985 replies to this topic

#701 tupz

tupz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

this happened to me too..i realized that i want logged in to my share folder and that fixed it

Sent from my no one cares

What happened to you to you too? Elaborate so others can read & find answers to issues they run into..

#702 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:jpr9845
  • Google+:jpr9845
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

I am working on a how to video will post when I am done

Edit

Finished Video here 

Hope this helps some of the noobs out.

I did this and my phone is now rooted. Only problem is that now when I power up the phone it comes up on the flash recovery screen reporting flash failure. To boot up I have to hold both volume keys down while powering and the select normal.

#703 Rapitharian

Rapitharian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I did this and my phone is now rooted. Only problem is that now when I power up the phone it comes up on the flash recovery screen reporting flash failure. To boot up I have to hold both volume keys down while powering and the select normal.

Have you installed safestrap yet?  If you have, remove it and try rebooting.  See if a bad safestrap install is causing the recovery boot.

#704 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Have you installed yet?  If you have remove it and try rebooting.  See if a bad safestrap install is causing the recovery boot.

I have already installed safestrap and a ROM. Is it too late?

#705 Rapitharian

Rapitharian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I have already installed safestrap and a ROM. Is it too late?

Do you know if the issue was happening before the safestrap install?

#706 eggkorki

eggkorki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm admittedly a newbie to programming and Linux.  But, I can follow instructions, and I got everything to work until the final step ("sudo ./run.sh").  When I run the file, I keep running into this problem:

./run.sh: line 30: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
[+] Waiting for device...
./run.sh: line 33: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
./run.sh: line 38: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
./run.sh: line 39: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
./run.sh: line 40: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
./run.sh: line 42: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
./run.sh: line 43: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
[+] Rooting phone...
[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.
./run.sh: line 49: ./adb.linux: No such file or directory
[+] Please press any hardware button on your phone.
[+] Don't worry if the phone is unresponsive at this time.
[+] The device will vibrate when the exploit is complete.
[+] Press enter to continue once the device has vibrated.

I don't understand.  The adb.linux file is there; I can see it in the share on the phone, and also when I run a simple "dir" command from the terminal.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

#707 Rapitharian

Rapitharian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm admittedly a newbie to programming and Linux.  But, I can follow instructions, and I got everything to work until the final step ("sudo ./run.sh").  When I run the file, I keep running into this problem:

[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
[+] Rooting phone...
[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.

I don't understand.  The adb.linux file is there; I can see it in the share on the phone, and also when I run a simple "dir" command from the terminal.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

What share mode is your phone set to?

#708 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
[+] Rooting phone...

This will happen if you are running 64bit and didn't install the 32bit libraries.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#709 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thank you once again for root, and I am now proud to say I am running unbutu on my desktop. This was my first experience with it and have been teaching myself Linux as I dive deeper into android, has been a great expierence, thank you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Learning how to use Linux is far more useful than rooting one phone of many you'll have in your lifetime. Congratulations on giving it a run as your desktop, and on getting your root on.

[+] Device found.

[+] Pushing exploit...

[+] Rooting phone...

Since this is in no way programming, not being experienced with it won't affect whether you are able to get through this. At first glance, from my phone without the run.sh script in front of me, it looks like you're in the wrong directory at the time you run it. But, I wouldn't quote me on that. Like i said, I don't have that script in front of me to look through the steps it goes through

#710 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Just for giggles, go to the directory that adb.linux is in and enter this:

sudo chmod a+x adb.linux

Then try the script again

#711 marty45714

marty45714

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Moderator,

I spent the weekend working on something really lightweight to get this done easily, and I've finally got it working and ready.

Using Oracle VirtualBox with a Tiny Core Linux VM, I've managed to get this down to a 46 MB download.

Everything is automatic... helps the user get connected to SMB, then helps with getting connected with USB debugging before running the exploit.

I spent most of the entire weekend tweaking with Tiny Core Linux to get this ready. Please share. Where's the best place to start a new thread to get the word out about this?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Here are the steps:

1) Install Sun VirtualBox on your Windows PC.

2) Download the VirtualBox .ova file here:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bb53ayj5c3nd5ie/Root_Bionic_JB.ova?token_hash=AAGSOYfPuDXTur_e9qlYl2JRERovPyfMwe-2xNzHXg4Lxg&dl=1

3) Import the .ova file into VirtualBox. (Click "File" then "Import Appliance".)

4) Start the imported VM in VirtualBox (Click the big "Start" Button. It has a green arrow icon.)

5) Follow the instructions on the Linux console.

• JustAGuy, NingaR, junnu007 and 1 other like this

#712 lemonoid

lemonoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:@DoseOfAndroid
  • LocationBoone, NC
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, Incredible 2, X2, NS4G,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, open the app and uninstall the safestrap function from inside the app. You don't have to necessarily remove the app itself, but it won't hurt. Especially if you already have a copy to install after you root

yeah I already have a copy of it. But I still haven't figured out why this is happening. I am no on completely stock ICS and when I try to run the update on my phone, it simply gets caught about 1/3 of the way through then I get red triangled and a reboot with a system update failure message. i guess i'm gonna have to fxz .246? and then try to run the update again. i'd rather do that than fxz the update, just feels safer, just as easy to me as this root method is very simple to do.

#713 AirborneSpoon

AirborneSpoon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Worked on the first try!! THANK YOU, DAN!!!!!

• livinginkaos likes this

#714 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

yeah I already have a copy of it. But I still haven't figured out why this is happening. I am no on completely stock ICS and when I try to run the update on my phone, it simply gets caught about 1/3 of the way through then I get red triangled and a reboot with a system update failure message. i guess i'm gonna have to fxz .246? and then try to run the update again. i'd rather do that than fxz the update, just feels safer, just as easy to me as this root method is very simple to do.

That probably because this is for JB only.

• Memnoch73 likes this

#715 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Do you know if the issue was happening before the safestrap install?

Yes, it started immediately when rebooting from the Linux script.

#716 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

He is trying to get the jb update to take and hasn't gotten that far.
  • Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#717 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

FXZ the update and skip the middle few steps. Back up all your data to your PC or SDCard and don't bother taking extra and unnecessary steps

He is trying to get the jb update to take and hasn't gotten that far.

Yeah, livinginkaos is right. He's not trying to ROOT .246 with this, he's trying to get to JB so he can root that.

#718 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

FXZ the update and skip the middle few steps. Back up all your data to your PC or SDCard and don't bother taking extra and unnecessary steps

Yeah, livinginkaos is right. He's not trying to ROOT .246 with this, he's trying to get to JB so he can root that.

I see, I had the same problem. I had to fxz .246 then system update. Now I am just dealing with this new booting issue.

#719 Rapitharian

Rapitharian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Yes, it started immediately when rebooting from the Linux script.

If this were me/my phone:

1) I would remove safestrap reverse the root. 

2) Make sure the issue is gone

3) Root again. 

(All a matter of how much of a pain this is to you.)

-Rap

#720 vinnierych

vinnierych

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank you for this root.  I made a $25 donation to the West Texas Firefighters Relief Fund in your honor.

Vinnie

• livinginkaos, LDubs and texassax like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users