{ROM} Orion CM10.1 & AOKP & Paranoid Android & SlimBean Builds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
446 replies to this topic

#1 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

What started as an attempt to produce a CM10.1 daily driver has evolved into something very different. Instead of trying to change one build, I decided to try to take advantage of the hard work of various Build Teams. All the roms are compiled from source. The latest build dates can be found in post 2.

The PA and CM10.1 builds are straight from the RazrQCom Dev team. Slim and AOKP were built from their source, RazrQCom dev team device necessary branches, and my changes to get the build to work.

I use the latest Vanquish kernel source with the builds.

Thanks and credit belong to Dhacker, Hashcode, the rest of the RazrQCom Dev Team, Dan Rosenberg, Bytecode for the Vanquish Kernel, the rest of the razrqcom team,  The AOKP, Paranoid Android, and Slim Rom Teams for the code, Partimus Prime for the boot animation and ForeverKing for init.d tweaks.

Instructions :

1. Be Unlocked
2. Be Unlocked!
3. I'm using twrp (No clue if it will work with CWM)
4. Wipe everything twice
5. Mount system
6. Flash (pick your flavor);

MAKE SURE YOU GRAB THE RIGHT GAPPS. THEY ARE ALL BUILD SPECIFIC!

Option 1:

CM 10.1:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

CM 10.1 Gapps:

or

AOKP:

and

AOKP Gapps:

or

PA

and

Gapps:

Slim Bean:

or 7/12 build:

and

Gapps:

or SlimRom stock options found here:

7. Reboot (first boot takes a bit)

8. Wait 5 minutes or so - let it settle you just flashed a custom kernel
9. Set up your google account and get updates
9. Reboot
10. Reboot again
11. Profit

Help Section:

If you'd like to donate:

Enjoy

• neckchop, jamminjon82, T3T3droid and 12 others like this

#2 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

7/12

Updated SlimBean build with latest commits from the device and slim code.

7/11

Updated AOKP rom to 7/9 build date for fresh AOKP and Vanquish source.

7/10

Added Slim Bean Version 7 unoffical build. Took the slim rom source, overlayed the razrqcom necessary source than tweaked it all to build. Compiled today. Make sure you use the right gapps. Added in Apex launcher and a few minor tweaks, but it is mostly stock.

7/3

Added PA build. Compiled this morning. This is running the stock kernel for now.

7/1

Updated CM build with 7/2 base. Added a couple cherry picks I found interesting - subtle vibrate notification while on call and hangup and callback from in screen call.

Removed the theming, added Apex as launcher option with an Apex theme available.

I'll be focusing on AOKP going forward. I find it to be a better build and due to space limitations I can only keep one build available at a given time on my system.

6/28

Forked and modified RazrQcom dev team source files to build AOKP. The AOKP rom is not themed, straight stock. I added Apex as a launcher option and an Apex theme.

I used the Vanquish Kernel Source. It was compiled this morning.

6/10

Moved option 2 here -

6/9

The second option is for anyone looking for the stock theme. It also allows one to flash nightlies and using the updater/gapps be under no obligation to wipe data (if you are coming from any cm10.1 nighlty). It is not the exact same as the full ROM, but includes the performance and battery tweaks, boot animation and some ringtones. All the stock tones are still there, I just added some in for myself. No Orion from Metallica yet - I need to find a good copy.

Any nightlies I post will have the latest Vanquish source unless otherwise noted.

6/7

Fixed a couple stupid mistakes in 6.4, used 6/7 nightly as base.

6/6

Updated kernel with latest Vanquish commits

used 6/6 nightly as the base

6/5
Wifi fixed
Fixed theming of status bar (blue is gone)
Updated icons in gapps and rom to match
using 6/4 nightly as base

6/2
Updated to version 6 using 6/3 nightly as base (yes I know it is still 6/2 - that's how fresh the source is!!!!!).
Biggest change is the latest Vanquish kernel was built into the source - it's smooth as butter.
Fixed contacts - no longer inverted for the time being
Changed boot animation
1% battery mod (select in settings>system>statusbar) works with charging too
Themed a bunch more that you may or mat not notice......
Other stuff that has pretty much burnt me out after putting in about 30 hours since Friday - time for a couple days off.
The blue wifi signal is annoying the hell out of me, but I'm stumped because I've changed every icon in the source and the xml.......I'm sure I missed something stupid, but after changing tens of thousands of lines of code I'm throwing in the towel for now.....If someone knows something I don't please chime in.....

5/26
Added init.d, build prop, and xbin tweaks for speed, smoothness and battery life.

Fixed Google now in the Gapps

5/24

Integrated latest vanquish kernel code into source code. Pulled out init.d and build prop tweaks causing issues. Committed to no longer reading or posting anything but links any more.

5/23
Fixed Camera - tweaked Gapps package
5/22
Updated to version 4. Rom is themed dark. I inverted a good majority of the apps, added in icons and other stuff I'm too tired to remember. Runs smooth, fast - they way it should. The kernel is stock. I will post a link to the latest Vanquish kernel I have tomorrow.

Only bug I've found is the flash screen on boot.

5/18
Camera works

5/14

Updated the source with ByteCodes Vanquish Kernel. This is the kernel released for the HD. It runs perfect with the M and is a major improvement over the stock kernel. Work on the kernel is ongoing and will be incorporated into this rom with updates.

