73 replies to this topic

#41 wrich73

wrich73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Google+:wrich73

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

CWM on boot works with this, I used it on 2.3.6 and thought I might as well give it a shot on ICS, here is the original thread for it (I think original anyway...)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• NattyBee likes this

#42 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Lol thanks i was writing this in church

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

clearly you are a devoted religious nut :P

#43 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

CWM on boot works with this, I used it on 2.3.6 and thought I might as well give it a shot on ICS, here is the original thread for it (I think original anyway...)

question is...does this set your phone to boot into the CWR you used to flash it, or does it set it to boot to a CWR they designed in the install? basically what I mean to ask is, if I'm doing this on the ICS leak, I'll be using the ICS Bootstrap, and I'm curious if it'll make me boot into that, or will it make me boot into an older version of Bootstrap, such as the one they used when this install zip was created?

#44 wrich73

wrich73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

question is...does this set your phone to boot into the CWR you used to flash it, or does it set it to boot to a CWR they designed in the install? basically what I mean to ask is, if I'm doing this on the ICS leak, I'll be using the ICS Bootstrap, and I'm curious if it'll make me boot into that, or will it make me boot into an older version of Bootstrap, such as the one they used when this install zip was created?

I deleted the su backup from Voodoo OTA, then used the ICS Bootstrap to boot into CWR, backed up, flashed the J.Y.Daddy.zip, rebooted and removed permissions for the ICS Bootstrap.apk.

What version of CWR is on the ICS bootstrap? I forgot to check.

Regardless, I just did a backup and restore and it works perfectly

#45 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

ICS Bootstrap has CWR version 5.5.0.4...I dunno what the GB bootstrap was, but it could be the same version, only modified to work with ICS, you know? I'm hesitant to try it until I know for sure that this will allow me to boot into ICS CWR, lol

#46 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

ICS Bootstrap has CWR version 5.5.0.4...I dunno what the GB bootstrap was, but it could be the same version, only modified to work with ICS, you know? I'm hesitant to try it until I know for sure that this will allow me to boot into ICS CWR, lol

I installed ICS Bootstrap and it booted into CWM like a champ. Haven't tried restoring a nandroid yet but read you have to delete "su backup" first (from ORA Rootkeeper) or the restore will fail

#47 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

I installed ICS Bootstrap and it booted into CWM like a champ. Haven't tried restoring a nandroid yet but read you have to delete "su backup" first (from ORA Rootkeeper) or the restore will fail

You are correct, if you used OTA Root Keeper to backup/restore your root when going to the ICS leak, then you have to use that same app to delete the "su-backup" file before you can restore a nand backup. Also, if that file was present on your phone when you made the nand backup, you will get an md5 mismatch if you try to restore it after deleting the file. So you need to make a nand backup AFTER you delete the file, then you'll be able to restore that backup.

#48 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Indeed. I was actually referring yo that link above for the CWR on boot, lol my apologies

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#49 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Any successful restores? Tried today, fac reset restore nano, reboot phone completely wiped ? Didnt restore any apps r settings? Did i miss smthin?

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#50 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Edit: sorry my phone only showed 1 page of topic, didnt see voodoo work around. Will try that. ( cant edit my post either... ?)

Posted Image

#51 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Edit: sorry my phone only showed 1 page of topic, didnt see voodoo work around. Will try that. ( cant edit my post either... ?)

Yeah as long as you use OTA Root Keeper to delete that file, you'll be able to restore your nand backup. However, if you restore a nand backup that has that file in it, it will be restored as well and you'll have to keep deleting it every time. Best thing to do would be to get rid of that backup and then delete the file and make a fresh nand backup.

#52 wrich73

wrich73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

Everything seems to be working as intended using "CWR on boot", I deliberately broke my RAZR by flashing a modded framework file. Flashed my restore back fine, no issues.
1. install the ICS Bootstrap
2. Delete the Voodoo rootkeeper backup
3. Boot into CWR via bootstrap
4. Flash J.Y.Daddy's file from this thread

5. reboot
6. deny SU permissions to Bootstrap
7. turn phone off, then back on, should now boot to CWR every time.

I used the backup I created AFTER installing CWR on boot for my restore, no issues at all. I had a backup I made when I first booted into Bootstrap before installing CWR on boot, but I felt safer using the backup I made after the mod.

#53 NattyBee

NattyBee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

Everything seems to be working as intended using "CWR on boot", I deliberately broke my RAZR by flashing a modded framework file. Flashed my restore back fine, no issues.
1. install the ICS Bootstrap
2. Delete the Voodoo rootkeeper backup
3. Boot into CWR via bootstrap
4. Flash J.Y.Daddy's file from this thread

5. reboot
6. deny SU permissions to Bootstrap
7. turn phone off, then back on, should now boot to CWR every time.

I used the backup I created AFTER installing CWR on boot for my restore, no issues at all. I had a backup I made when I first booted into Bootstrap before installing CWR on boot, but I felt safer using the backup I made after the mod.

Thanks for testing this out! We'll have to perhaps either add this to the OP or create a separate thread for it(?)...I think this is a great thing which many folks will be thankful for :)

Sent from my Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

#54 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I am fear my blade!

Update: i had ubered up my phone restoring with voodoo backup. I re installed bootstrap deleted voodoo backup, wiped data re flashed my nano, all is well!

Thanks guys

Posted Image

#55 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ok so I have a question. Since in recovery the old Bootstrap v2.0 was v5.0.2.5 and newer ICS Boostrap is v5.5.0.4 could this newer ICS bootstrap work on GB? Like was this just an update to make it work on ICS leak also or is it exclusive to the leak?
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#56 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Ok so I have a question. Since in recovery the old Bootstrap v2.0 was v5.0.2.5 and newer ICS Boostrap is v5.5.0.4 could this newer ICS bootstrap work on GB? Like was this just an update to make it work on ICS leak also or is it exclusive to the leak?

Pretty sure it's ICS specific.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#57 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

well i wish i would of known about the fix before i tried a restore.
now i gotta take 45 mins when i get off work to go way back and reinstall the leak......... :/

#58 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

well i wish i would of known about the fix before i tried a restore.
now i gotta take 45 mins when i get off work to go way back and reinstall the leak......... :/

Why would you have to do that?

#59 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Why would you have to do that?

When i did the restore and tried too reboot, all i get is a black screen. :/

#60 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

When i did the restore and tried too reboot, all i get is a black screen. :/

Try getting into the stock recovery and doing a factory reset if it happens again. Should help you out.

Sent from my ICS RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users