Photo

[ROOT] Motoshare 2: Old Bug, New Exploit

• Please log in to reply
985 replies to this topic

#521 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

my pc is too old and it doesn't have wi fi, and the only wi fi line i can get in my house is in my garden...not the best..

If you can connect your PC via a LAN cable to a network that has wifi (not cell service, but wifi ) that your phone can connect to, you can.  The PC does not need to have a wireless connection, just the phone.  

edit - I have to say, it sounds odd to have wifi in your garden :)  

• 07734dan likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#522 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr xt910

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

If you can connect your PC via a LAN cable to a network that has wifi (not cell service, but wifi ) that your phone can connect to, you can.  The PC does not need to have a wireless connection, just the phone.  

edit - I have to say, it sounds odd to have wifi in your garden :)

how can i do that? :huh:  sorry if it is a little bit OT but i need root :lol:

#523 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Your WIFI router should have network cable connections in the back of it. You would connect your Linux PC to one of those.

how can i do that? :huh:  sorry if it is a little bit OT but i need root :lol:

#524 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,509 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Another option that's often overlooked is the idea of adding a usb wireless adapter to the Linux box and setting it to host the network. After all the wifi network only had to connect between the phone and Linux box... Nothing more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • hadeshorn9 and livinginkaos like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#525 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

^^^ This - I am so used to having routers all around me, I never think of that.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#526 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

Your WIFI router should have network cable connections in the back of it. You would connect your Linux PC to one of those.

ehmm...my router does not have wi fi...

that is the problem B)

#527 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,509 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

^^^ This - I am so used to having routers all around me, I never think of that.

It's an idea I saw mentioned on XDA this morning. I believe from scfirefighter if I got that right. It should have occurred to me sooner tbh. But kudos to him for thinking of it for us.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#528 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Okay Dallo28, so you have 2 options:

1) Either get a WIFI router so that you can plug in the Linux server and the phone can connect via WIFI

or

2) Add a WIFI adapter to the Linux server, and set up the Linux server and the phone to connect to each other via Ad-Hoc WIFI connection.

MAYBE there is a third option to add a wired adapter to the phone, I guess. Pehaps a dongle through the mini-USB connector or the full USB  connector if you have a LapDock.

Another option that's often overlooked is the idea of adding a usb wireless adapter to the Linux box and setting it to host the network. After all the wifi network only had to connect between the phone and Linux box... Nothing more.

#529 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Okay Dallo28, so you have 2 options:

1) Either get a WIFI router so that you can plug in the Linux server and the phone can connect via WIFI

or

2) Add a WIFI adapter to the Linux server, and set up the Linux server and the phone to connect to each other via Ad-Hoc WIFI connection.

MAYBE there is a third option to add a wired adapter to the phone, I guess. Pehaps a dongle through the mini-USB connector or the full USB  connector if you have a LapDock.

i prefer option 3 : burn everything  :o jokes aside, i will think about it.. and sorry for my "google translate "english...unofrtunately i don't know english as much as i want..

#530 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

i prefer option 3 : burn everything  :o jokes aside, i will think about it.. and sorry for my "google translate "english...unofrtunately i don't know english as much as i want..

No worries.  There are some Americans that don't speak it that well either  :p .  

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#531 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

No worries.  There are some Americans that don't speak it that well either  :p .  

:D

maybe i can try with a friend's pc , but he has windows...i will make a new partition and install ubuntu there...let's try if i can do that..

#532 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

:D

maybe i can try with a friend's pc , but he has windows...i will make a new partition and install ubuntu there...let's try if i can do that..

OR, if you have a USB Flash Drive, install it on that, so you don't have to install it on someone else's PC.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#533 Dallo28

Dallo28

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

OR, if you have a USB Flash Drive, install it on that, so you don't have to install it on someone else's PC.

will it work even without installing? nice! so i cun run on the usb fd ...this is simple!

#534 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

will it work even without installing? nice! so i cun run on the usb fd ...this is simple!

Yes - follow the link and read on how to create a LiveUSB

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#535 duhast89

duhast89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hi, I can not get a successful root. Superuser gives me an error after the root. I can not flash the firmware via RSD net - an error, I am saddened. Help than you can. 3rd day I can not get Root.

I understand very little English, pardon the grammar.

#536 pstpup

pstpup

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I finally got root on my bionic. Had to get out of the house, get in my big truck, go to the pilot truck stop across the road, install Ubuntu on my laptop, and made 4 attempts before finally getting it right. Had trouble with WiFi at the pilot. Not a real good connection. Thanks Dan  the $50 was worth it.

• livinginkaos likes this

#537 skylinekid712

skylinekid712

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD XT926

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I tried rooting my Bionic but it apparently didn't work. It ran through the whole process and was completed "successfully" and even installed SU but no actual root. The SU app says the binaries are out of date but it won't let me install the update. I did this on Ubuntu 12.10 and a had just FXZ'd back to OTA Jelly Bean. My phone was in USB Mass Storage mode but I'm not sure if that would cause a problem. Also, the reason I FXZ'd it was I had tried to keep my root while installing the OTA JB update but didn't update my binaries before updating. This ended up giving me a wonky form of root that only allowed certain apps, such as LMT, root access but not any apps I installed after LMT. I don't know what I did wrong with the new method and any help would be great.

#538 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hi, I can not get a successful root. Superuser gives me an error after the root. I can not flash the firmware via RSD net - an error, I am saddened. Help than you can. 3rd day I can not get Root.

I understand very little English, pardon the grammar.

What was the error that superuser gave you?

• duhast89 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#539 maros

maros

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Great. Reflash of system partition allows me to gain root by using my 64 bit Gentoo.

Donation sent. Thanks a lot.

• Ramdanih, SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#540 kamel828

kamel828

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt910

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hi, my PC and laptop running on Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10. 8.04 and Mandriva Linux, all USB Flash Drive installed. My Razr can't see the wifi connection and the system can't see wireless card (Realtek RTL 8188SU and TP LINK 722n). I try to install the drivers, but it is still not working, RAZR still can't see the wireless network (infrastructure or ad-hoc) :( . How to connect a computer via a LAN cable to make root? Please write like I'm stupid. :D Sorry for my english.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users