#42 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I have had so many problems using the Wireless Tether app not just on the Razr Maxx but also on the Samsung Droid Charge as well as the Thunderbolt. So, when I saw EasyTether on a 50% sale on the Amazon Appstore, I just splurged and bought that. The only downside is you have to use a USB cable but at this point, I just want a reliable app that I can tether with during emergencies.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#43 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:jamRwoo

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Only works if you do it on 173 before updating, then again in ICS from what I've read.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Where did you even get this idea? It's like...not true, and no one else has said it. Did you just make up a reason why it didn't work for you?

Reboot into recovery, wipe your cache/dalvik...my friend's sitting right next to me and it worked first try.
I like big hairy Vantenhickserkeists in diapers.

#44 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm using FoxFi, It's FREE in the market and it works in ICS leak. First time I installed in ICS it didn't work but I rebooted and it's been working like a charm ever since. It worked on .173 and .181 also.

#45 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Yup...been using it since it launched. Simple and works great...

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#46 BowlingGuy86

BowlingGuy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I have used SQLite editor before on GB to enable the WiFi tether without the entitlement check, but now on .211 when I try to change the field to zero it gives me an error message "Update Failed - error code 14: unable to open database file" I am rooted using matts 1.7 utility and using chainfires SuperSU apk.
Can anyone give me any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

59.57KB   15 downloads

#47 tiger505

tiger505

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:25 AM

I have used SQLite editor before on GB to enable the WiFi tether without the entitlement check, but now on .211 when I try to change the field to zero it gives me an error message "Update Failed - error code 14: unable to open database file" I am rooted using matts 1.7 utility and using chainfires SuperSU apk.
Can anyone give me any suggestions on how I can fix this?

59.57KB   15 downloads

Well I used SQLite and the entiltlment check in number 79 with the updated ICS. But forget all that and use Foxfi which is from the Play Store. That's all you need and it works like a charm. Trust me.

#48 scottguest11

scottguest11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have had so many problems using the Wireless Tether app not just on the Razr Maxx but also on the Samsung Droid Charge as well as the Thunderbolt. So, when I saw EasyTether on a 50% sale on the Amazon Appstore, I just splurged and bought that. The only downside is you have to use a USB cable but at this point, I just want a reliable app that I can tether with during emergencies.

if your on a razr you could have done that and not payed a cent

#49 Death4Uall

Death4Uall

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:Joe Butter

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

FoxFi in the market works on ICS rooted or non-rooted

#50 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Foxfi works great..didnt even bother rooting ics..that's the biggest reason to root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#51 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

For security purposes and to keep my phone charged, I use EasyTether Pro. The only thing with free tethering apps is they often tend to get blocked to VZW subscribers on the Play Store and they aren't always maintained for every phone. Granted, you can always bypass the block but I like reliability since I travel from time to time.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#52 Guest_jwmonroe0914_*

Guest_jwmonroe0914_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Sqlite still works awesome for me =]

#53 jlh11364

jlh11364

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

SQL Does still work. However, you do have to find line 79, not 150. it took me four tries to to realize that it was in a different spot. However, note to all, the hack does not work until you reboot. If you don't you will get the Verizon billing notification.

#54 rnlcomp

rnlcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS.E. Louisiana

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

FoxFi didn't work at first but after a reboot it does, have already used it with multiple devices. Super simple.

Also works on my wifes UNROOTED razr. HOLY COW!!! :o :ph34r: :blink: :lol:

#55 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

SQL Does still work. However, you do have to find line 79, not 150. it took me four tries to to realize that it was in a different spot. However, note to all, the hack does not work until you reboot. If you don't you will get the Verizon billing notification.

Thanks, i was able to get the Mobile Hotspot up and running. My only gripe is that it doesn't monitor data usage.. This is why i really liked Wifi Tether. Is there a way to monitor data usage? Also Foxfi doesn't seem to like me (.211 OTA).

#56 JMSexton

JMSexton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:JarrettSexton
  • LocationMD/PA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

I use FoxFi also. It didn't work right the very first time i tried to use it after ICS, but then started working correctly after a reboot. Just takes a min or so to get past "Limited Connectivity".

I tried the SQL Hack too but it really jacked my signal up (that or SQLite Editor). Once I un-installed SQLite Editor and rebooted my signal was back to normal. Not sure exactly what caused it.

#57 jwgraves

jwgraves

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

I tried the SQLite hack, which allowed my phone to connect but never got internet. I then tried WIFI Tether which did the same thing. I then tried FoxFI which although it didn't at first appear to work, after a few minutes it gave me full IP and internet connection - and it didn't even need Root (although I have Root).

#58 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

FoxFi is working for most pages, but I get 404 errors on a lot (woot.com, cnn.com and others). Any ideas?

#59 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Would anyone know why I'm missing hundreds of options/lines when I go to settings under settings.db in sqlite editor and aSQLiteManager, as well as lines jumping from 108 to 130, 132 to 146, 146 to 165, etc.? I'm missing line 150, and I know it should be there... my previous .211 ICS install had over 400 lines (somehow my phone became bootlooped and the only thing that worked was reflashing .211 with Matt's utility).

#60 drdiehl

drdiehl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

Worked for me. Now I can tether my tablet..woohoo!

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users