73 replies to this topic

#61 Assassin

Assassin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

im on the ics leak & i get this when i made a nandroid backup.
Backing up system. Backing up data. No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage. Backing up cache... No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Generating md5 sum... Backup complete. What does that mean? and do i have a complete nandroid I can restore from? thanx

#62 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

im on the ics leak & i get this when i made a nandroid backup.
Backing up system. Backing up data. No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage. Backing up cache... No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Generating md5 sum... Backup complete. What does that mean? and do i have a complete nandroid I can restore from? thanx

It backed up system, data and cache so it might work. Looks OK to me.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#63 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Those are normal messages. If you get to the md5 generation, you're typically good to go.

#64 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/XCellFoneRep
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/XgDaW
  • LocationThe Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

When i did the restore and tried too reboot, all i get is a black screen. :/

+1 on the black screen. I figured out that the restore worked BUT something did not restore with the video (display), possibly the drivers within the device (not PC drivers). You hear the phone boot through the RAZR Boot Animations and the bottom hard buttons are lighting up when you try to wake the phone. But NOTHING is working within the display, Not the touch or not the visual (obviously).

Try getting into the stock recovery and doing a factory reset if it happens again. Should help you out.

Sent from my ICS RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You are able to get into the factory recovery without issue. problem is you are defeating the purpose of the backup and losing everything except the ROM. 2 extra steps and you are back to square-1.

Has anyone at all, what-so-ever, been able to successfully do a full nandroid backup and a full restore without issue???

#65 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

I just had a successful Nandroid backup. No issues so far. Backup up ICS rooted with one of Wulfs' themes. went back to .173 to make a how to get ICS video (yes i said it lol) then once i got on ICS again and tried to flash the Deodex.zip and it messed up to where i had no status bar. Then forgetting all about the issues with doing a restore, i restored my ICS backup that i had before going back to GB and it worked. :D I'm still happy :D
I did not mount system when i did the original back up nor for the restore.

#66 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I just had a successful Nandroid backup. No issues so far. Backup up ICS rooted with one of Wulfs' themes. went back to .173 to make a how to get ICS video (yes i said it lol) then once i got on ICS again and tried to flash the Deodex.zip and it messed up to where i had no status bar. Then forgetting all about the issues with doing a restore, i restored my ICS backup that i had before going back to GB and it worked. :D I'm still happy :D
I did not mount system when i did the original back up nor for the restore.

Well lucky you! *jealous* There is only 1 ICS Bootstrap, right? If there is more then 1, which are you using?

#67 disturbed58

disturbed58

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

+1 on the black screen. I figured out that the restore worked BUT something did not restore with the video (display), possibly the drivers within the device (not PC drivers). You hear the phone boot through the RAZR Boot Animations and the bottom hard buttons are lighting up when you try to wake the phone. But NOTHING is working within the display, Not the touch or not the visual (obviously). You are able to get into the factory recovery without issue. problem is you are defeating the purpose of the backup and losing everything except the ROM. 2 extra steps and you are back to square-1. Has anyone at all, what-so-ever, been able to successfully do a full nandroid backup and a full restore without issue???

I had the same exact problem and had to RSD back to .173 and do the whole ICS install again. The solution for my problem was to "DELETE SU BACKUP" in OTA Rootkeeper. After deleting that I was able to do a full backup and restore with no issues.
  • XCellFoneSalesRep likes this

#68 XCellFoneSalesRep

XCellFoneSalesRep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I had the same exact problem and had to RSD back to .173 and do the whole ICS install again. The solution for my problem was to "DELETE SU BACKUP" in OTA Rootkeeper. After deleting that I was able to do a full backup and restore with no issues.

Thanks, i will try after i finish my 6.14.84 Leak update :)

#69 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

Would it be possible to add the splash screen option from safestrap to this Bootstrap? I know you can have it boot to CWR every time, but I liked being able to choose whether I needed to or not.

#70 Nickcm1820

Nickcm1820

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

File Broken :/ fix please!!!!????

#71 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

still little noobish
but is there certain steps to take to get to cwm or just install the .apk and thats it ?

Posted Image

#72 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

still little noobish
but is there certain steps to take to get to cwm or just install the .apk and thats it ?

Install the apk then go into the app and click on the Bootstrap ICS Recovery. Allow it to have super user permissions.

#73 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Dead link

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#74 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Dead link

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here's pretty much everything courtesy of Marty:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content