Kernel Thread from Bytecode:

I also tweaked the init.d scripts and build prop tweaks to this specific build. Much better performance than previous versions (more like it should be).

The flash screen on boot is present and the camera has no preview.

Compiled this morning.

5/7

I decided to switch back to the traditional method of flashing roms due to the number of people having problems. Unfortunately, I can't fix what I don't experience......

I just compiled this tonight. I pulled out the ram flusher and a couple other items I was experimenting with. It should be solid.

The upside is this release should be bug free (cm10.1 bugs still apply so no camera preview and boot flash still there)

The downside is I'm not compiling nightlies of this, just too much work for a "hobby" (My name is John and I'm addicted to flashing....lol). When I see code changes that will fix the bugs I'll update the base accordingly.

Couple items of note - DO NOT FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE A LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!!

I added 6 governors into the source code of the kernel making it custom and therefore not flashable on a locked bootloader.

I added in No Frills Cpu so you can easily access the different governor choices. I left the default as interactive because I have only tested them in a limited fashion. I just haven't had the time due to the need to reconfigure how I distribute the ROM. They all load, but beyond that your guess is as good as mine at this point.

Please don't ask what governor to use. We are all unique individuals using our phones differently. There is no right or wrong, try them all. Read about what they do:

Along those lines, with the bootloader unlocked I'm thinking like the OG droid days - Overclocking this thing until the phone is so hot it burns my hand.........Thoughts? Is it fast enough? Underclock?

Last thought - If any themers or just someone who wants to dip their toes into Deving (theming is a great first step) wants to theme let me know. I'm so old when I was a kid ADHD wasn't invited, we were just hyper, spazs, or had ants in our pants.....Theming to me is mind numbingly painful and because I have the attention span of a 3 year old I suck at it. Honestly, I have zero interest in it.......I have no problem including themes for the theme launcher, but I'd much rather work on things I enjoy.

• neckchop, jamminjon82, hillmom and 2 others like this

#3 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

I'll give this a try. This is going to sound like a completely retarded question, but can you explain 5 briefly to me?

#4 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'll give this a try. This is going to sound like a completely retarded question, but can you explain 5 briefly to me?

In recovery before you install the rom click on "Mount" and than check the box next to "Mount System".

Wait 5 minutes to download. I'm uploading a quick update.

---edit - good to go

• jamminjon82 and hillmom like this

#5 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Alright. I already downloaded it but I'll redownload after you update it.

#6 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Does this CM10.1 add a " /0/0 " folder for the internal sd card like the other ones do?

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#7 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Download link disappeared...

#8 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

I

Well I got some freaky static screen between the boot logo and the boot animation (which I like) but so far so good...

Setup went fine, still got that weird static screen between the boot logo and animation though. Odd. I'm not worried about the theme since I have one I always use. When I hit the power button to unlock it it flashes that static screen again very briefly.

#9 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Link is up. Had to fix the launcher real quick. The screen flash on boot is cm10.1 bug

• neckchop likes this

#10 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Is reboot to recovery option in this ROM? It is not in other cm10.1 ROMs.

#11 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well it gives me 100mb more RAM than the other CM10 builds so that's a big plus. I'll run it for awhile and post results. Wish we could reboot to recovery but its not a big deal for me.

#12 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Well it gives me 100mb more RAM than the other CM10 builds so that's a big plus. I'll run it for awhile and post results. Wish we could reboot to recovery but its not a big deal for me.

If you need to get into recovery, do a reboot and when the screen goes black and before the boot logo (M logo) shows up hold the vol+ button. Only way I found that works without using a third party app. Maybe MarxMan can put that option in the next build....

#13 AK47sForAll

AK47sForAll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

If you need to get into recovery, do a reboot and when the screen goes black and before the boot logo (M logo) shows up hold the vol+ button. Only way I found that works without using a third party app. Maybe MarxMan can put that option in the next build....

I know, that's why I said it's not a big deal for me, lol.

Also, it seems to be stable but a little jerky when you swipe screens.

#14 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

I know, that's why I said it's not a big deal for me, lol.

Also, it seems to be stable but a little jerky when you swipe screens.

Lol ok. Im gonna try this ROM out soon but does this one add a " /0/0 " folder for the internal sd card like the other CM10.1 ROMs do? Its kinda annoying since I have OCD and like everything organized haha.

#15 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Lol ok. Im gonna try this ROM out soon but does this one add a " /0/0 " folder for the internal sd card like the other CM10.1 ROMs do? Its kinda annoying since I have OCD and like everything organized haha.

This one creates an emulated folder for the internal.

I think the jerkiness is my poor theming. I have an idea I'm working on now that I hope to share soon.
  • nprevette420 likes this

#16 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Updated OP and # 2.

#17 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Updated OP and # 2.

Out of curiosity did this help the smoothness?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#18 RandumAccess

RandumAccess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Is there a changelog for the nightly builds anywhere? 

Will be trying this out sometime tonight...

Thanks

#19 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

How is volume on this ROM? Seems like other CM 10 ROMs volume is low.<br /><br />via Raging M that is color blind<br /><br />

#20 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Dhacker doesn't do change logs. I don't blame him. Two choices - read the code changes via git or flash it....

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users