi out there,

i tried the way to root my XT910 exactly like written in this thread by using ubuntu live DVD but i get stucked with this one since a few days:

ubuntu@ubuntu:/tmp/share$ sudo ./run.sh
[+] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
4248 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.084s)
5271 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.345s)
1573 KB/s (64498 bytes in 0.040s)
4821 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.319s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[+] Rooting phone...
[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.
/system/bin/sh: /storage/rfs0/pwn: not found
[+] Please press any hardware button on your phone.
[+] Don't worry if the phone is unresponsive at this time.
[+] The device will vibrate when the exploit is complete.
[+] Press enter to continue once the device has vibrated.

I think the problem is that the "pwn" filed could't get copied ;-) I doesnt matter how long i wait, the xt910 will not reboot, I can just "Enter to contimue", the script will go on and the razr is booting after the scipt has finisched.

any one any ideas...

Thank You for your help ;-)

i found it out and solved it by my self: the problem was, that the smb share hasn't been mounted to  /storage/rfs0

it was mounted tp "rfs1" (Youi can see the path when you do the mounting with the "files tool")

I just edited the line in the "run.sh" file and everything went good ;-)

I hope i can help someone with the same problem ;-)

• Firenine and Ping_2001 like this

#511 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,510 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, HoB can be used no matter how you got where you are. Whether you used the FXZ or took the OTA, the end result is the same.

There WAS a method of using the FXZ that was around for a minute that didn't flash a certain partition that was supposed to allow you to return to the 246/ICS system, but I think even that wouldn't matter. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Sam!

And on that note, does the HoB have an option to use that if you are coming from ICS, or is that just one too many options that might cause more problems than it's worth?

It requires being on ics and using a modified 22 fxz. Has absolutely nothing at all to do with what Kelly is trying to do so let's not confuse things here.

#512 drugdoctor1

drugdoctor1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Rooted!  

Used Ubuntu 12.10 and updated (sudo get-apt update).  I wasn't able to install samba without doing the update.  

Thanks so much everybody in this forum and of-course Dan.

• SamuriHL, hadeshorn9 and livinginkaos like this

#513 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

I've successfully rooted my Bionic with this method using VMWare Workstation with a CentOS 6.4 minimal install on the VM. If you need help with root using this method or something similar, please feel free to PM me.

• milski65, SamuriHL, hadeshorn9 and 2 others like this

#514 jamanbeck

jamanbeck

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Thank you so much. This was easy to understand and follow. You guys are the reason we can do what we do.
  • SamuriHL, livinginkaos and cmh714 like this

#515 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr xt910

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

hi guys...i have problem..when i have to configure the remote archive on my razr xt910 it tells me that i put wrong informations (even if they're right) and i can't make it work...can someone help me? the phone and my ubuntu pc must on the same wifi?

#516 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

hi guys...i have problem..when i have to configure the remote archive on my razr xt910 it tells me that i put wrong informations (even if they're right) and i can't make it work...can someone help me? the phone and my ubuntu pc must on the same wifi?

Your phone needs to be connected to a WiFi that is on the same network as the PC.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#517 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Your phone needs to be connected to a WiFi that is on the same network as the PC.

so, i will never get root :(

#518 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yes, to elaborate on what livnginkaos said, what you are doing is connecting to the SMB file share on the Linux server from your phone over your WIFI network, so they need to be both connected to your WIFI router. You can do a few things to check this:

1) Find the IP address of the phone and ping it from the Linux server.

2) Find the IP address of the Linux server and ping it from the phone, using the Android terminal app or something similar.

3) Another thing I did was test that the Linux SMB share was working by connecting to it from my Windows machine:

I.E. going into My Computer and typing: \\192.168.1.11\share

(where 192.168.1.11 represents the IP address of the Linux server. Substiture your Linux server's IP address.)

#519 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Surely you can connect your phone and Linux server to the same WIFI network???

so, i will never get root :(

#520 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Surely you can connect your phone and Linux server to the same WIFI network???

my pc is too old and it doesn't have wi fi, and the only wi fi line i can get in my house is in my garden...not the best..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users