Recovery /bootstrap For Ics 4-8-12

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Try mounting the system.

Thanks! I'll try that later and let you know what happens. I understand that you didn't make the recovery or anything but it's extremely hard to get ahold of DHacker lol.

#22 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

It's always the little things. I was able to execute the command successfully, but the restore still fails. I've wiped cache and dalvik but It's entirely possible that all the tweaking I've done today is causing it to fail though.

#23 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thanks! I'll try that later and let you know what happens. I understand that you didn't make the recovery or anything but it's extremely hard to get ahold of DHacker lol.

lol no problem i tested it out for him and just gtalk him and bull$#!+ all the e time with him :P I was talking g to him about it. So that came straight from the horses mouth. I mounted the system last night and restored a backup just fine.

#24 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

Going to Advanced Restore, then restoring system does not work for me. No nand restore option works on my phone, any suggestions?

Posted this in another thread as well, but here it is again.

Question for you: Do you use Voodoo to protect your root? If so, before booting into recovery & attempting to restore your nandroid backup, open Voodoo and delete your backup of root. This has caused issues for me previously! Let me know if this works for you
  • ssmaynv likes this

#25 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

That was it! Deleting Voodoo backup fixed the restore problem. Thank you.
  • PillClinton likes this

#26 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

That was it! Deleting Voodoo backup fixed the restore problem. Thank you.

You're welcome, glad that did the trick!
  • ssmaynv likes this

#27 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

You're welcome, glad that did the trick!

Are you talking about deleting the su-backup file in /system? Everytime I mount as rw i get "delete failed."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#28 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Are you talking about deleting the su-backup file in /system? Everytime I mount as rw i get "delete failed."

No. Just open up the app. If you have already backed up root, there are 2 options. Just click the one that says Delete su backup and you'll be good to go!

#29 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

No. Just open up the app. If you have already backed up root, there are 2 options. Just click the one that says Delete su backup and you'll be good to go!

You are the man! Thank you! I deleted the file, did a backup, then instead of an advanced restore, I just did a regular restore and everything went without a hitch. Thanks again man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#30 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Posted this in another thread as well, but here it is again.

Question for you: Do you use Voodoo to protect your root? If so, before booting into recovery & attempting to restore your nandroid backup, open Voodoo and delete your backup of root. This has caused issues for me previously! Let me know if this works for you

Good info! This should be added to the OP :rolleyes:

#31 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Good info! This should be added to the OP :rolleyes:

yes it shall. Thst is weird and never crossed my mind.

#32 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

So does anyone know a way to boot into this if you are looping or have it set for when the phone powers on? Im paranoid with the leak!

Sent from my Leakxiom Razr using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

#33 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Wipe dalvik, cache, data. Boot normally and skip setup. Install recovery and reboot into it from the app. Restore nandroid.

#34 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

hmm...i'm havin problems getting into ics bootstrap when i hit the button it does nothing but i cant but when i hit reboot ics recovery it boots then.i have full root and when i go into su binary it says manifest fail..any suggestions

#35 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

hmm...i'm havin problems getting into ics bootstrap when i hit the button it does nothing but i cant but when i hit reboot ics recovery it boots then.i have full root and when i go into su binary it says manifest fail..any suggestions

I have that problem too.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#36 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Do you have Busybox installed? Pressing the top button in the app just installs the recovery. Pressing the "reboot ics recovery" button will reboot you into recovery. As long as you can reboot into recovery you should be good. Also make sure you delete the su-backup file in /system before you try to restore any nand backups.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#37 holla

holla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationatlanta,Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Do you have Busybox installed? Pressing the top button in the app just installs the recovery. Pressing the "reboot ics recovery" button will reboot you into recovery. As long as you can reboot into recovery you should be good. Also make sure you delete the su-backup file in /system before you try to restore any nand backups.

yo good lookin on that spc i do not have busybox installed and i did a nandroid back up before deleteing the su back up file should i re do the back up w/the delete of su?

#38 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey, PillClinton, that definitely worked for me & I've been wondering why I couldn't restore System fm my nandroid backup for quite a while.

Excellent catch on this, you've enhanced my ability to do mods & feel safe doing so; now I don't have to go back to my pc rescue my Razr Maxx using Matt's util. I can restore fm the nandroid b/u on my device!

Hearty thanks! seeker
  • PillClinton likes this
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#39 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hey, PillClinton, that definitely worked for me & I've been wondering why I couldn't restore System fm my nandroid backup for quite a while.

Excellent catch on this, you've enhanced my ability to do mods & feel safe doing so; now I don't have to go back to my pc rescue my Razr Maxx using Matt's util. I can restore fm the nandroid b/u on my device!

Hearty thanks! seeker

You're welcome and I'm glad I was able to help you! :)

#40 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

yo good lookin on that spc i do not have busybox installed and i did a nandroid back up before deleteing the su back up file should i re do the back up w/the delete of su?

I would redo the backup because if you delete it now, then restore it, that file will be restored too. I'd delete the backup, the use the Root Keeper app to delete the file, then do a fresh backup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users