140 replies to this topic

#61 ssmaynv

ssmaynv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

All of you are having problems most likely because you froze apps on the leak and then flashed this script over it without defrosting them. Maybe Im wrong but sounds like it.

This is exactly why I had a problem. Fixed easily.

#62 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

All of you are having problems most likely because you froze apps on the leak and then flashed this script over it without defrosting them. Maybe Im wrong but sounds like it.

I'm gonna say you're wrong for about 65 to 85% of us.....I was on stock 173 unrooted before the leak b/c of the soak, then I got tired of waiting and flashed the leak, all I did was re download all my apps through the Play store b/c Tibu wasn't working for me at that time. It could be the rom, it could be the script, but I do know prior to the script I never had a problem with Script Manager and Root Explorer.
Posted Image

#63 UnknownIntention

UnknownIntention

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I'm gonna say you're wrong for about 65 to 85% of us.....I was on stock 173 unrooted before the leak b/c of the soak, then I got tired of waiting and flashed the leak, all I did was re download all my apps through the Play store b/c Tibu wasn't working for me at that time. It could be the rom, it could be the script, but I do know prior to the script I never had a problem with Script Manager and Root Explorer.

Thats the same for me as well but who knows -_-

#64 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I actually defrosted my apps and rebooted phone then I flashed the script. Let it settle then rebooted my phone again. I let it settle again and continued using my phone throughout the day. The following morning my phone also froze while plugged in outlet. Tried to reboot but got stuck at Motorola screen. It eventually booted. So decided to factory reset. The phone kept freezing every now and then. So I guess some phones don't work great with script.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#65 looneytuned29

looneytuned29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Mine was slow and laggy before i installed this. Example before while on leak only, when scrolling screens it was slow and would catch but not after i installed script. Didn't notice any bloat removed and like i said earlier sq lite doesn't work but I'm sure it will be resolved. All in all great job.

#66 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Mine was slow and laggy before i installed this. Example before while on leak only, when scrolling screens it was slow and would catch but not after i installed script. Didn't notice any bloat removed and like i said earlier sq lite doesn't work but I'm sure it will be resolved. All in all great job.

Talked to Vicious and he said if you do any sq lite edits before running scripts, it will hold. Ex. wifi tethering.

#67 Nickcm1820

Nickcm1820

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

I got the frozen M this morning after a hard reset. No other problems. I did update busy and su before install.

yeah now it hasnt done it since this morning, idk but im really happy with this script so far

#68 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

That is exactly a flame post. The first two questions would have been just fine.

If you think that's a flame post then you are WAAAAY too sensitive. If I wanted to actually trash talk this script I wouldn't hold back. It's buggy. My phone had all kinds of issues and I'm not alone, read this thread in its entirety. Pointing out the obvious isn't flaming. Flaming is being down right rude with no provocation, theres a difference.

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!
  • pkjeeps likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#69 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

No one flaming anyone here. DT has all of our respect. But no one is perfect. Some phones act differently than others. People who are having problems with the script are just pointing it out. It appears to be the same problem most of us are reporting. I'm sure its been discussed at droidhive site too

#70 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well what would be steps to go back to leak....restore a backup?

#71 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yeah. It's been said in chatroom that factory reset doesn't restore ics to defaults before script, so I'd say backup or .173 back then ics path like you took before. That is unless someone releases something otherwise.

#72 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

That is exactly a flame post. The first two questions would have been just fine.

Agreed. First two questions was all that was needed. The rest is just complaining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#73 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Agreed. First two questions was all that was needed. The rest is just complaining.

People aren't allowed to complain?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#74 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

People aren't allowed to complain?

Complaining can usually be tolerated, but whining is another story...

#75 imjustlaos

imjustlaos

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

I haven't faced any bugs and retained root after everything. No problems here, just battery life doesn't seem different.
  • timmayt2 likes this

#76 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Complaining can usually be tolerated, but whining is another story...

Very true.

#77 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Yeah, I guess complain was not the best choice or words. But to be honest, if you are installing a custom Rom for free that someone else put in the time and effort, I would say no, complaining isn't a right. If you don't like the Rom or modifier, try something else.

• GroovyDeus likes this

#78 loonie01

loonie01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

I'm just mad at the fact that he didn't put that script in that adds free money to my bank account. :-)

#79 mdowney916

mdowney916

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, I guess complain was not the best choice or words. But to be honest, if you are installing a custom Rom for free that someone else put in the time and effort, I would say no, complaining isn't a right. If you don't like the Rom or modifier, try something else.

Thank you Jungle King my thoughts exactly. The idea here is to support our devs and to let people know what might be going wrong and if there is any way to fix it. Stating a problem and or problems is not an issue. On the other hand questioning the dev on releasing a product that is free to all is.

#80 Z32CM

Z32CM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I have zero issues. Any issues people have are due to the leaked ICS not being fully polished, OR from messing something up during an install. There are probably 3(yes I'm exaggerating) users who are truly finding bugs, but that's due to advanced features 99% of us will never use. The rest of the bugs can be fixed by flashing back to stock then going through all the steps of installing and rooting. DT did a good job, he deserves credit.

By the way, this is not directed at anyone in particular, just in general. Before complaining, remember, you're running an os that was not intended for the masses yet and the modifier is a first release.

• Krazr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users